Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Annual Site Wide Mock GM LOUNGE DISCUSSION

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 01:30 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(03-26-2018, 09:18 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 08:43 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Ideas?

TE Mark Andrews Oklahoma OT Conner Williams Texas OLB Lorenzo Carter Georgia DE Rasheem Greene USC OL James Daniels Iowa

EDIT DT Taven Bryan Florida WR D. J. Chark

Daniels is a top ten pick. Williams is the top OT in this draft. Greene has been on the rise. Carter is a fringe first round pick. Taven Bryan would be a steal. Chark is a blazing fast (4.34) 6-3, 200 Lbs deep threat.

I do like Mark Andrews, but I feel his medical condition is a serious red flag for a Florida team with the humidity. I'm really tempted to say Hayden Hurst here, but I keep hoping/thinking he falls an entire round right into the Jaguars lap in round two. If they took Hurst here I'd be perfectly fine with the pick even though he may be a slight reach.

[b]Another slight reach who may really fit is Rashaan Evans as a potential starting LB.
You brougt up Lorenzo Carter. ...over Evans?

Conner Williams may just fit right in as a starting G with the potential to possibly move outside in the future. He's tough to pass up, and I prefer him over the two Centers[/b](Ragnow and Daniels) laregly because I want Linder to keep playing C so that he's paired up right next to Norwell. So mark Williams high on my list.

Greene? Why a DE?

Bryan? Why a DT?

Finally you get to DJ Chark who I also would be ok with, but I have a tough time seeing him go before Ridley and Moore. I personally like DJ Moore.

In the end, my short list looks something like...

1. DJ Moore
2. Conner Williams
3. Calvin Ridley
4. DJ Chark
5. Rashaan Evans
6. Hayden Hurst

Williams may be a medical red flag.

WEAKNESSES

Williams slides well laterally but does not possess the quickness or length of elite NFL left tackles, limitations which will cause him some problems against speed rushers. He can get over-aggressive when run blocking on the move, failing to anticipate where linebackers are headed and leaving himself lunging at them or re-directing to another target. Some will have questions about Williams' grit after he missed a total of eight games over the past two seasons, including seven in 2017 for a knee injury that ultimately did not require surgery, as well as the 2016 clash with UTEP. 

http://www.draftscout.com/members/rating...id=1016231 

Right next to his name in the profile is a knee injury warning: 

(+) Coming off 09-16-17 Knee INJ

I would hate to draft him and have his knee snap a'la Fowler. 

He also does NOT appear to be a lock at OT. 

Rob Rang sez:

IN OUR VIEW: Williams is a bit of a throwback, showing the power and aggression as a run blocker that scouts covet along with the athleticism, balance and girth to stone pass rushers, projecting as a legitimate NFL left tackle worthy of top 10 consideration.

- Rob Rang 12/16/2017

The NFL.Com value board has Williams in the top fifty by grade, but the comments are contrasting Rob Rang's "top ten" comment.

[font=arial, sans-serif]BOTTOM LINE

Williams has been a personal favorite since studying his freshman season, but his 2017 tape didn't match his previous body of work. Williams seemed to lose some lateral quickness and had troubles holding up at a high level in protection. A move to guard or center is a possibility depending on how his arm length measures out. Williams is a plus run blocker with plug-and-play technique across the board. If he regains his 2016 form, he will be a good NFL starter. If not, he'll be an average NFL starter.-Lance Zierlein[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Good or average do not come close to matching top ten status. 33" arms = OG.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]NFL.com lists Bryan as DT. They list Greene as DE. Bryan runs like a DT. Greene ran 4.73 Taven Bryan ran 4.98 [/font]

Messages In This Thread
Jnev - by JNev - 03-26-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: Annual Site Wide Mock GM LOUNGE DISCUSSION - by JUNGLE CAT 2017 - 03-27-2018, 12:41 AM
Jjah34 - by jjah34 - 03-27-2018, 05:56 PM
RE: Jjah34 - by flgatorsandjags - 03-27-2018, 06:00 PM
RE: Jjah34 - by NYC4jags - 03-27-2018, 06:08 PM
RE: Jjah34 - by JNev - 03-28-2018, 01:22 AM
RE: Jjah34 - by NYC4jags - 03-28-2018, 08:57 AM
RE: Jjah34 - by CSTblank - 03-28-2018, 09:11 AM
RE: Jjah34 - by NYC4jags - 03-28-2018, 09:27 AM
RE: Jjah34 - by Kane - 03-28-2018, 10:06 AM
flgatorsandjags - by flgatorsandjags - 04-01-2018, 10:04 PM