Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Luke Joekel

I noticed Luke Joekel is still a free agent. If he's willing to play for a reasonable contract, should we bring him back for depth? 
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm happy to be past that chapter and keep it in the rearview personally.

There's a good chance that Cann becomes cheap quality depth at guard after the draft. And I don't want LJ anywhere near either tackle spot. Even as depth.

(03-25-2018, 11:57 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I noticed Luke Joekel is still a free agent. If he's willing to play for a reasonable contract, should we bring him back for depth? 

There’s a reason for that.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-25-2018, 11:57 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I noticed Luke Joekel is still a free agent. If he's willing to play for a reasonable contract, should we bring him back for depth? 

Gotta be joking?

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2018, 04:20 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

For which gate? I'm hearing gate A is missing a turnstile. Would be a good fit with the crew there.

He sucks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

It just kills me how he was considered bar none the best player in the draft for months leading up to the draft.  You really can't fault his selection based on what everyone was saying, but how could they all be so wrong including the real scouts?
'02

(03-25-2018, 01:31 PM)Jags02 Wrote: It just kills me how he was considered bar none the best player in the draft for months leading up to the draft.  You really can't fault his selection based on what everyone was saying, but how could they all be so wrong including the real scouts?

Sometimes it just doesn't work out like that. I think Manziel and the offense covered up a lot of his deficiencies and I believe he lacked that bit of dog in him too. Hard to know whats going on in his head.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2018, 01:49 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

[Image: office-no.gif]

Sure. Let's bring Gabbert too.........

(03-25-2018, 01:31 PM)Jags02 Wrote: It just kills me how he was considered bar none the best player in the draft for months leading up to the draft.  You really can't fault his selection based on what everyone was saying, but how could they all be so wrong including the real scouts?

He came into the league as a kid and didn’t have (probably still doesn’t) have grown man strength.

(03-25-2018, 05:02 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote:

He came into the league as a kid and didn’t have (probably still doesn’t) have grown man strength.

This 1000x. He never even looked the part of a lineman. He just looks soft as cotton.

Remember Aaron Curry?

We had no interest in picking up his 5th year option and no interest in retaining him and let him walk. He played one year for the Seahawks who have no interest in re-signing him. The team that signs him will be one that hasn't been paying attention.

He appears to have all the tools but lacks the mentality (read nastiness) to play in the NFL. Good kid, just not mean enough to be a left tackle.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2018, 07:39 PM by JagFanatic24.)

I'd bring him back at Guard. He was solid there during preseason.

(03-25-2018, 06:12 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: We had no interest in picking up his 5th year option and no interest in retaining him and let him walk. He played one year for the Seahawks who have no interest in re-signing him. The team that signs him will be one that hasn't been paying attention.

Seattle's OL has been pretty bad and they didn't even re-sign him for depth.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(03-25-2018, 08:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I'd bring him back at Guard. We was solid there during preseason.

It's the preseason though...I'm not sure that's a good indicator?

(03-25-2018, 08:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I'd bring him back at Guard. We was solid there during preseason.

Cann is a better guard than Joeckel, and Cann is probably going to be the primary back-up at guard when the Jags draft an interior lineman in a few weeks. 

I don't even know if Joeckel would beat out Shatley or Gennesy to back-up either guard spot.

Lol no he wasn’t.