Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
O'Dell Beckham Jr. on the Trade Block According to GMFB

Well, would we be interested? It's exciting to think about, I just don;t know how much he would cost draftpick/player wise and what he's going to demand contract wise before he steps foot on the field this year. Definitely intriguing though

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No! He'd kill our cap and with the most recent off the field fiasco (video of him in bed with a girl smoking a blunt and having a powdery substance on a mirror), there's too much baggage.

(03-26-2018, 11:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No! He'd kill our cap and with the most recent off the field fiasco (video of him in bed with a girl smoking a blunt and having a powdery substance on a mirror), there's too much baggage.

Agreed completely.

When the owner of the Giants comes out and says he's tired of discussing OBJ's antics and that it could impact whether he gets a contract extension, there's a problem.

While OBJ is a talent, we don't need the sideshow.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'd happily take him.

I don't think he's the same kind of diva as someone like TO.
For instance, have we ever heard of ODB being bad in the locker room or trashing his QB? Granted he's no wall flower.

(03-26-2018, 12:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'd happily take him.

For instance, have we ever heard of ODB being bad in the locker room or trashing his QB? Granted he's no wall flower.

There was never any rumor with TO involved with drugs nor did he was he ever arrested.  ODB looks to be heading down that path

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2018, 12:45 PM by JackCity.)

(03-26-2018, 12:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 12:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'd happily take him.

There was never any rumor with TO involved with drugs nor did he was he ever arrested.  ODB looks to be heading down that path

He had a warrant out for his arrest due to child support issues and had the police called on him several times. He had issues law wise but was much much worse as a team mate.

Was more so talking about inside the locker room but I wouldn't have any issue with players using recreational drugs.

(03-26-2018, 12:43 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 12:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There was never any rumor with TO involved with drugs nor did he was he ever arrested.  ODB looks to be heading down that path

He had a warrant out for his arrest due to child support issues and had the police called on him several times. He had issues law wise but was much much worse as a team mate.

Was more so talking about inside the locker room but I wouldn't have any issue with players using recreational drugs.

Inside the locker room Odell is regarded as a joke and a loser. Talented, sure.. but no one likes him.

Never trust a grown man that dyes his hair.
Huh

(03-26-2018, 12:50 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 12:43 PM)JackCity Wrote: He had a warrant out for his arrest due to child support issues and had the police called on him several times. He had issues law wise but was much much worse as a team mate.

Inside the locker room Odell is regarded as a joke and a loser. Talented, sure.. but no one likes him.

Source?

(03-26-2018, 12:51 PM)Monty Wrote: Never trust a grown man that dyes his hair.

But... but... the grays won’t stop taking over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He would be a distraction with his tantrums on the sidelines from Bortle's bad ball placement or not getting the ball when he's open.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2018, 03:23 PM by TheeKB.)

But yeah I’d like some reputable links on some of these accusations I’m seeing. Because if they’re true then espn, nfl network and other prime news agencies (oh and TMZ) have been missing out on some big scoops. If tmz doesn’t have u snorting it then it never happened hahaha

On a serious note tho, if a team does pay the 8mil left on his rookie contract and trades a player/draft picks then he could still sit out for that team if he wanted? Am I understanding this correctly? Bc that’s what he’s doing now. Would he play for a ring tho? Did TC know about this the whole time and has he been sitting on it as a possibility? And what if we just bought him his own field goal practice net thingy that he loves so much?

Hard pass.

The word is he is saying he will sit unless he gets a new deal and he wants around 20mil per year.

Even if the contract wasn't outlandish, he's a distraction, and a me first player that we don't have a need for on a run first team that needs unselfish players to thrive.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

He wants to be paid more than QBs. As a talent he certainly does justify being paid the top WR in the game, but man is it a lot of money. Then add the off the field... I am not sure I would want to pay it. He certainly wants more than Brown. End of the day I could see someone giving him 17.5M a year. That's fair for his talent. As long as he continues to pass his drugs tests the video will be irrelevant. His on the field weird crap like being friends with the kicker net is really odd though.

(03-26-2018, 03:39 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: He wants to be paid more than QBs. As a talent he certainly does justify being paid the top WR in the game, but man is it a lot of money. Then add the off the field... I am not sure I would want to pay it. He certainly wants more than Brown. End of the day I could see someone giving him 17.5M a year. That's fair for his talent. As long as he continues to pass his drugs tests the video will be irrelevant. His on the field weird crap like being friends with the kicker net is really odd though.

Yeah, a video didn't hurt Laremy Tunsil either

(03-26-2018, 03:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 03:39 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: He wants to be paid more than QBs. As a talent he certainly does justify being paid the top WR in the game, but man is it a lot of money. Then add the off the field... I am not sure I would want to pay it. He certainly wants more than Brown. End of the day I could see someone giving him 17.5M a year. That's fair for his talent. As long as he continues to pass his drugs tests the video will be irrelevant. His on the field weird crap like being friends with the kicker net is really odd though.

Yeah, a video didn't hurt Laremy Tunsil either

Tunsil had a video released RIGHT as he was being drafted, and tumbled because teams had no clue what to do + he already had off the field issues.  

*Slightly*  different situations.

(03-26-2018, 04:02 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 03:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, a video didn't hurt Laremy Tunsil either

Tunsil had a video released RIGHT as he was being drafted, and tumbled because teams had no clue what to do + he already had off the field issues.  

I think the Giants would of made him the highest paid WR in league history until that video came out.  It looks like it has already hurt him.

In all honesty I can’t stand the guy. He is LITERALLY the Meta World Peace of the NFL.

(03-26-2018, 04:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 04:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: Tunsil had a video released RIGHT as he was being drafted, and tumbled because teams had no clue what to do + he already had off the field issues.  

I think the Giants would of made him the highest paid WR in league history until that video came out.  It looks like it has already hurt him.

Regardless of where he goes, if he stays healthy and keeps playing how he has been playing he will get that contract. Video is supposedly from a season or two ago also.

(03-26-2018, 04:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 04:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: Tunsil had a video released RIGHT as he was being drafted, and tumbled because teams had no clue what to do + he already had off the field issues.  

It'll be irrelevant if he balls out.