Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
O'Dell Beckham Jr. on the Trade Block According to GMFB

(03-26-2018, 05:02 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 04:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think the Giants would of made him the highest paid WR in league history until that video came out.  It looks like it has already hurt him.
It'll be irrelevant if he balls out.

Even if he plays as well as he ever did, he isn't worth 20 mil a year
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-26-2018, 05:04 PM)I\m Achilles Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 05:02 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: It'll be irrelevant if he balls out.

Even if he plays as well as he ever did, he isn't worth 20 mil a year

He ain't getting 20. 17.5M is what he probably will get seeing as the highest right now is Brown at 17.0M avg.

Every WR Eli had was a thousand yard receiver, but OBJ would look super in a Jaguar uniform.

I would take him. But all I care about is winning. I'm not a long term, financial type of fan. I want to win the next game and that's it.

Definitely a hard pass for me.

Would be pretty crazy if the 49ers land him. What better than to give your brand new QB a top 3 WR. Jimmy G and O'dell would light it up in Shanahans offense. Rams too would be crazy.

Guy seems like he is on the footstep of a suspension. I would pass.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I'll do it.

They could ask for multiple picks, but they're only asking for one late-round first. It's not like it's way too much as he's better than any player we'd get there.

As for the money, we know how to deal. If he keeps up what he's been doing, losing ARob will be an afterthought. We spent years trying to get past Jimmy Smith retiring with almost no results, but we have a chance to start things off here with a bang.

I'm all over the prima donna. Let OBJ duke it out in practice against our DBs. I can really see this move pushing the Jaguars over the top this season.

'02

Won't happen, I doubt he wants to play in a small market with a questionable QB.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(03-26-2018, 10:24 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Guy seems like he is on the footstep of a suspension. I would pass.

Agreed.  

Between trade compensation,  contract,  and antics,  a team that trades for OBJ would be taking a tremendous risk.   A bad outcome seems more likely than a good outcome with OBJ.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 01:57 PM by Achilles.)

(03-27-2018, 01:51 PM)D6 Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 10:24 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Guy seems like he is on the footstep of a suspension. I would pass.

Agreed.  

Between trade compensation,  contract,  and antics,  a team that trades for OBJ would be taking a tremendous risk.   A bad outcome seems more likely than a good outcome with OBJ.

Huge risk, he's currently linked hard to the Rams who already are taking a risk on Suh and Peters as well as talib aren't known for being squeaky clean haha. That locker room could be on the verge of blowing up.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(03-27-2018, 01:56 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 01:51 PM)D6 Wrote:   Agreed.  

Huge risk, he's currently linked hard to the Rams who already are taking a risk on Suh and Peters as well as talib aren't known for being squeaky clean haha. That locker room could be on the verge of blowing up.

In addition, the Rams also have more questions than answers regarding their edge pass rush being that Robert Quinn was traded to the Dolphins and they have to replace the overall package ILB Alec Olgetree brought to the table.  If they use draft resources and salary cap dollars on OBJ,  they could easily be dealing with BOTH team chemistry/ dependability issues,  and talent issues.

(03-26-2018, 12:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'd happily take him.

I don't think he's the same kind of diva as someone like TO.
For instance, have we ever heard of ODB being bad in the locker room or trashing his QB? Granted he's no wall flower.

Not a diva?  LOL
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-27-2018, 06:34 PM)copycat Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 12:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'd happily take him.

I don't think he's the same kind of diva as someone like TO.
For instance, have we ever heard of ODB being bad in the locker room or trashing his QB? Granted he's no wall flower.

Not a diva?  LOL

Read the post again.

(03-27-2018, 06:38 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 06:34 PM)copycat Wrote: Not a diva?  LOL

Read the post again.

I'll rephrase if that makes you happy.

Not the same type of Diva as TO.  LMAO!

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-27-2018, 06:43 PM)copycat Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 06:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: Read the post again.

I'll rephrase if that makes you happy.

Not a matter of happiness, it was just false is all.  

Yep. Not the same type of diva as TO. Odell hasn't torn apart a locker room and started calling out his QB. In fact, we haven't heard anything about Odell being a bad team mate. With TO it was constant.

(03-27-2018, 06:48 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 06:43 PM)copycat Wrote: I'll rephrase if that makes you happy.

Not a matter of happiness, it was just false is all.  

Yep. Not the same type of diva as TO. Odell hasn't torn apart a locker room and started calling out his QB. In fact, we haven't heard anything about Odell being a bad team mate. With TO it was constant.

Every time OBJ has been shut down he has come unglued.  A diva is a diva is a diva!  The Jaguars are a blue collar team transcending to a "We are Family" type of atmosphere.  Beckham Jr is a self promoting tool just like TO.  He would not fit in here one iota.  Heck he would lose his mind going up against Ramsey every day in practice.  

PASS!  PASS! and HARD PASS!

(03-27-2018, 06:57 PM)copycat Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 06:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: Not a matter of happiness, it was just false is all.  

Every time OBJ has been shut down he has come unglued.  A diva is a diva is a diva!  The Jaguars are a blue collar team transcending to a "We are Family" type of atmosphere.  Beckham Jr is a self promoting tool just like TO.  He would not fit in here one iota.  Heck he would lose his mind going up against Ramsey every day in practice.  

PASS!  PASS! and HARD PASS!

"Different type of diva" does not = "Not a diva".  

Yeah he has baggage, he's also historically productive. I'd have no problem with him. Our locker room is also very expressive.

[Image: Odel%20Beckham.jpg?v=1-201704101300]

Plus he apparently has dandruff.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2018, 11:37 AM by TheeKB.)

(03-27-2018, 07:48 PM)PF* Wrote: [Image: Odel%20Beckham.jpg?v=1-201704101300]

Plus he apparently has dandruff.

Ok... now that’s funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro