Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Supporters: Let me ask you a question.

So I haven't been around for a bit, more lurking than anything I suppose which is normal for me this time of year, so HI!! 

Lets plan to just have a civil and calm discussion about this, no more. 

If you voted for Trump and was encouraged by him winning up to this point, why do you think he's truly making America great again? Like, show me, with valid journalistic sources, proof that he's doing the country good. 

If you voted for Trump and was encouraged by him winning up to this point, and now you regret it. What has he done that made you come to this decision? 

I feel like I, for once, would like to come to a deeper understanding as to why there can be such a major divide between people due to their political views. People who would otherwise probably get along pretty great! I know that I have had just as much fond memories with my Republican friends as I have with my more liberal friends. Two different kinds of experiences, but both coming together would definitely top them all.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Unemployment down. Stock market up. Taxes down. North Korean relations up. Health insurance mandates down. Wall going up. Illegal entries down. All good things IMO.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-27-2018, 01:21 AM)BigJag57 Wrote: So I haven't been around for a bit, more lurking than anything I suppose which is normal for me this time of year, so HI!! 

If you voted for Trump and was encouraged by him winning up to this point, why do you think he's truly making America great again? Like, show me, with valid journalistic sources, proof that he's doing the country good. 

If you voted for Trump and was encouraged by him winning up to this point, and now you regret it. What has he done that made you come to this decision? 

I feel like I, for once, would like to come to a deeper understanding as to why there can be such a major divide between people due to their political views. People who would otherwise probably get along pretty great! I know that I have had just as much fond memories with my Republican friends as I have with my more liberal friends. Two different kinds of experiences, but both coming together would definitely top them all.

Valid journalistic sources???? To me the media is the source of the major divide between people due to their political views.  The media highlights things to make a large buck rather than showing the complete story  for those broadcasts.  So far, Trump has been pretty good when you can see things without being polarized or brainwashed by the MSM and the slanted media. He has made tons of mistakes(i.e. not using veto for the recent the large spending bill increasing debt), just like a normal person. He has social problems and at times doesn't know how convey his message. However, He is real as they come, in your face nothing to hide, even his stupidity. All that aside he is doing his job. I believe he is making American great again by the following accomplishments:

1)Tax reform for business growth and wage increases.

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/...mpressive/

"At the conclusion of Trump’s first year, the stock market and small-business confidence are at record highs, and consumer confidence has not been higher in 17 years. Trump’s loud campaign promises to lure back capital and industry to the heartland no longer look quixotic, given new tax and deregulatory incentives and far cheaper energy costs than in most of Europe and Japan.

Trump has now ended 66 regulations for every one he has added. Few believed a Republican president could cut the corporate-tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent while capping state- and local-tax deductions for mostly high earners to $10,000. Those are the highlights of a comprehensive tax-reform and -reduction agenda that will likely accelerate the economy to an even more rapid growth rate than Trump’s first two full quarters of annualized increases in GDP of more than 3 percent.

Dozens of large companies are already passing along some of their anticipated tax cuts to employees through increased wages or bonuses — dismissed as “crumbs” by House minority leader Nancy Pelosi. Rising workers’ wages and anticipated tax credits and savings for the lower and middle classes for now are rendering almost mute the age-old fights about state-mandated minimum-wage laws. The mostly unheralded nixing of the Obamacare individual mandate — once the great ideological battlefield of the Affordable Care Act — will insidiously recalibrate the ACA into a mostly private-market enterprise.

Domestic oil production is slated to exceed 2017 record levels and soon may hit an astonishing 11 million barrels a day. “Peak oil” for now is an ossified idea, as are massive wind and solar Solyndra-like government subsidies and the mostly unworkable Paris Climate Accord.

Gas, oil, and coal production are expected to rise even higher with new Trump initiatives to open up the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge field in Alaska, encourage more fracking on federal lands and offshore, and complete needed pipeline links while encouraging coal exportation.

For all the political horse-trading over extending or ending the Obama executive orders on DACA, illegal immigration has declined according to some metrics by over 60 percent. It is now at the lowest levels in the 21st century — even before the ending of chain migration and enacting of new border-security initiatives."

http://www.newsweek.com/trumps-first-yea...nts-786130

2) Cutting foreign aid  to countries that want to harm America.

"Finally, during my time in the U.S. Senate, I have called for foreign aid to be cut to those who burn the American flag and chant “Death to America.” The out-of-touch politicians in Washington just laughed, and no president of either party supported cutting aid. President Trump has changed that, and he cut aid to Pakistan for a frustrating lack of cooperation in combating terror."

http://time.com/5105056/rand-paul-donald...irst-year/

3) VA reforms
"In June, President Trump signed the VA Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act. The legislation fulfilled a major campaign promise and was the most significant reform bill in the history of the Department of Veterans Affairs.

It gave Secretary David Shulkin and VA leadership the power to fire bad employees for misconduct and provided more whistleblower protection to those who report wrongdoing. The VA is now required to release a monthly report detailing whatever disciplinary actions have been taken during that month each month since the bill was signed.

And it’s working. After the very first month, more than 500 employees had been fired for bad behavior as a result. The Adverse Actions Report also showed more than 180 had been put on suspension for a period greater than 14 days.

The Trump Administration has taken veterans’ issues head on since taking office. The White House created the VA accountability office, launched a website posting wait-times at hospitals and a same-day mental health care initiative at each facility.
The President also signed the The Veteran’s Affairs Choice and Quality Employment Act of 2017, which begins permitting qualified veterans to get the care of their choice."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_c..._long_list

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/penta...o-the-gop/
Formerly known as The Real Joker

Do your own classwork son! LOL
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-27-2018, 08:48 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Do your own classwork son! LOL

This was the first thing I thought of when I read the OP:

https://ispot.tv/a/wqwQ

(03-27-2018, 08:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

This was the first thing I thought of when I read the OP:

https://ispot.tv/a/wqwQ

To be fair, he specifically asked for the opinions of those who voted for Trump.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(03-27-2018, 01:21 AM)BigJag57 Wrote: So I haven't been around for a bit, more lurking than anything I suppose which is normal for me this time of year, so HI!! 

It's very, very simple - and you don't need "journalistic sources" to see the simple truth, either.  Today's "journalistic sources" are more biased today than they've ever been.  Most, especially mainstream, will give you the extreme view from either side.

He has, in year one:

cut taxes
lower unemployment rate (minorities have never been in a better position in recent history)
more people are moving off welfare and food stamps than they are moving to them
historic reduction in illegal immigration
defeated ISIS
restarting NASA
strengthened the economy (the market is reflecting the reduction of punitive regulatory policy of the previous administration)
repealed the unconstitutional employer mandate
appointed the most qualified and accomplished Supreme Court justice in decades
pulled out of Paris Climate Accord
reduced the number of federal employees
actually acted on moving on Congress' decades old decision to move the Israelian embassy to Jerusalem
filled court vacancies at a historic pace
opened ANWAR
US oil production highest since 1970
stands up to foreign leaders rather than bow to them - Russia, North Korea, China all stronger stances against than our past leadership

All this can be found in "journalistic sources," whether they are celebrating or lamenting these facts.  These accomplishments are predictably, routinely, and summarily dismissed by the radical left.

It is a similar litmus test for those who will respond to the facts in this post as well.

Historically speaking, the facts show he has few peers for how much he's accomplished in year one.

I am probably as surprised as anyone at this.  He certainly was not my first choice.  He was, however, is who we needed.  There is no perfect candidate who you are going to like 100%.  Political hacks attacking those who support him pretend this isn't true.  It's just their veil to attack him and his supporters in their cult war.  It shouldn't need to be repeated, but we got the best of two bad candidates.  But what makes Trump "bad" to most folks on both sides, is that he's not the career politician so many blindly accept and desire.  Most people, particularly those on the radical left, fall in line like sheep behind candidates who have the capital letter they prefer by their name.  Trump is not the same.  He's attacked by those committed to either capital letter.

So, as the capital letters wage their uncivil war... I reject both of them.  We all should.  The career politicians are killing their country like parasites gutting their host.

Few get this.

I support the good he's accomplished.  I certainly don't blindly support him or every single thing he does.  I also do not blindly reject him and every single thing he does.  There's good and bad in everyone.  We should have seen the blanket rejection of Trump coming from miles away after seeing the reaction from the left after the 2000 election (which they still deny was won by Bush, just as they deny Trump won.)  The radical left will "resist" anything not aligned with themselves.  It's their mantra.  It's their war.  It will not end well.  But it must end.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I voted for him and I'm still as mixed on him as I was when I voted. I love tax cuts hate the Tarrifs and the spending. Support the wall hate the lack of reform. Encouraged by Korean developments cautious in the lack of domestic spying reform. Not sure if I'll vote for him in 2020 I was pretty mad about the spending bill last week. I don't have much hope the Democrats will run anyone better so there's a chance I just stay home. Dunno he's definitely polorazing I'll give him that
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

This entreaty sounds more like an intervention.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 04:42 PM by 13Coronas.)

How many gangster pose with Hillary as friends 

.jpeg   964774E9-6329-49C9-A432-570EBD6EBB7F.jpeg (Size: 193.44 KB / Downloads: 86)

(03-27-2018, 04:41 PM)13Coronas Wrote: How many gangster pose with Hillary as friends 

“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

Didn't vote for him but was hopeful. The recent budget debacle however means he is just the same as every other politician and draining the swamp was just a line.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-27-2018, 06:10 PM)copycat Wrote: Didn't vote for him but was hopeful.  The recent budget debacle however means he is just the same as every other politician and draining the swamp was just a line.
As was the wall.... locking Hillary up....

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 06:49 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(03-27-2018, 01:21 AM)BigJag57 Wrote: If you voted for Trump and was encouraged by him winning up to this point, why do you think he's truly making America great again? Like, show me, with valid journalistic sources, proof that he's doing the country good. 

I like the fact that the dude doesn't complain one bit about paying a chick $130,000 just to get laid.  I used to complain about having to buy my date dinner and drinks.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-27-2018, 12:12 PM)pirkster Wrote:

It's very, very simple - and you don't need "journalistic sources" to see the simple truth, either.  Today's "journalistic sources" are more biased today than they've ever been.  Most, especially mainstream, will give you the extreme view from either side.

He has, in year one:

cut taxes
lower unemployment rate (minorities have never been in a better position in recent history)
more people are moving off welfare and food stamps than they are moving to them
historic reduction in illegal immigration
defeated ISIS
restarting NASA
strengthened the economy (the market is reflecting the reduction of punitive regulatory policy of the previous administration)
repealed the unconstitutional employer mandate
appointed the most qualified and accomplished Supreme Court justice in decades
pulled out of Paris Climate Accord
reduced the number of federal employees
actually acted on moving on Congress' decades old decision to move the Israelian embassy to Jerusalem
filled court vacancies at a historic pace
opened ANWAR
US oil production highest since 1970
stands up to foreign leaders rather than bow to them - Russia, North Korea, China all stronger stances against than our past leadership

All this can be found in "journalistic sources," whether they are celebrating or lamenting these facts.  These accomplishments are predictably, routinely, and summarily dismissed by the radical left.

It is a similar litmus test for those who will respond to the facts in this post as well.

Historically speaking, the facts show he has few peers for how much he's accomplished in year one.

I am probably as surprised as anyone at this.  He certainly was not my first choice.  He was, however, is who we needed.  There is no perfect candidate who you are going to like 100%.  Political hacks attacking those who support him pretend this isn't true.  It's just their veil to attack him and his supporters in their cult war.  It shouldn't need to be repeated, but we got the best of two bad candidates.  But what makes Trump "bad" to most folks on both sides, is that he's not the career politician so many blindly accept and desire.  Most people, particularly those on the radical left, fall in line like sheep behind candidates who have the capital letter they prefer by their name.  Trump is not the same.  He's attacked by those committed to either capital letter.

So, as the capital letters wage their uncivil war... I reject both of them.  We all should.  The career politicians are killing their country like parasites gutting their host.

Few get this.

I support the good he's accomplished.  I certainly don't blindly support him or every single thing he does.  I also do not blindly reject him and every single thing he does.  There's good and bad in everyone.  We should have seen the blanket rejection of Trump coming from miles away after seeing the reaction from the left after the 2000 election (which they still deny was won by Bush, just as they deny Trump won.)  The radical left will "resist" anything not aligned with themselves.  It's their mantra.  It's their war.  It will not end well.  But it must end.

I couldn't put it any better, especially the part in bold.  I reluctantly voted for him (more a vote AGAINST Hillary) as he wasn't my primary choice.  His signing of the the "budget" (spending bill) last week is something that I certainly disagree with.

Regarding the OP, do I regret how I cast my vote?  Not in the least bit.

The real problem in Washington is career politicians that only care about remaining in office.  People always talk about term limits, but the reality is we don't need a new law.  The people have the power to do it themselves yet fail to exorcise that power (the voting booth).  Serving in Congress was never intended to be a career, yet you have members in Congress that do as such.  Serving in Congress was intentionally supposed to be a civic duty not a lifetime career.  The problem is that the population will not vote out any member of Congress that has been there for more than 8 or 10 years.  That goes for both sides.  We allow these career politicians to remain.

As it relates to our current President and many successful Presidents in the past, the better ones were not career politicians, they were outsiders.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-27-2018, 06:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: As was the wall.... locking Hillary up....

The wall will get built.  Mexico paying for it.....................not so much.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Good stuff so far. Expected Homebiscuit to say something along those lines though.

I'm a policy guy. Most anti-Trumpers are people who hate the person Trump.
And I can't say I blame most of them. He's kinda an [BLEEP].
But it's the kind of persona America needs right now... and if it gets stuff done then that is why I'm supportive of him as POTUS. I didn't vote... because, well I don't vote (see Republican primary screw job of Ron Paul and DNC screw job of Bernie) because I don't think it truly matters in the end.

I was hopeful of Trump's tenure and while he has gotten a lot of stuff done and moving in policy form I like the 1 thing that has really got my gooty is that he signed that terrible no good awful omnibuscrash bill to "fund the government".
Why would someone claiming to be conservative pass such an awful bill that includes billions in foreign aid such as "promoting democracy in the UK" and college grants for Lebanon and so much more wasteful spending? Well because he got more money to spend on the military efforts of being a constant warfare state and world police.
Should have vetoed the bill.
Its the first time that I've been dejected and very angry with what he did as POTUS.

All Trumps personal crap... his mannerisms, his choice of sharp words, his stormy past... I don't care about any of it.
As POTUS he did a lot of good things early and quickly by signing one very liberal budget bill took a big hit to his truly fiscal conservative base.

(03-27-2018, 06:43 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 01:21 AM)BigJag57 Wrote: If you voted for Trump and was encouraged by him winning up to this point, why do you think he's truly making America great again? Like, show me, with valid journalistic sources, proof that he's doing the country good. 

I like the fact that the dude doesn't complain one bit about paying a chick $130,000 just to get laid.  I used to complain about having to buy my date dinner and drinks.

[Image: giphy.gif]

You ain't pay for the lay, the pay is to go away.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-27-2018, 06:10 PM)copycat Wrote: Didn't vote for him but was hopeful.  The recent budget debacle however means he is just the same as every other politician and draining the swamp was just a line.

I was disappointed initially about the signing of the omnibus spending bill, but it sounds like he may have actually displayed a little political shrewdness with the move.  

The Democrats thought they had killed the wall and got a lot of spending on their pet programs. That appears to be the exact opposite of what actually happened.  Because they wouldn't pass an actual budget, and went with the omnibus, they had an optical win initially, but they have the White House a lot more latitude as to how that money is spent, or not spent than they anticipated.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(03-29-2018, 08:32 AM)OFBT Wrote:

I was disappointed initially about the signing of the omnibus spending bill, but it sounds like he may have actually displayed a little political shrewdness with the move.  

The Democrats thought they had killed the wall and got a lot of spending on their pet programs. That appears to be the exact opposite of what actually happened.  Because they wouldn't pass an actual budget, and went with the omnibus, they had an optical win initially, but they have the White House a lot more latitude as to how that money is spent, or not spent than they anticipated.

The omnibus is just a patch for now. There was little time and less resolve from squeamish Republicans in Congress to support any meaningful budget reform. This will all be revisited in 6 months. Then is when we’ll see the long knives come out. If Trump’s poll numbers stay steady or increase, Republicans looking for re-election will be more supportive of the White House agenda.