Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars trade for QB Kessler

@Rapsheet Source: #Browns QB Cody Kessler is being traded to the #Jaguars. A new backup.

Interesting

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Championship???
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

...What? Don't get this.

I'd rather have Manziel

Jags got their career backup, no need to draft a backup.

His resume screams "protects the football."

If that's all he does, that's all you want from a designated backup.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Story here.......

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...6661956a94
Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

(03-28-2018, 02:48 PM)BklynJag Wrote: I'd rather have Manziel

Manziel is a media nightmare. Besides, that fans here would call for him to start week 1 like some idiots.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Doesn't really move the needle for me. He never going to lead us to anything of note, but at least the cost was dirt cheap. Shouldn't impact drafting a QB. Better not impact us drafting a QB I should say.

He's your prototypical backup type. Brandon Allen 2.0 and could possibly keep a run heavy offense ticking over for a game or two. Gave up nothing for him and I actually liked his game coming out bar the noodle arm.

Always thought Kessler got a bad rap in Cleveland.

I’m intrigued to see what he could do with actual weapons.

(03-28-2018, 02:50 PM)pirkster Wrote: Jags got their career backup, no need to draft a backup.

Scratch Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph.
'02

(03-28-2018, 02:47 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: ...What?  Don't get this.

This suggests they don't see much promise in this QB crop for a backup.  So, they "drafted" who they wanted ahead of time.

Welp
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I don't think a conditional 7th rounder next year does anything to tip their hands about what they want to do in the draft.

(03-28-2018, 02:53 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 02:50 PM)pirkster Wrote: Jags got their career backup, no need to draft a backup.

Scratch Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph.

not exactly. Especially L Jack. We got Kessler for almost nothing. we can still draft a QB round 3 and down.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(03-28-2018, 02:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Always thought Kessler got a bad rap in Cleveland.

I’m intrigued to see what he could do with actual weapons.

Completion percentage very impressive. Doesn't turn the ball over.

Only impact on the draft is there's no pressure to draft a scrub late just to be a backup and waste a pick.

Doesn't change anything about the small possibility of a QB at #29.

(03-28-2018, 02:45 PM)Dimson Wrote: Championship???

6'1, 220lbs, 10 7/8 big hands, 67% college completion rate, 24 years old.  A more natural thrower.  The Jags now have their future QB.  Yes,  Chammmmmpppiiooonnshiiiippppp

Going on a little Twitter rampage about Kessler being better than Blake?

You would...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]