Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Self-Driving Uber Car Kills

Big Grin 

So how does the police officer give the sobriety test and check the oil, With 8 Panel Urine Drug Test Cup 
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Watching the exterior video of the car - that lady was straight up stupid walking her bike across a street (not a crosswalk) at night.

Maybe so however does the Uber car get a free pass on operator error
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”

(03-28-2018, 03:07 PM)13Coronas Wrote: Maybe so however does the Uber car get a free pass on operator error

Arizona should be paying that family big bucks for allowing their state to be a testing ground for potential killing machines.

The operator wasn't looking at the road - but he looks like a fat idiot loser - what did Uber think someone like that would be able to do?

I dunno... from that video it looks like that lady was begging to get hit.

There was a pilot watching the auto pilot was he using the I phone and not being the look out
A comparison to this is a captain maneuvering the ship on auto pilot and the look out or radar not doing their part
Lol

(03-28-2018, 03:26 PM)13Coronas Wrote: There was a pilot watching the auto pilot was he using the I phone and not being the look out
A comparison to this is a captain maneuvering  the ship on auto pilot and the look out or radar not doing their part
Lol

I don't even think someone at peak physical health and at full alert with hands on the wheel and foot on the pedal could have avoided hitting her, and if they had, they would have more than likely over corrected badly, resulting in a crash.

Better to topple the street sign and have the radatior gushing
Than than stearoll the pedestrian

How the hell is this political?

State of Arizona allows Uber to test the unmanned vehicle in the state
What laws are in place to protect the pedestrian
What federal laws allow Uber to operate the unmanned vehicle Iam sure this is at the federal level
So now is this the correct forum

I just want to know who is legally responsible in this case? Uber? The car manufacturer? The "driver"? Arizona?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

let’s say there was coustomer iin the car that we’re injured
And the credit card holder that payed for the Uber ride was sitting at home
Who was riding in the Uber
Lol

(03-28-2018, 04:41 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I just want to know who is legally responsible in this case? Uber? The car manufacturer? The "driver"? Arizona?

The lady for walking across a street in the middle of the night very very slowly.

So if your driving down the road in your car and hit the lady and kill her are you in the clear

(03-28-2018, 05:01 PM)13Coronas Wrote: So if your driving down the road in your car and hit the lady and kill her are you in the clear

In Florida you would be.

There is no law protecting pedestrians crossing the road.

(03-28-2018, 03:58 PM)13Coronas Wrote: Better to topple the street sign and have the radatior gushing
Than than stearoll the pedestrian

I'd rather hit the lady than a tree.

(03-28-2018, 04:41 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I just want to know who is legally responsible in this case? Uber? The car manufacturer? The "driver"? Arizona?

The lady for illegally crossing the road. 

While the car is considered driverless, the person behind the wheel is still considered a driver under State law, BTW.

(03-28-2018, 05:01 PM)13Coronas Wrote: So if your driving down the road in your car and hit the lady and kill her are you in the clear

If she crosses the road, outside of a cross walk and at night, then yes you're in the clear.

My question is, why "self driving" cars?  Have we as a society gotten that lazy?

One other issue to highlight from this whole thing.  The "driver" of the car was distracted by using his "smart" phone.  That's an issue for drivers of normal vehicles.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

If Uber is going to use these self driving cars in Florida, they need to program them to run away after an accident. I'm pretty sure that's the law here.

(03-28-2018, 07:29 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: My question is, why "self driving" cars?  Have we as a society gotten that lazy?

Self driving cars = no need to pay a driver. 

Self driving semis will be coming soon.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(03-28-2018, 09:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If Uber is going to use these self driving cars in Florida, they need to program them to run away after an accident. I'm pretty sure that's the law here.

I blame that on a case that happened here in Tampa over a decade ago. A young woman named Jennifer Porter mowed down three kids one night and took off. She didn't turn herself in until after that weekend. She said she was scared (happened in a questionable neighborhood). She served no jail time. There wasn't any way to prove if she may have been under the influence. Since then, hit and runs have increased. There's really no reason for anyone who's been drinking to stop if they hit someone.

Why the smiley face next to the header? Kinda creepy....
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???