Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
National TV games

Well I’m really bored and have been waiting for the schedule to come out in a few weeks and excited we have a few away games I can potentially attend(live in CA)

What primetime games do you think we will get? My guess is one Sunday night game vs Pats or Steelers. A Monday night game against one of our division teams probably Texans assuming Watson is healthy. A Sunday afternoon basically national game(430 Eastern kickoff)  vs the cowboys in Dallas. Maybe also a Thursday game against the Bills or chiefs.

Does anyone see us get more than one Sunday night game?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They won’t get a Sunday night game. Maybe a Monday nighter and a Thursday game.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2018, 06:17 AM by leopold332002.)

(04-01-2018, 05:58 AM)FBT Wrote: They won’t get a Sunday night game.  Maybe a Monday nighter and a Thursday game.

Man you are out of your mind you don't think we are not getting a prime time Sunday night game. In fact, I think we are getting 2 Primetime Sunday night games New England and Pittsburgh. Our Monday night game is going to be against somebody like Buffalo and I will Thursday night game going to be against Houston. I also think we play against Dallas on Thanksgiving day since we never did it before and the league wants new teams on there during that day.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-01-2018, 06:17 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 05:58 AM)FBT Wrote: They won’t get a Sunday night game.  Maybe a Monday nighter and a Thursday game.

Man you are out of your mind you don't think we are not getting a prime time Sunday night game. In fact, I think we are getting 2 Primetime Sunday night games New England and Pittsburgh. Our Monday night game is going to be against somebody like Buffalo and I will Thursday night game going to be against Houston. I also think we play against Dallas on Thanksgiving day since we never did it before and the league wants new teams on there during that day.

Remember we had zero prime time games last year.

Going from 0 to 4 is a big jump despite our improvement you need to be consistent to get primetime

I think we get 2 new england (monday) and Pittsburgh (thursday)

(04-01-2018, 06:45 AM)ukjag34 Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 06:17 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Man you are out of your mind you don't think we are not getting a prime time Sunday night game. In fact, I think we are getting 2 Primetime Sunday night games New England and Pittsburgh. Our Monday night game is going to be against somebody like Buffalo and I will Thursday night game going to be against Houston. I also think we play against Dallas on Thanksgiving day since we never did it before and the league wants new teams on there during that day.

Remember we had zero prime time games last year.

Going from 0 to 4 is a big jump despite our improvement you need to be consistent to get primetime

Is not a big jump actually if the TV networks who broadcast the games are requesting you and the Los Angeles Rams for prime time slots. I would post a link but I don't want to get in trouble for posting articles on this site.

Based on the Jags improved play? 

Nonsense, the nationally televised games are mostly based on maximizing the TV ratings. The Jags are still not a big draw.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Setting yourself up for some disappointment. I'm not sure we will get too many. The Jags need to follow up last season with strong play to start getting prime time.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

If the moderators can tell me I can post the article which I'm referring to I'll be gladly to do it to prove my point.

Yeah i dont remember where but i saw it too something about networks wanting jags and rams this year.
No Fun

(04-01-2018, 07:26 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 06:45 AM)ukjag34 Wrote: Remember we had zero prime time games last year.

Is not a big jump actually if the TV networks who broadcast the games are requesting you and the Los Angeles Rams for prime time slots. I would post a link but I don't want to get in trouble for posting articles on this site.

If the article content doesn't break any rules in our CoC you can post links to any article you like.

Pretty sure there was an interview with Kahn I believe and he stated that there was a little talk about one possible primetime game but really most tv execs were chatting over the popular teams. My thought is we will see perhaps one, no more. We are just not a ratings draw regardless of how last year went. I prefer no primetime games anyways. They don’t typically go well.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2018, 10:21 AM by leopold332002.)

(04-01-2018, 09:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 07:26 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Is not a big jump actually if the TV networks who broadcast the games are requesting you and the Los Angeles Rams for prime time slots. I would post a link but I don't want to get in trouble for posting articles on this site.

If the article content doesn't break any rules in our CoC you can post links to any article you like.

Okay thank you for telling me

https://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news...ml?s=print

Here is the article I'm referring to about the Jacksonville Jaguars in Primetime games this upcoming season. Everyone who is not familiar with this please check it out and it should be very credible article with facts in it.

(04-01-2018, 10:19 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 09:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: If the article content doesn't break any rules in our CoC you can post links to any article you like.

Okay thank you for telling me

Here is the article I'm referring to about the Jacksonville Jaguars in Primetime games this upcoming season. Everyone who is not familiar with this please check it out and it should be very credible article with facts in it.

Perhaps you should re-read the article.

It only mentions the Jags twice.

Once was about the Jags being newly mentioned in the discussion. But mentioned is not the same as selected.

The other was lamenting how CBS was screwed because the two Dallas games which are usually big ratings for CBS were vs. the Jags and tacks. That's the opposite of an endorsement for more Jags games on National TV.

As usual, the 9-7 Cowboys, 7-9 Redskins, 7-9 Packers, and 3-13 Giants will get their fill of National night games. Winning is only important for the remaining bottom slots. The Jags will get one or two as some of the less popular teams like the Raiders and Ravens get passed over.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I also have a strong feeling we get the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. I believe we're the only team in the NFL to not have played on Thanksgiving and we're finally good again and play the Cowboys.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2018, 03:15 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

I think we play at least 2 prime time games, and probably 3. Aside from big markets getting the lions’ share of those games, they also like to attempt to get teams they think are going to be playoff teams meet in prime time. I think any rational fan would have to expect the jags to be 8-8 or better next year so it shouldn’t be considered to be much of a risk to schedule them in prime time. Didn’t we get 3 the last year of the gene smith era because the league was anticipating we’d be good that year?

EDIT: It was the 2nd to last year of the Gene Smith Era in 2011. We had two Monday nighters and a Thursday nighter and were 8-8 the year before.

I’m not out of my mind. I hope I’m wrong. But, this is still a small market team with a small national footprint.  That’s taken into consideration in televising games.  Ratings mean dollars to the networks, and revenue drives what they show.  That’s just a fact.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2018, 03:20 PM by atburg.)

(04-01-2018, 11:43 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 10:19 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Okay thank you for telling me

Perhaps you should re-read the article.

Once was about the Jags being newly mentioned in the discussion. But mentioned is not the same as selected.

The other was lamenting how CBS was screwed because the two Dallas games which are usually big ratings for CBS were vs. the Jags and tacks. That's the opposite of an endorsement for more Jags games on National TV.

As usual, the 9-7 Cowboys, 7-9 Redskins, 7-9 Packers, and 3-13 Giants will get their fill of National night games. Winning is only important for the remaining bottom slots. The Jags will get one or two as some of the less popular teams like the Raiders and Ravens get passed over.

Didn't the 3-13 Giants have 3 straight Primetime games this year right off the bat? Dallas will get at least 4, so they can talk about zeke 14,000 times ,Same with Green Bay coming off the Rodgers injury.

(04-01-2018, 12:46 PM)JNev Wrote: I also have a strong feeling we get the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. I believe we're the only team in the NFL to not have played on Thanksgiving and we're finally good again and play the Cowboys.

Damn , I hope so!

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2018, 03:30 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

So much of the National Population around the WORLD have jumped on the Jags bandwagon following last years performance, I'd estimate that we have at least 10 billion loyal fans (including Europe & Asia) --- we're still not very popular in Antactica & India for some reason.

With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if every single game is scheduled for their most popular Sunday Night time-slot.  

... and don't forget, we have additional viewership incentives as well ...

[Image: 454352946.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1]

(04-02-2018, 03:19 PM)atburg Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 11:43 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Perhaps you should re-read the article.

Didn't the 3-13 Giants have 3 straight Primetime games this year right off the bat? Dallas will get at least 4, so they can talk about zeke 14,000 times ,Same with Green Bay coming off the Rodgers injury.

(04-01-2018, 12:46 PM)JNev Wrote: I also have a strong feeling we get the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. I believe we're the only team in the NFL to not have played on Thanksgiving and we're finally good again and play the Cowboys.

Damn , I hope so!

Those teams have a lot more history and a much broader audience which means more money. And if they're slotted to play a serious division rival? Forget about it. The Jaguars don't have this yet but they're working towards it.

It will take a long time for the Jaguars to become nationally relevant. The Boston/New England Patriots were totally irrelevant until they hired Bill Parcells in the nineties and then drafted Drew Bledsoe. That raised their profile a little, along with the '96 Super Bowl, then along came TB12 in 2001.

They are also in a bigger market So there's that, too.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile