Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marquette King

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...uette-king

I'm almost surprised we haven't signed him already.
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-02-2018, 08:46 AM)Jags02 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...uette-king

I'm almost surprised we haven't signed him already.

Why are you surprised? Tom will not want to spend that kind of money on a punter when we can get a rookie that can possibly just as good.  The best punter class in draft history.  We could save that 2.5 or 3 mil and use towards resigning our guys

If it weren't for money, Raiders would have kept him too.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-02-2018, 10:06 AM)pirkster Wrote: If it weren't for money, Raiders would have kept him too.

They got like 17M in cap space and FA period is basically over. I don't know if it's all about money like you say. Maybe Gruden just doesn't want such a diva punter. Maybe nobody does, because he is still a FA. I know I don't want a diva punter lol.

Rumor is Gruden cut him due to personalities clashing.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-02-2018, 10:06 AM)pirkster Wrote: If it weren't for money, Raiders would have kept him too.

Not really....

Quote:The Oakland Raiders cut Marquette King, which saved $2.9 million against the cap.

Jon Gruden reportedly made the call to cut King as he had issues with the personality of the punter.

Jack Del Rio said in 2016 that he had grown tired of King after he picked up 15-yard personal foul penalties in back-to-back games.

They’ve never even met but I think gruden is just sending a message about his idea of what he wants in his team. The guys not a diva, geez, he just celebrates a good punt. Is everyone celebrating TD’s a diva now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(04-02-2018, 06:24 PM)UTheeKB Wrote: They’ve never even met but I think gruden is just sending a message about his idea of what he wants in his team. The guys not a diva, geez, he just celebrates a good punt. Is everyone celebrating TD’s a diva now?

Nobody comes to the stadium to see the damn diva punter get personal foul penalties and dance like a buffoon.

(04-02-2018, 08:35 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 06:24 PM)UTheeKB Wrote: They’ve never even met but I think gruden is just sending a message about his idea of what he wants in his team. The guys not a diva, geez, he just celebrates a good punt. Is everyone celebrating TD’s a diva now?

Nobody comes to the stadium to see the damn punter

FTFY

(04-02-2018, 08:44 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 08:35 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Nobody comes to the stadium to see the damn punter

FTFY

Lmao exactly so who cares?? The only people talking about this guy are the people talking [bleep]

Wow, I hadn't followed him closely enough to know he was such a problem child. I didn't know about the personal fouls.

A coach with discipline would have made sure his first PF was his last.

Punters should be seen and not heard...
Or something like that.

I've never seen a punter act the way King does... hey man nice punt and all... but quit jumping around and dancing like you hit the game winning FG..... you're punting, it's probably not a good thing.

(04-05-2018, 10:13 AM)Kane Wrote: Punters should be seen and not heard...
Or something like that.

I've never seen a punter act the way King does... hey man nice punt and all... but quit jumping around and dancing like you hit the game winning FG..... you're punting, it's probably not a good thing.

Lol Yep. Thats like when someone starts talking crap after a big and their team is down three scores.... Dude you are getting your [BLEEP] kicked.

Unless the are cheering for receiving team, No fan in the stadium is stoked that the punter is on the field instead of the QB lol.

I thought he was just a showboat on the field. I didn't realize it extended off the field, too. Wow.

https://www.raidersbeat.com/marquette-ki...ial-media/

Signs with the Broncos.

He's gonna break records there.

(04-05-2018, 02:43 PM)JackCity Wrote: Signs with the Broncos.

Biggest leg in the league + Denver air = 50-yard gross average in 2018?

(04-05-2018, 06:04 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 02:43 PM)JackCity Wrote: Signs with the Broncos.

Biggest leg in the league + Denver air = 50-yard gross average in 2018?

Could well believe it.

(04-05-2018, 10:13 AM)Kane Wrote: Punters should be seen and not heard...
Or something like that.

McAfee had a similar swagger to him
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Anyone know what his contract is? He was not worth what Oakland was paying.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2018, 04:04 AM by MikePete54.)

(04-07-2018, 01:03 AM)Achilles Wrote: Anyone know what his contract is? He was not worth what Oakland was paying.

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos...-117098112

Quote:According to 9News' Mike Klis the All-Pro punter signed essentially a two-year, $4 million deal with a third-year option worth an additional $2 million. He'll count $2 million against the salary cap in 2018 ($1.5 million base salary and a fully-guaranteed $500,000 signing bonus). In 2019, he'll make a non-guaranteed $2 million.

If Denver opts to exercise his option, they'll have to pick up the $2 million by March of next offseason. His 2020 salary would jump to $3 million -- unlocking a maximum three-year, $7 million -- if he qualifies for another first-team All-Pro selection.