Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rams Acquire Brandin Cooks in Trade

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2018, 06:13 PM by chris hill.)

Rams are now officially out of OBJ trade..

[/url][font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]an Rapoport

@RapSheet
·
15m

[/font]

The #Rams are out on Odell Beckham...
[font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]Mike Garafolo

@MikeGarafolo
Rams acquire Brandin Cooks and a 4th-rounder from the Pats in exchange for a first-rounder and sixth-rounder, as @AdamSchefter tweeted.
[/font]

(04-03-2018, 06:11 PM)chris hill Wrote: Rams are now officially out of OBJ trade..

[font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]@RapSheet

·
15m

[/font]

The [url=https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/Rams?src=hashtag_click]#Rams are out on Odell Beckham...

@MikeGarafolo
Rams acquire Brandin Cooks and a 4th-rounder from the Pats in exchange for a first-rounder and sixth-rounder, as @AdamSchefter tweeted.
[/font]

The #Rams are out on Odell Beckham...

@MikeGarafolo
[/font]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ndin-cooks

Quote:The Los Angeles Rams have acquired receiver Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick in a trade with the New England Patriots, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. The Rams are sending their first-round pick in the upcoming draft (No. 23 selection) and a sixth-round pick to the Patriots, Garafolo added.

Rams pushing all the chips in on 2018

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2018, 06:17 PM by chris hill.)

[font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]@MikeGarafolo

[/font]

(04-03-2018, 06:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ndin-cooks

Quote:The Los Angeles Rams have acquired receiver Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick in a trade with the New England Patriots, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. The Rams are sending their first-round pick in the upcoming draft (No. 23 selection) and a sixth-round pick to the Patriots, Garafolo added.

Thank u..

This makes the OBJ trade with Jags even more likely..

(04-03-2018, 06:14 PM)chris hill Wrote:

[/font]

(04-03-2018, 06:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ndin-cooks

Tom coughlin is not giving up big time draft picks for a trouble making wide receiver. 

Side note though.... I wonder what the Patriots are up to. With Brady's age you wouldn't think they would be trading veteran talent for jars on the shelf.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

[/font]

Nah. 

Not gonna' happen.

Patriots are interested in Rosen but of course they should be hes the best qb in draft.
No Fun

I wouldn't worry about that.

(04-03-2018, 06:21 PM), Achilles Wrote:

[/font]

Tom coughlin is not giving up big time draft picks for a trouble making wide receiver. 

Side note though.... I wonder what the Patriots are up to. With Brady's age you wouldn't think they would be trading veteran talent for jars on the shelf.

I have to think they want to be in a better position to get a stud tackle since they just lost Solder.

Cincinnati, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Cleveland all arguably have needs at T, and they now either have picks just above New England (Cin and Buf with the newly acquired pick) or just below the Patriots (Phila at the bottom of the first and Cleveland at the top of the 2nd.)

With their picks now at 23 and 31, they are in a position to be able to move up and still have picks to re-stock the team.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

[/font]

Yeah, instead of 1:31 odds it’s now 1:30 odds.  Either way, it’s not happening

[quote pid='1117127' dateline='1522793695']

[/quote]

Yup, reunited with Coughlin and OBJ will get lots of chances to make spectacular espn, nfl network highlights one handed grabs with Bortles.

(04-03-2018, 06:59 PM)Jags Wrote:

[/font]

Yeah, instead of 1:31 odds it’s now 1:30 odds.  Either way, it’s not happening

One of the NFLN analysts (I forget who) had an interesting theory...namely that the Patriots are interested in OBJ.

He said the Giants are asking for two first round picks.  Now the Patriots have two first round picks.

He also observed that the Patriots have a history of acquiring veteran receivers who have been outspoken (Randy Moss, Chad Johnson-and while he did not mention him, Carl Pickens).

I don't think a trade of OBJ will happen (it's always easier to pull off on a message board than in real life) but the theory has some plausibility to me.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-03-2018, 06:21 PM)Achilles Wrote:

[/font]

My guess is he still has nightmares about R.J. Soward. No way he gives up valuable draft choices for a troublemaker who will significantly hurt the team's cap.

(04-03-2018, 07:13 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [quote pid='1117127' dateline='1522793695']

Yup, reunited with Coughlin and OBJ will get lots of chances to make spectacular espn, nfl network highlights one handed grabs with Bortles.
[/quote]

Better fire up Madden then...
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Do the Pats take Connor Williams now if he is on the board?

My first thought after the trade was that the Pats might trade for OBJ now. I guess we'll see. Seems like a foolish move for any franchise to give up 2 firsts and pay that salary to a wideout. I'm sure if anyone can make it work, it's the Pats though.

Schefter indicated in his tweet that the Pats now have the ammo to move up for a QB if they want. Far be it from me to disagree with a guy in the loop like Schefter, but the Pats MO has always been to wait on QBs and they've been pretty successful over the years with that strategy. Hitting on Brady in the 6th certainly enables them though.

Last thought... I know the Rams are pushing all their chips in, but somehow I feel like this all backfires on them.

[/font]

Huh
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The Pats parlayed their #1 pick in 2017 (#32) into a higher #1 pick in 2018 (#23) and one year of a top receiver with a cheap salary.

That's smart management.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-03-2018, 10:40 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: My first thought after the trade was that the Pats might trade for OBJ now.  I guess we'll see.  Seems like a foolish move for any franchise to give up 2 firsts and pay that salary to a wideout.  I'm sure if anyone can make it work, it's the Pats though.

Schefter indicated in his tweet that the Pats now have the ammo to move up for a QB if they want.  Far be it from me to disagree with a guy in the loop like Schefter, but the Pats MO has always been to wait on QBs and they've been pretty successful over the years with that strategy.  Hitting on Brady in the 6th certainly enables them though.

Last thought...  I know the Rams are pushing all their chips in, but somehow I feel like this all backfires on them.

I agree with you on the Rams. They're really trying to force something with all the players they're bringing in and it's a lot of change quickly coming to a team with a young head coach and a lot of bad personalities. 

They're mortgaging their future in the hopes of winning this year or next, but I'm not sure they have a strong enough culture in place to make it work, Suh is out of place in their 3-4 scheme, and honestly the jury is still out on goff. 

If things don't go their way for a couple games, I could see that locker room blowing up, and the Rams won't have the tools needed to fix it in a couple seasons. 

If things do workout, then yeah, they're loaded up, a lot like us and a lot like the eagles.

Is Cooks a closet problem guy or something? He has now played with 2 Future HOF QBs.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Jags Vs. Rams superbowl for 2018-19 season.