Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Walking Dead, Season 7 (spoilers)

Quote:I think you're in the minority if you saw it coming. But that's cool if you did. Not many predicted it.

The "not enough guns" was pretty easily explained. Bad haircut straight up said it wasn't enough guns for all the people they had. Didn't really raise any flags for me at that point.

Maybe not that the garbage people would double cross them, but it was certainly a popular opinion that Rick was dumb to not only trust the, but to also arm them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Why does Jadis talk like she's a character in Mad Max?

I'm assuming Mad Max was a big influence on them based on their look, but it's still strange in the WD universe
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Why does Jadis talk like she's a character in Mad Max?

lol... so true

It's not like they've had years and years post apocalypse to regress or devolve.

Or have they?  This is a point that's been brought up before... where it seems the timelines aren't consistently fitting the way they should in the show.  For some things time is passing too quickly, and others it seems to have passed well beyond what should have been possible.

Part of the poor timeline structure, IMO, is the fact Judith didn't die during the second prison assault.  Being the youngest, she sets the timeline now - for better or worse.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

It's so they can say "we take we don't bother" and nobody will know they're talking about your group.

"That widow's still alive, guns a blazin!"

Best line from the episode haha.

Quote:Maybe not that the garbage people would double cross them, but it was certainly a popular opinion that Rick was dumb to not only trust the, but to also arm them.
Rick had no choice. His numbers were terrible. He needed numbers, a lot to fight Negan.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

I call Jardis the Vulcan. She just looks like one with that hair. A largely underwhelming season. The best parts of the finale were Sasha coming out of that coffin, Shiva getting some Bad Guy when Negan was about to bash Carl's head in, and no bite-your-nails cliffhanger. I liked it for the most part, but those were the best parts. Oh, and Michael Cudlitz is always a welcome sight.

Quote:"That widow's still alive, guns a blazin!"

Best line from the episode haha.

Hahahaha. Absolutely. Negan was gold at that part of the episode.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I call Jardis the Vulcan. She just looks like one with that hair. A largely underwhelming season. The best parts of the finale were Sasha coming out of that coffin, Shiva getting some Bad Guy when Negan was about to bash Carl's head in, and no bite-your-nails cliffhanger. I liked it for the most part, but those were the best parts. Oh, and Michael Cudlitz is always a welcome sight.

While I appreciate the book for what it is, the television show would've benefited from not following the "we need to kill off main and strong supporting characters every chance we get" philosophy. Dale, Hershel, The Governor, Martinez, Merle, Shane, Lori, Glenn, Abe, Jessie and her kids, and especially Tyreese and Sasha could've had really strong stories had they used them correctly. I just feel like this show had so much potential for good storytelling but they've just never made the most of ANYTHING they've tried to do. 

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:While I appreciate the book for what it is, the television show would've benefited from not following the "we need to kill off main and strong supporting characters every chance we get" philosophy. Dale, Hershel, The Governor, Martinez, Merle, Shane, Lori, Glenn, Abe, Jessie and her kids, and especially Tyreese and Sasha could've had really strong stories had they used them correctly. I just feel like this show had so much potential for good storytelling but they've just never made the most of ANYTHING they've tried to do. 

What's frustrating is that they can do it really well at times (IMO)... Carol, Morgan, Daryl... though to me Daryl is getting a bit long in the tooth.  He'll probably be next to go.

Quote:Rick had no choice. His numbers were terrible. He needed numbers, a lot to fight Negan.

If you assume The Kingdom and Hilltop were always on his side then not only did his numbers not improve but they worsened by arming the garbage people and having them align with Negan.

Not only that, but to arm them, he disarmed a group that actually did have members that supported them.

Quote:If you assume The Kingdom and Hilltop were always on his side then not only did his numbers not improve but they worsened by arming the garbage people and having them align with Negan.

Not only that, but to arm them, he disarmed a group that actually did have members that supported them.

At the time though, The Kingdom was adamantly not on his side. Ezekiel wanted desperately to not fight. He needed ANYONE to help fight. And that old lady at Oceanside wasn't having it.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

In reality the garbage pal people didnt need to exist at all since they'll likely just end up getting killed in the end.  They could've spent time on the many groups they already have 

Quote:While I appreciate the book for what it is, the television show would've benefited from not following the "we need to kill off main and strong supporting characters every chance we get" philosophy. Dale, Hershel, The Governor, Martinez, Merle, Shane, Lori, Glenn, Abe, Jessie and her kids, and especially Tyreese and Sasha could've had really strong stories had they used them correctly. I just feel like this show had so much potential for good storytelling but they've just never made the most of ANYTHING they've tried to do.

My husband and I were lamenting the killing of Glenn and Abraham in one episode, never mind one season. They were wildly popular characters for different reasons and could have definitely had longer runs with quality storylines, but the shock value was too good to pass up I suppose. Sometimes I think AMC and the writers cut off their noses to spite their faces.

Quote:If you assume The Kingdom and Hilltop were always on his side then not only did his numbers not improve but they worsened by arming the garbage people and having them align with Negan.

Quote:At the time though, The Kingdom was adamantly not on his side. Ezekiel wanted desperately to not fight. He needed ANYONE to help fight. And that old lady at Oceanside wasn't having it.
It was also an easy call to potentially sacrifice the low numbers of people at Oceanside with the enormous amount of people the garbage pail people offered. And Rick went into it wanting them to join them anyway, heck even after all was said and done they had people who wanted to help and support. 

;

A couple dozen garbage people isn't "enormous."

When you're multiple small forces vs. one large one, you need all the help you can get.

Quote:A couple dozen garbage people isn't "enormous."

When you're multiple small forces vs. one large one, you need all the help you can get.
I was assuming based off of one of the shots of the entire compound of the garbage pail people that there are a whole lot of them. We never got specific numbers, just basing my hunch off of where they stayed. If it was just a couple dozen, then they definitely had enough weapons for them after getting the guns at Oceanside.

;

Quote:At the time though, The Kingdom was adamantly not on his side. Ezekiel wanted desperately to not fight. He needed ANYONE to help fight. And that old lady at Oceanside wasn't having it.

That's right, but in the end Rick added a group and Negan added a group and they're going to war like that so it's really no different than if they'd just fought Negan straight across in my mind.

Neither group gained an obvious numbers advantage.

I just think it was an obviously terrible idea to deal with and arm the trash people. Desperation or not.

Ready to discuss?
Huh

I’m in the hopes you’re talking about Two Wild Dames. If not, there’s already a couple of threads dedicated to the zombie show. Can we please not have another?