Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What position should the Jags target
Tight End
Guard
QB
CB
Linebacker
BAP
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
What position should the Jags target

What position should the Jags target? I think Guard or TE should be priorities.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I chose Guard Hernandez
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

Cam-Norwell-Linder-Hernandez-Parnell

My goodness. The new Dallas Cowboys O Line

Ya, guard.... shore up the O-line.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2018, 08:15 AM by Dimson.)

I would normally go with TE, but with as deep as this class is, I would go with Guard.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Round one - TE (Goedert, Gesicki or Hurst)
Round two - OL (Jarmarco Jones, Tyrell Crosby or Martinas Rankin)
Round three - QB (Falk or Lauletta) or WR (Cain, Sutton Gallup or Pettis)
Rount four - SLB or nickel
Round six - QB (White or Litton) or WR (Fountain, Steve Ishmael, etc)
Round seven - SLB or nickel
Round seven - FS
'02

(04-11-2018, 10:12 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Round one - TE (Goedert, Gesicki or Hurst)
Round three - QB (Falk or Lauletta) or WR (Cain, Sutton or Pettis)
Round seven - FS

You think Sutton will be there in the 3rd?!

(04-11-2018, 12:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 10:12 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Round one - TE (Goedert, Gesicki or Hurst)
Round three - QB (Falk or Lauletta) or WR (Cain, Sutton or Pettis)
Round seven - FS

You think Sutton will be there in the 3rd?!

LOL...no... I meant Gallup.

'02

O-line or QB for me.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2018, 01:04 PM by Upper.)

The closer we get the less enamored I am with oline at 29 (even though I do think that will be the pick).

I think the oline will be quite good as is, and already very expensive, with Cann or fill in the blank at RG. I don't think upgrading 1/5 of an already very good oline will have as big of an impact as a potential best player in the position group at WR/TE/QB could help those average units.

(04-11-2018, 01:04 PM)Upper Wrote: The closer we get the less enamored I am with oline at 29 (even though I do think that will be the pick).

I think the oline will be quite good as is, and already very expensive, with Cann or fill in the blank at RG. I don't think upgrading 1/5 of an already very good oline will have as big of an impact as a potential best player in the position group at WR/TE/QB could help those average units.

The issue here is the talent pool of the draft.  At #29, O-line talent>WR/TE talent.  If talent wasn't an issue and we could have a stud WR1 or stud TE, then yeah absolutely I would rather have that than a RG, but that's not the case.

(04-11-2018, 01:34 PM)Markulous Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 01:04 PM)Upper Wrote: The closer we get the less enamored I am with oline at 29 (even though I do think that will be the pick).

The issue here is the talent pool of the draft.  At #29, O-line talent>WR/TE talent.  If talent wasn't an issue and we could have a stud WR1 or stud TE, then yeah absolutely I would rather have that than a RG, but that's not the case.

You're banking on Wynn, C. Williams or Hernandez being there at #29 to say the talent is superior to the top TEs. Meanwhile, it's starting to look more and more like Courtland Sutton might actually be there, and I'd take him flat out over any other prospect who might be there including the OLs and TEs. That said, I can see a few ideal OLs sitting there at the end of round two, so if Sutton is not there at #29, I'm taking a TE. I'd order them Goedert, Gesicki, Hurst, but I'd be happy with any of them.

'02

I wouldn't mind two o lineman in the first two rounds.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

BAP.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(04-11-2018, 01:40 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 01:34 PM)Markulous Wrote: The issue here is the talent pool of the draft.  At #29, O-line talent>WR/TE talent.  If talent wasn't an issue and we could have a stud WR1 or stud TE, then yeah absolutely I would rather have that than a RG, but that's not the case.

You're banking on Wynn, C. Williams or Hernandez being there at #29 to say the talent is superior to the top TEs. Meanwhile, it's starting to look more and more like Courtland Sutton might actually be there, and I'd take him flat out over any other prospect who might be there including the OLs and TEs. That said, I can see a few ideal OLs sitting there at the end of round two, so if Sutton is not there at #29, I'm taking a TE. I'd order them Goedert, Gesicki, Hurst, but I'd be happy with any of them.

Eh, I don't know about that.  Sutton has seemed really slow on tape, I wouldn't want to take him in the first round.  I don't think bringing him in in 3WR sets, having Cole/Westbrook on the bench a lot, makes our team better than a beast like Hernandez.  We would have one of (if not the best) interior O-line in the NFL.  Fournette is going to go to town with that.

(04-11-2018, 02:20 PM)Markulous Wrote:

Eh, I don't know about that.  Sutton has seemed really slow on tape, I wouldn't want to take him in the first round.  I don't think bringing him in in 3WR sets, having Cole/Westbrook on the bench a lot, makes our team better than a beast like Hernandez.  We would have one of (if not the best) interior O-line in the NFL.  Fournette is going to go to town with that.

Yep. Stepping up RG with a top tier draft pick makes the run game sure-fire-deadly IMO and it damn sure won't hurt the pass attack either. 

I think it's the best "immediate impact" selection to make at #29 hands down.

We live and die by the Oline.

The Jags O-line has been issue for a long, long time now. The Jags have an opportunity to finally do something about it. One more top tier Guard will do that, hell maybe even a Tackle.

(04-11-2018, 02:44 PM)JackCity Wrote: We live and die by the Oline.

Yeah that's what I"d like to avoid.

(04-11-2018, 02:20 PM)Markulous Wrote:

Any big WR might look slow against fast DBs, but for a guy he's size he ran a great time. He's not slow at all, and he knows how to use his size to his advantage. I see him plugging right into that split-end spot after initially backing up Moncrief to learn the ropes.
'02