Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Titans won't rush new offense upon Marcus Mariota

Titans won't rush new offense upon Marcus Mariota

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...us-mariota

Tennessee Titans opened offseason workouts this week. Titans head coach Mike Vrabel said he will not rush the process of installing a new offense for fourth-year quarterback Marcus Mariota.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why? I thought he was smart.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-12-2018, 11:05 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Why? I thought he was smart.

This was basically my thought.  He's a seasoned quarterback at this point and shouldn't have much of an issue picking up a new offense.  Typically the biggest difference from coach to coach is terminology.

Quite honestly, I'm not sure anyone even knew what the old offense was.

(04-16-2018, 08:34 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 11:05 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Why? I thought he was smart.

This was basically my thought.  He's a seasoned quarterback at this point and shouldn't have much of an issue picking up a new offense.  Typically the biggest difference from coach to coach is terminology.

Just prepare for last years offense then wonder why mariota is scoring 40 points on your defense.
Is what i take from this

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-17-2018, 07:43 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 08:34 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: This was basically my thought.  He's a seasoned quarterback at this point and shouldn't have much of an issue picking up a new offense.  Typically the biggest difference from coach to coach is terminology.

Just prepare for last years offense then wonder why mariota is scoring 40 points on your defense.
Is what i take from this
Oh - that's a really bad take.  Let me help you understand this a bit better. 

They are saying you have an injury-prone turnover machine for a QB that his new coaches apparently don't trust to learn a new system in time to run it against the Jags secondary. So they are going to water things down for him this year so he's not overwhelmed.  The basic goal is to try to find a way in which he throws fewer interceptions than touchdowns instead of the other way around.

(04-17-2018, 11:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 07:43 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Just prepare for last years offense then wonder why mariota is scoring 40 points on your defense.
Is what i take from this
Oh - that's a really bad take.  Let me help you understand this a bit better. 

They are saying you have an injury-prone turnover machine for a QB that his new coaches apparently don't trust to learn a new system in time to run it against the Jags secondary. So they are going to water things down for him this year so he's not overwhelmed.  The basic goal is to try to find a way in which he throws fewer interceptions than touchdowns instead of the other way around.

Yeah i think you're way off here. Yes, he had a rough year, but still there were lots of things he done well. Some of the [BLEEP] interceptions were troubling, but he wasnt a turnover machine. One season doesnt make a qb, just like blake bortles. Lets see what the new year brings.