Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft rumors

Silly season is in full swing with just a couple weeks left from the draft. Take what you hear with a grain of salt. With that said, it doesn't mean we can't have fun with speculation. Keep all draft rumors, musings, rumblings here. I'll start it off:

https://twitter.com/1010XLTyler/status/9...91361?s=19
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Allbright lmao

Rudolph likely represents the last remaining of the top prospects, with a possibly big drop off coming after the top 6.

Pure speculation on his part. He's just expecting a run on QBs, which would make Rudolph more attractive to the next team that might be looking for one at the end of 1/top of 2.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Here's a thought... how would the fanbase react if a team traded into our pick 28.b and took Rudolph/Jackson?
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-11-2018, 04:12 PM)knarnn Wrote: Silly season is in full swing with just a couple weeks left from the draft. Take what you hear with a grain of salt. With that said, it doesn't mean we can't have fun with speculation. Keep all draft rumors, musings, rumblings here. I'll start it off:

https://twitter.com/1010XLTyler/status/9...91361?s=19

Peter King and pay to play pals have managed to conflate Mason Rudolph into something he is not...a first round draft pick. It really doesn't matter who is parroting him, it's still Petey boy, and I don't mean Prisco.

(04-11-2018, 04:58 PM)pirkster Wrote: Here's a thought... how would the fanbase react if a team traded into our pick 28.b and took Rudolph/Jackson?

Probably tells me that Caldwell and Coughlin weren't planning on taking them at 29 anyway. If they want a franchise QB really badly, I doubt they would just sit on their hands and wait.

(04-11-2018, 05:39 PM)Markulous Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 04:58 PM)pirkster Wrote: Here's a thought... how would the fanbase react if a team traded into our pick 28.b and took Rudolph/Jackson?

Probably tells me that Caldwell and Coughlin weren't planning on taking them at 29 anyway. If they want a franchise QB really badly, I doubt they would just sit on their hands and wait.

I doubt they want a QB bad enough to trade up for one, but if there is a QB sitting there I could see a Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph being their pick. While Caldwell has traditionally been likely to trade down when he has a QB at the spot to tempt other teams with, this year is a little different since the Jaguars do have a legitimate need for a QB2 with the potential to take over in time. 
'02

(04-11-2018, 06:50 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 05:39 PM)Markulous Wrote: Probably tells me that Caldwell and Coughlin weren't planning on taking them at 29 anyway. If they want a franchise QB really badly, I doubt they would just sit on their hands and wait.

I doubt they want a QB bad enough to trade up for one, but if there is a QB sitting there I could see a Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph being their pick. While Caldwell has traditionally been likely to trade down when he has a QB at the spot to tempt other teams with, this year is a little different since the Jaguars do have a legitimate need for a QB2 with the potential to take over in time. 

I think if there's a cheap price to trade with Cincy it's possible. But if we really want Lamar or Rudolph, I would still consider moving up a couple spots so a team doesn't try and jump ahead of us. Someone like Buffalo or Denver.

(04-11-2018, 07:42 PM)Markulous Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 06:50 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I doubt they want a QB bad enough to trade up for one, but if there is a QB sitting there I could see a Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph being their pick. While Caldwell has traditionally been likely to trade down when he has a QB at the spot to tempt other teams with, this year is a little different since the Jaguars do have a legitimate need for a QB2 with the potential to take over in time. 

I think if there's a cheap price to trade with Cincy it's possible. But if we really want Lamar or Rudolph, I would still consider moving up a couple spots so a team doesn't try and jump ahead of us. Someone like Buffalo or Denver.

I just don't see enough "really want" there to justify moving up. If they fall great, but don't lose a pick to get one. I'd much rather have Goedert and our third round pick than just Rudolph or Jackson who probably wouldn't even play as a rookie. 
'02

Buffalo news just reported that NYG and Buffalo have a tentative trade deal in place to move Buffalo to #2
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-11-2018, 09:28 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Buffalo news just reported that NYG and Buffalo have a tentative trade deal in place to move Buffalo to #2

Really? I haven't seen anything on twitter about it. Wonder what NYG got.

(04-11-2018, 09:48 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 09:28 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Buffalo news just reported that NYG and Buffalo have a tentative trade deal in place to move Buffalo to #2

Really? I haven't seen anything on twitter about it. Wonder what NYG got.

Nothing concrete, but the last rumors I heard before this were 12 and 22 and Lesean McCoy plus two or 3 total of 2's/3's
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-11-2018, 10:02 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 09:48 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Really? I haven't seen anything on twitter about it. Wonder what NYG got.

Nothing concrete, but the last rumors I heard before this were 12 and 22 and Lesean McCoy plus two or 3 total of 2's/3's

That would be hard to pass up..

(04-11-2018, 09:48 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Really? I haven't seen anything on twitter about it. Wonder what NYG got.

That'd be crazy, can't pass that if you are NYG. What a crap situation it would be for whatever QB the Bills draft. O-line is decimated, your #1 target in Kelvin Benjamin, and you got no RB. Ouch.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2018, 11:39 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Honestly, that would be ideal for both sides. Buffalo needs a franchise QB and a couple of pieces on the O-Line, plus, they aren't expecting to be a contender right away, but still have later picks to add a RB (this is a deep class and a speed receiver.) Adding that franchise QB is the key though. For the Giants, this gives them much needed draft picks to rebuild the O-Line and defense. If they figure Eli still has some juice in the tank and Webb is still developing, this scenario couldn't work out better for them.

(04-11-2018, 10:16 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 10:02 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Nothing concrete, but the last rumors I heard before this were 12 and 22 and Lesean McCoy plus two or 3 total of 2's/3's

That'd be crazy, can't pass that if you are NYG. What a crap situation it would be for whatever QB the Bills draft. O-line is decimated, your #1 target in Kelvin Benjamin, and you got no RB. Ouch.

The O-Line isn't really decimated. They need an OG, C without a doubt. A RT could be used as well, (although they could probably survive with what they have at RT for a season.) This is a very deep draft for RB's and I could see them finding a speed receiver late as well. A small price to find a franchise QB.

Here is something I found on 247 Sports regarding the potential deal....

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giant...-117241770

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2018, 11:47 PM by ColoJag.)

Didn't they just trade Cordy Glenn? Who is their Left Tackle??

Or was that Dion Dawkins? Either way they lost a starting tackle

Mayfield or Rosen > 2 mid level 1st round picks, an aging RB, and a few day 2 picks.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2018, 04:52 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-11-2018, 11:44 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Didn't they just trade Cordy Glenn? Who is their Left Tackle??

Or was that Dion Dawkins? Either way they lost a starting tackle

Dawkins is moving to LT that is likely set in stone. Ryan Groy is the team's top backup interior lineman and has played well in relief. He likely takes over Icognito's position. They signed Center Russell Bodine, but that guy was a disaster with Cincinnati. They must address Center. Vladimir Ducasse and John Miller should compete for the other OG position. Neither are great, but they might hold up another season. Jordan mills is set to be the RT. Again, a decent, yet upgradable player. The O-Line will definitely weaker than it was in 2017, should they lose those draft picks via a trade. They must upgrade the Center spot IMO, that's the weakest and I would add competition at OG and RT late in the draft.

(04-12-2018, 04:34 AM)Upper Wrote: Mayfield or Rosen > 2 mid level 1st round picks, an aging RB, and a few day 2 picks.

Agreed.

(04-12-2018, 04:34 AM)Upper Wrote: Mayfield or Rosen > 2 mid level 1st round picks, an aging RB, and a few day 2 picks.

If they are planning to take a QB yeah, if not then the deal would be fine with me.

(04-12-2018, 05:31 AM)JackCity Wrote:

If they are planning to take a QB yeah, if not then the deal would be fine with me.

Fair. I'll amend it.

Mayfield or Rosen > 2 mid level 1st round picks, an aging RB, and a few day 2 picks > Chubb, Nelson, or Barkley.