Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft rumors

(04-13-2018, 08:19 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-13-2018, 08:14 PM)JackCity Wrote: I mean even if Barkley busts it's not gonna be because of Penn State's RB draft history. We can rule that out right now.

So that should mean all talk of Mason Rudolph being a potential bust should be shut down due to people citing he comes from the Big 12, where QB's have not panned out as expected, right?

Yeah I think you have to judge each player on their own merit or you will run into trouble.  Same with Barkley.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-13-2018, 08:19 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-13-2018, 08:14 PM)JackCity Wrote: I mean even if Barkley busts it's not gonna be because of Penn State's RB draft history. We can rule that out right now.

So that should mean all talk of Mason Rudolph being a potential bust should be shut down due to people citing he comes from the Big 12, where QB's have not panned out as expected, right?

The history of Big 12 quarterbacks is sad indeed. Who else besides Troy Aikman was there worth mentioning? 
'02

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2018, 09:27 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-13-2018, 04:16 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-13-2018, 04:08 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
I'm not even sure any other WR will beat out Moncrief.

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/ar...owns-game/

I think you'd like that read. Harmon's reception perception is what unearthed Arob as a gem years ago, and put Matt on the map and road to ultimately leading NFL.com's NGS.
You think?   Are we talking about "draft prospect a-rob?" 
I think A-Rob's college tape chock full of high-pointed catches made it clear for thousands of casual fans without any help from Harmon. Certainly did for me. And I had no clue who Matt Harmon was at the time. Still don't actually. 

Come to think of it, I don't recall any "unearthing" at all. He was a fairly coveted receiver not predicted to last beyond the second round by my recollection.

Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah both are saying there’s a huge trade in the works right now. Say it will shake up the draft.

They can’t disclose yet but a rumor being floated is NE to #4.

(04-16-2018, 05:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status...6118536192

I saw something on FB about a big trade between the Jaguars and Lions.

'02

Maybe we are getting Megatron

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 09:23 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-16-2018, 07:27 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Maybe we are getting Megatron

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/10/30...roit-lions

Cowboys and Seahawks in trade talk about Earl Thomas

Colts also want to move back again and get more picks

I can't wait till next week
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 10:13 PM by imtheblkranger.)

I'm not sure what we'd trade up with Detroit for. Megatron isn't coming back, it's not high enough for a qb, just seems odd.

I suppose they could be wanting pick 29 while keeping 20, but who do they have that's really worth making that move?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-16-2018, 11:56 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep...spartanntp

Shocker if true.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-16-2018, 11:56 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep...spartanntp

It doesn't really say what the browns would get for sliding down 1 position.

(04-16-2018, 06:29 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 05:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status...6118536192

(04-16-2018, 10:11 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm not sure what we'd trade up with Detroit for. Megatron isn't coming back, it's not high enough for a qb, just seems odd.

I suppose they could be wanting pick 29 while keeping 20, but who do they have that's really worth making that move?

I doubt there is anything to this rumor.

However, if there IS something to this rumor, look at the teams they would jump ahead of

21. Cincinnati
22. Buffalo
23. New England
24. Carolina

All of these teams have needs for OL, and all have been mocked OLs in various mocks. Furthermore, if the Bills execute a trade into the top 5-6 in the draft, look at the teams they would likely deal with:

2. N.Y. Giants
4. Cleveland
5. Denver
6. Indianapolis

All of these teams have needs for OL, which would still exist if they traded back with Buffalo.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-17-2018, 08:14 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 06:29 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

(04-16-2018, 10:11 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm not sure what we'd trade up with Detroit for. Megatron isn't coming back, it's not high enough for a qb, just seems odd.

I doubt there is anything to this rumor.

However, if there IS something to this rumor, look at the teams they would jump ahead of

21.  Cincinnati
22.  Buffalo
23.  New England
24. Carolina

All of these teams have needs for OL, and all have been mocked OLs in various mocks.  Furthermore, if the Bills execute a trade into the top 5-6 in the draft, look at the teams they would likely deal with:

2.  N.Y. Giants
4.  Cleveland
5.  Denver
6.  Indianapolis

All of these teams have needs for OL, which would still exist if they traded back with Buffalo.
This doesn't sound like a Caldwell move though. Trading up in the 1st round for who? A tackle or guard who might be there at 29?

Only reason they are moving up in the first round a significant amount is for a QB, much like Kansas City did last year. I can see maybe moving up a couple picks if Hernandez or Wynn was there and the cost was peanuts, but that's it really.

(04-17-2018, 08:38 AM)Markulous Wrote: Only reason they are moving up in the first round a significant amount is for a QB, much like Kansas City did last year. I can see maybe moving up a couple picks if Hernandez or Wynn was there and the cost was peanuts, but that's it really.
I agree that it will be for a QB but the big 4 are not falling to 20. Which leaves Rudolph and Jackson. Are they really going to mortgage the future for a QB who may also fall to 29? I sure hope not.

Wynn, Hernandez, Daniels, McGlinchey, Williams... That's 5 players who all have the chance to be available at 29. I hope the Jags either stand pat or trade with the Browns for their 2 2nd rounders.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 08:55 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-17-2018, 08:34 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 08:14 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I doubt there is anything to this rumor.

21.  Cincinnati
22.  Buffalo
23.  New England
24. Carolina

All of these teams have needs for OL, and all have been mocked OLs in various mocks.  Furthermore, if the Bills execute a trade into the top 5-6 in the draft, look at the teams they would likely deal with:

2.  N.Y. Giants
4.  Cleveland
5.  Denver
6.  Indianapolis

This doesn't sound like a Caldwell move though. Trading up in the 1st round for who? A tackle or guard who might be there at 29?

If you consider Caldwell said there might be guys in the first 2 maybe 3 rounds that could help this team, then maybe a 3rd or 4th and a 6th round pick are expendable and worth the price to trade up to 20 to get the guy they want.

Consider also the Jaguars want to be a power running team, and guys like Daniels and Wynn do not appear to be fits for a power running game, and Price is injured.

Assuming the Jaguars want a power OL, those facts shrink the available pool of first round contributors...assuming of course they have locked in at OL in the first round.

(04-17-2018, 08:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 08:38 AM)Markulous Wrote: Only reason they are moving up in the first round a significant amount is for a QB, much like Kansas City did last year. I can see maybe moving up a couple picks if Hernandez or Wynn was there and the cost was peanuts, but that's it really.
I agree that it will be for a QB but the big 4 are not falling to 20. Which leaves Rudolph and Jackson. Are they really going to mortgage the future for a QB who may also fall to 29? I sure hope not.

Wynn, Hernandez, Daniels, McGlinchey, Williams... That's 5 players who all have the chance to be available at 29. I hope the Jags either stand pat or trade with the Browns for their 2 2nd rounders.

Again, if you deem Wynn and Daniels...maybe Williams not to be scheme fits...that reduces the pool to 2, maybe 3 players...getting through 9 spots.