Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft rumors

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 10:01 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-18-2018, 10:51 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 10:37 PM)Bullseye Wrote: We don't have the ammo to get him if he did fall that far.

It would probably cost a 1/2/3 this year and handful of high future picks but it could be done.

This is what I'm talking about.

I don't think this team would give up that many picks to trade up.  Even if the team were willing to give up that much for Rosen, there are other QB hungry teams with higher picks that would probably entice a team. 

Actually, I think if Rosen falls that far, the action would be at pick 10, as teams would look to deal above Miami and/or Buffalo.

Edit:

Last year, Houston gave up a first last year and a first this year to move up 13 spots to get Watson.

Last year, the Chiefs gave up a first last year, a 3rd last year and a first this year to move up 17 spots to get Mahomes.  We would be moving up 19 spots to get Rosen-assuming we'd have to get to 10.

The only other trades I can remember that involved a team picking in the late 20s+ to move up to the top ten was back in 1995, when the 49ers traded a first (30th overall), a 3rd and a 4th round pick that year, and a first round pick in 1996 to get J.J. Stokes., and Atlanta traded a 1st, 2nd and 4th round pick in 2011 and 2012 1st and 4th round picks to Cleveland to move from 27 to 6th overall to draft Julio Jones.

Thinking about it, it's doable theoretically. I guess my perception is that Rosen is viewed more favorably than Mahomes was last year, plus with Miami, Buffalo, Arizona, and now New England with needs at QB and either in closer proximity position wise to San Fran, or with more draft capital this year (Buffalo, New England), it would be difficult to outbid those teams.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-19-2018, 04:05 AM)JNev Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 02:55 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. I believe Denver likes him more than Allen, from everything I've read. He and John Elway have similar personalities.

I don't see any of them falling passed 12, but if they do, I believe it will be Allen. I just can't see the logic in drafting him so high, when he has major accuracy issues and showed little to no improvement during his college career. IMO, he has "bust" written all over him.

Honestly I'm not sure I'd even pick Allen if he were available at 29

I wouldn't.  2nd round, I'd be a bit more intrigued though.

(04-18-2018, 09:25 PM)knarnn Wrote: Rumors are now swirling that Rosen will fall out of the top 5.

Undoubtedly being spread by a team or teams that want him to fall.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 10:16 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-19-2018, 02:55 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 12:26 AM)Dimson Wrote: I think oneof the top 5 QBs are going to fall out of the top 15. Just not sure who.

I don't see any of them falling passed 12, but if they do, I believe it will be Allen. I just can't see the logic in drafting him so high, when he has major accuracy issues and showed little to no improvement during his college career. IMO, he has "bust" written all over him.

I agree.

Lately I've been hearing some of the talking heads defending Allen by saying Brett Favre and Matthew Stafford had completion percentages in the high fifties in their careers and turned out to be great QBs.

However, Brett Favre can say he beat a highly ranked FSU team.

Matthew Stafford can claim victories over ranked teams like Michigan State and LSU in 2008, and Alabama, Florida and Auburn the year before.

Josh Allen can't claim any victories against any quality opponents.  Yes, his team was likely overmatched.  But Southern Mississippi was no juggernaut when Favre beat FSU in 1989 and Alabama and Auburn the next year.

I'm hoping a team I hate like Buffalo will spend a ton to trade up and get him, because he will be a bust.

(04-19-2018, 10:15 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 02:55 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I agree.

Lately I've been hearing some of the talking heads defending Allen by saying Brett Favre and Matthew Stafford had completion percentages in the high fifties in their careers and turned out to be great QBs.

Matthew Stafford can claim victories over ranked teams like Michigan State and LSU in 2008, and Alabama, Florida and Auburn the year before.

Josh Allen can't claim any victories against any quality opponents.  Yes, his team was likely overmatched.  But Southern Mississippi was no juggernaut when Favre beat FSU in 1989 and Alabama and Auburn the next year.

I'm hoping a team I hate like Buffalo will spend a ton to trade up and get him, because he will be a bust.

Amen. I'd love to see him go to the Jets. I hate them.

(04-19-2018, 10:02 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 09:25 PM)knarnn Wrote: Rumors are now swirling that Rosen will fall out of the top 5.

Undoubtedly being spread by a team or teams that want him to fall.

I think the pats want rosen
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Elway "announces" that pick #5 is for sale.

There's Buffalos opportunity to move up. And Elway opportunity to move back and *possibly* take a guy like Rudolph.

(04-19-2018, 02:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: Elway "announces" that pick #5 is for sale.  

There's Buffalos opportunity to move up. And Elway opportunity to move back and *possibly* take a guy like Rudolph.

If the Broncos trade with Buffalo, I hope they make them pay through the nose and completely mortgage their future for Josh freaking Allen.

(04-19-2018, 12:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 10:15 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I agree.

Amen. I'd love to see him go to the Jets. I hate them.

Amen. I'd love to see him go to the Broncos. I hate them.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-19-2018, 03:24 PM)PF* Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 12:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Amen. I'd love to see him go to the Jets. I hate them.

Amen. I'd love to see him go to the Broncos. I hate them.

Amen.  I'd love to see him go to the Colts.  I hate them.

Mayock has Allen ranked as his #2 QB....I'm really struggling to see why.

Darnold
Allen
Rosen
Mayfield
Jackson
Rudolph

(04-20-2018, 11:23 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Mayock has Allen ranked as his #2 QB....I'm really struggling to see why.

Darnold
Allen
Rosen
Mayfield
Jackson
Rudolph

I'd go:

Mayfield
Darnold
Allen
Rosen
Rudolph 
Jackson
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

The amateur draftnicks couldn't understand why QBs like Geno Smith and Teddy Bridgewater fell, for the same reason they don't understand why Allen is so high, either.

The answer is simple: GMs, scouts, and pro analysts have a professional opinion. It's not their hobby, it's their job.

That doesn't mean they're always right.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Kiper was paid to prop up Allen. Dude is not good. Kyle Boller 2.0.

(04-23-2018, 03:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Kiper was paid to prop up Allen. Dude is not good. Kyle Boller 2.0.

They are trying to make out to be Elway 2.0. Which may be true, but Elway never woulda been Elway in these NFL days because it took him a longggggg time to be good. Patience like that doesn't exist in this NFL . I think Elway is like a 56% career guy.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2018, 04:23 PM by knarnn.)

From MMQB:

Quote: 

• The final word on the quarterbacks. I asked one longtime and well-connected scout about what he’s hearing regarding the order of top quarterbacks in this draft. In other words, if teams with a quarterback need could show their boards, what order would they go in? “Allen one, very slightly ahead of Darnold. Then Mayfield. But the people who like Mayfield love Mayfield.” Watch for Arizona trading up on Mayfield if he gets past the Jets and Broncos.

• There will be some trades in this draft that might seem one-sided. Several team officials told me in the past few days that they value Day 2 picks (rounds two and three) so highly that they’d be willing to take slightly less in compensation to move down. Where could this come into play? Cleveland (four), Indianapolis (six), Baltimore (16), Seattle (18), New England (23, 31), New Orleans (27), Philadelphia (32). “This is not your typical draft,” said one veteran club official Sunday. “The second, third and even fourth rounds are gold. You can take less than the trade-value chart says and still make a very good trade if you get multiple picks in those rounds.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/23/mock-d...peter-king
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-23-2018, 04:23 PM)knarnn Wrote: From MMQB:

Quote: 

• The final word on the quarterbacks. I asked one longtime and well-connected scout about what he’s hearing regarding the order of top quarterbacks in this draft. In other words, if teams with a quarterback need could show their boards, what order would they go in? “Allen one, very slightly ahead of Darnold. Then Mayfield. But the people who like Mayfield love Mayfield.” Watch for Arizona trading up on Mayfield if he gets past the Jets and Broncos.

• There will be some trades in this draft that might seem one-sided. Several team officials told me in the past few days that they value Day 2 picks (rounds two and three) so highly that they’d be willing to take slightly less in compensation to move down. Where could this come into play? Cleveland (four), Indianapolis (six), Baltimore (16), Seattle (18), New England (23, 31), New Orleans (27), Philadelphia (32). “This is not your typical draft,” said one veteran club official Sunday. “The second, third and even fourth rounds are gold. You can take less than the trade-value chart says and still make a very good trade if you get multiple picks in those rounds.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/23/mock-d...peter-king

Interesting tidbit about the draft depth. I'd agree, there is a large swatch of players ranked from 2nd round to the 4th with no much between them. 

Could potentially tempt the Jags to move back if we get a chance.

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/988...56322?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-24-2018, 12:36 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/988...56322?s=21

As expected