Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Speaker of the House Paul Ryan will not seek re-election

I guess he's had enough.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-11-2018, 07:52 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I guess he's had enough.

Of Trump.

Apparently he has had enough of being an absentee father, but don't let that get in the way of your agenda.

Looks like RINOs are back on the endangered species list.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

What was he doing anyways? Bye.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

When you get elected on promises you don't keep and are derelict of duty in every facet of your job, you "retire" when you realize you'll never be elected again.

If only the left would treat their elected officials in kind. Instead, they keep backing them no matter how bad a job they do.

Like the Borg, we are the D. You will be assimilated. Resistance (to the D) is futile.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Banana

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2018, 10:00 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

... probably needs to take off so he can dedicate some time to look for his spine

I had high hopes for him in regards to reining in the spending. Oh, well.

I wouldn't be surprised if he were to run for the 2024 presidential election when the GOP attempts to take back the white house.

(04-11-2018, 08:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Apparently he has had enough of being an absentee father, but don't let that get in the way of your agenda.

You lap it up like gravy.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(04-12-2018, 10:10 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 08:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Apparently he has had enough of being an absentee father, but don't let that get in the way of your agenda.

You lap it up like gravy.

Do you do nothing if not project much?

It's hard to find another poster so blindly dedicated the cult of the left.

In contrast, every single person in the middle and right commenting here are celebrating this announcement.

Now imagine if the name had been Schumer or Pelosi... two who have been even more damaging to the country...

(04-12-2018, 10:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I had high hopes for him in regards to reining in the spending.   Oh, well.

To a certain extent he did.  They got Trump to sign a Bill that didn't include is #1 campaign agenda, an expanded Wall.

(04-12-2018, 10:39 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 10:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I had high hopes for him in regards to reining in the spending.   Oh, well.

To a certain extent he did.  They got Trump to sign a Bill that didn't include is #1 campaign agenda, an expanded Wall.
THE WALL IS COMING AND IT WILL HAVE WINDOWS AND IT WILL BE YUUUUGE!

Welp, will he follow his predecessor's lead and abandon his "principles" to chase the money?
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-boehne...pot-board/

(04-12-2018, 10:25 AM)pirkster Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 10:10 AM)rollerjag Wrote: You lap it up like gravy.

In contrast, every single person in the middle and right commenting here are celebrating this announcement.

That statement is not true, because I am not celebrating this announcement.   He has apparently given up on reining in the spending, and I would never celebrate that.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2018, 12:09 PM by pirkster.)

(04-12-2018, 11:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 10:25 AM)pirkster Wrote: In contrast, every single person in the middle and right commenting here are celebrating this announcement.

That statement is not true, because I am not celebrating this announcement.   He has apparently given up on reining in the spending, and I would never celebrate that.

Isn't apparent that nearly all have given up on reining in spending?  Only that I can think of off the top of my head that still stand up are Amash and Paul.

It's like executives and investors raiding a failing company - accelerating it into the ground/bankruptcy.

They get in, pay themselves handsomely until the parachute turns double platinum, then pull the ripcord whenever the gig is up.

Some are lucky enough to get re-elected no matter what they spend or how they perform.  Their riches have no bounds as they need no parachute.  They have a constituency that would never pull the lever for anyone else.

We're a country where the uneducated and educated alike now favor voting for Santa Claus. Who's giving away the most free stuff.

(04-12-2018, 12:06 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 11:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That statement is not true, because I am not celebrating this announcement.   He has apparently given up on reining in the spending, and I would never celebrate that.

Isn't apparent that nearly all have given up on reining in spending?  Only that I can think of off the top of my head that still stand up are Amash and Paul.

It's like executives and investors raiding a failing company - accelerating it into the ground/bankruptcy.

They get in, pay themselves handsomely until the parachute turns double platinum, then pull the ripcord whenever the gig is up.

Some are lucky enough to get re-elected no matter what they spend or how they perform.  Their riches have no bounds as they need no parachute.  They have a constituency that would never pull the lever for anyone else.

We're a country where the uneducated and educated alike now favor voting for Santa Claus.  Who's giving away the most free stuff.

The politicians just don't have any guts.   They don't want to cause any pain to anyone, because it might affect their chances of reelection. 

Trump's the same way.   Spend, spend, spend.

(04-12-2018, 12:52 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 12:06 PM)pirkster Wrote: Isn't apparent that nearly all have given up on reining in spending?  Only that I can think of off the top of my head that still stand up are Amash and Paul.

We're a country where the uneducated and educated alike now favor voting for Santa Claus.  Who's giving away the most free stuff.

The politicians just don't have any guts.   They don't want to cause any pain to anyone, because it might affect their chances of reelection. 

Trump is the same way.
 Spend, spend, spend.
WRONG WRONG WRONG! HE'S THE BEST!

(04-12-2018, 12:06 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 11:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That statement is not true, because I am not celebrating this announcement.   He has apparently given up on reining in the spending, and I would never celebrate that.

Either I vote for the guy who will give me back some of my money or the other guy wins and I get none of it back. Voting is now about the level to which we get screwed because everyone is lubing up.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato