Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who would u pick..
This poll is closed.
Moore
53.33%
8 53.33%
Sutton
46.67%
7 46.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DJ Moore or Courtland Sutton at #29?

I would go with Moore just for the fact that him and Keenan Mcardell used to be his coach in high school.. Also to me hes the best WE in this class.. Dude made 3 average college qbs look like Drew Brees..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2018, 06:25 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Neither, but if i had no choice to pick between the 2 id go Sutton

A lineman.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2018, 06:32 PM by chris hill.)

True yeah I can def see Connor Williams or even Will Hernandez..

But I'm afraid they won't get passed NE and Carolina..

Cuz NE lost Nate Soldier and the Jags got Norwell from Carolina..

2 huge needs for both teams imo..

Sutton for me.

He might not be the finished article, but I think this team needs a big guy to win the balls ARob used to win more than it needs a high-effort run-after-the-catch player.

I'd hard pass on both, but if forced I'd take Moore.

(04-15-2018, 06:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: A lineman.

This.

Sutton cant get open

Neither. A WR in the first round would make me crazy!

He said if forced between the two. Not the sensible pick. Neither isn't an option boys.

As an SMU alum, I have seen Sutton in many games. I think he's a good college receiver that will be an average pro. Moore has much better run after catch ability, that will fit better in the Jag's offense. However, I would not pick a WR in round one.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 08:20 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-15-2018, 07:57 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Sutton cant get open

The funny thing is in the game clips of 4-5 games I've seen, not once have I seen him face the jam at the LOS.  He always got clean, uncontested releases.

He seems decent after the catch, and he seems to have a physical enough game to muscle some opponents, but I can't definitively disagree with you here.

(04-15-2018, 08:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Neither. A WR in the first round would make me crazy!

Is it because of the WRs in this particular draft class, or is this a general rule for you?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 08:37 AM by JackCity.)

I think Sutton has higher upside. Prefer Moore style wise.

Sutton is always open even when he doesn't look like it.

For me it's Sutton by miles.

'02

I'd take Moore.

Gun to my head, (which is the only way I would select a receiver in round 1), I would take Moore.

(04-16-2018, 08:52 AM)Jags02 Wrote:

Sutton is always open even when he doesn't look like it.

It's just 50/50 balls are great when they work, but if he can't get separation then that's going to be some PD and INTs.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 07:54 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-17-2018, 07:50 AM)ColoJag Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 08:52 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Sutton is always open even when he doesn't look like it.

It's just 50/50 balls are great when they work, but if he can't get separation then that's going to be some PD and INTs.

So you weren't an ARob fan?

I think Sutton will be the first WR picked

(04-17-2018, 05:15 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Gun to my head, (which is the only way I would select a receiver in round 1), I would take Moore.

So you'd never draft Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Tim Brown, Sterling Sharpe, Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Hopkins, Reggie Wayne, Dez Bryant, OBJ, Art Monk, Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald, Torry Holt, et al in the first round?!?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 11:37 AM by Caldrac.)

Between these two players I would take D.J Moore and not even blink or think twice about it. He's got a good build, great speed, very tough and creates plays after the catch and he'll mix it up with defenders in the run blocking department. He played against better competition and there's a bit of a connection there already between him and McCardell. It's a perfect fit.

D.J Moore kind of reminds me of Steve Smith with his frame. Short, stout and not afraid to get physical. I am not saying he'll go onto be a 1,000+ catch / 14,000+ yard type of receiver in the NFL but just his style of play seems to be a nice fit for our offense. Short plays, RAC ability, deep ball ability and a good run blocker. Just seems to me that we would get more value there with Moore at 29 in comparison with Sutton's style of play.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."