Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars retirement ceremony for Poz today at 1230

Link I guess this is where it will be shown. There are highlights and photos and his retirement letter at the link.

I loved those highlights of his career with the Jags. I remember when he cut off his hair, people were freaking out a bit, like it was his superpower. Lol. He was a great addition to the team, the locker room and the organization and I am sorry to see him go, but I appreciate a player who is willing to retire when he realizes his abilities are no longer up to his personal standards as well as those to stay at the top of his game in pro football. I hope he is able to find a place in the organization as Keenan McCardell has, if that is something he and his family are hopeful for. 

Thank you, Poz, for everything you gave to the Jaguars and the fans.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/985911133868474368

LIVE FEED:

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/985918365041475584

Telvin is in tears right out of the gate.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 10:04 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Poz --- Alliquipa High School in Pittsburgh

Other famous players from Alliquipa HS
Mike Ditka
Tony Dorsett
Sean Gilbert
Ty Law
Darrelle Revis

(04-16-2018, 12:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/985911133868474368

LIVE FEED:

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/985918365041475584

Telvin is in tears right out of the gate.

Thank you for posting this. 

Telvin got emotional. Heck, he got me emotional!

He definitely sets a high standard for the men of the NFL.

"I'd rather stop playing a year too early than one play too late."

Gotta respect this guy. He's a class act that set a high standard for himself and those around him.

Kind of interesting but I'm not really certain that I've heard many interviews with him in the past. His retirement speech was carried on 1010xl just now -- he kind of sounds like Gronk.

(04-16-2018, 01:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: "I'd rather stop playing a year too early than one play too late."

Gotta respect this guy.  He's a class act that set a high standard for himself and those around him.

That's one of the statements that got me. His care for his teammates is a beautiful thing. The word he kept using was 'help' in its various forms when it came to what he hoped he achieved with regards to the team and players. He's one of those "Mr. Rogers guys"; the guy who wants to help people, the guy who runs toward a situation instead of away from it in order to help people.

He makes these other players who whine about whatever and don't get their way sound like petulant children.

(04-16-2018, 01:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Kind of interesting but I'm not really certain that I've heard many interviews with him in the past.  His retirement speech was carried on 1010xl just now -- he kind of sounds like Gronk.

He sounds the polar opposite of Gronk.

He's articulate and his words are wisely calculated and chosen.  He gives off a charisma of wisdom.

Gronk sounds like a hungover/still drunk frat boy in comparison.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 02:01 PM by imtheblkranger.)

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/9...78432?s=19

Couldn't watch it live. Can't wait to watch the replay later
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-16-2018, 01:47 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 01:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Kind of interesting but I'm not really certain that I've heard many interviews with him in the past.  His retirement speech was carried on 1010xl just now -- he kind of sounds like Gronk.

He sounds the polar opposite of Gronk.

He's articulate and his words are wisely calculated and chosen.  He gives off a charisma of wisdom.

They both have the Western PA / Western NY gym rat (meathead) accent.

charisma of wisdom?  you've been drinking a little too much of the 80 proof Ghandi juice

(04-16-2018, 02:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 01:47 PM)pirkster Wrote: He sounds the polar opposite of Gronk.

They both have the Western PA / Western NY gym rat (meathead) accent.

charisma of wisdom?  you've been drinking a little too much of the 80 proof Ghandi juice

Maybe you couldn't catch the nuance because they all sound alike to you?
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Smith nearly had me in tears.

I sure wish we could have squeezed one more season out of him.

(04-16-2018, 06:45 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: Smith nearly had me in tears.

Samesies. That kind of passion is powerful.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(04-16-2018, 06:45 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: Smith nearly had me in tears.

Same. So much love and respect. This defense is going to go all out for him this year.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-16-2018, 09:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Dibs on sig
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-16-2018, 09:17 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Dibs on sig
LOL

Let me make you one that isn't too big for the signature size limit first.

[Image: giphy.gif]

https://media.giphy.com/media/26u9w0VJDY.../giphy.gif

(04-16-2018, 09:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 09:17 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Dibs on sig
LOL

Let me make you one that isn't too big for the signature size limit first.

https://media.giphy.com/media/26u9w0VJDY.../giphy.gif

Thanks!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS