Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars retirement ceremony for Poz today at 1230

I dont want to sound ungreatful, so first let me say thank you Poz. I even have a football signed by you that i bought your first year in Jax.

With that, I think Paul was a tackle machine. If he got his paws on you, you were going down. He always gave great effort.

But he wasn't a Mike Pete or Kevin Hardy as an athlete.

However, his numbers speak for themself. He was always in the top 10 in tackles.

Just a classic Middle Backer. Thanks Poz

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-16-2018, 10:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: But he wasn't a Mike Pete or Kevin Hardy as an athlete.
Way to keep it classy.  

One of the classiest and most universally respected Jags retires in the classiest of ways, and you feel the need to take a shot at the guy's athleticism?  Interesting choice.

(04-17-2018, 12:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 10:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: But he wasn't a Mike Pete or Kevin Hardy as an athlete.
Way to keep it classy.  

One of the classiest and most universally respected Jags retires in the classiest of ways, and you feel the need to take a shot at the guy's athleticism?  Interesting choice.

Some folks got standards to keep.
Signature goes here.

The prototypical football player.

He'll be missed.

I would've Loved to see Poz in the BIG game w/our Jaguars...

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-17-2018, 12:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
Way to keep it classy.  

I would imagine that a guy without physical limitations would be able to hold the team record for Interceptions for a LB... Or have 37 Passes Defensed in 7 seasons... 

Oh wait...
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Paul P thank you for being one of the most respected Jaguars this team has ever put a uniform on. To leave the game because you did not want to miss even one tackle or sack when we all know you could have played another year shows how much you loved your teammates and the game of football. What also makes the decision so special is leaving when the team has a shot to win it all this year shows how unselfish a man you are that you would rather walk away then let down your teammates! God bless you and your family and I hope we will see you on the coaching staff in the future.

Poz may not have been the best athlete but there weren't many LBs who could make it to a run fit faster than him.

His instincts were insane. When we were struggling to stop the run this year I joked that all of our LBs and safeties should just follow wherever Poz goes..I was joking but not really.

(04-16-2018, 02:18 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 02:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: They both have the Western PA / Western NY gym rat (meathead) accent.

charisma of wisdom?  you've been drinking a little too much of the 80 proof Ghandi juice

Maybe you couldn't catch the nuance because they all sound alike to you?

[Image: blog-may-be-right.jpg]

(04-17-2018, 12:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/9...0072353792

Couldn't help but feel a little sad for Lewis with Poz getting the heroes goodbye (rightly so) while Lewis is off the team. 

Granted he's not retiring yet and will still probably retire here

Poor guy was Gene Smith's only acquisition.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2018, 09:38 AM by Deacon.)

(04-17-2018, 11:25 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Poor guy was Gene Smith's only acquisition.

Oh, he wasn't the only acquisition. He was just the only one to pan out.

Good God that man set this team back.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!