Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Broncos release C.J. Anderson

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ssion=true

Could the Jags use him? I say yes. I don't think our backfield is as solidified as it could be. I was wondering about the how Jags could/would address the RB position in the draft, but taking Anderson should open up other positions to draft besides RB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

CJ would be a decent back to take Ivory's role and rest Fournette a couple series in a game. Last year, in his 5th season, CJ carried the ball 245 times and averaged 4.1 yards per carry. This figure was down from his 4.7 average that he attained 2 and 3 seasons ago. I like that over the past 2 seasons, favorably compared to Ivory, he fumbled only once in 355 carries. If he would be willing to sign a friendly near minimum deal, he would be a welcome veteran addition, and the lessened carries would likely extend his career. However, he signed a $4.5m average per year contract 2 years ago, and likely won't take a near minimum deal.

On a side note, he just turned 27, and is 5'8" 224 lb back. He was a 4.60 40 guy coming out of college, but is quick to the hole with good vision.

This is a perfect example of the RB devaluation.

His 1,007 yards last season has to be the quietest thousand yard runner in the history of the NFL. He had another 224 receiving. Heck, I thought he was out of football.

I think it would be a good fit.

I guess it comes down to what they want to pay and whether they'd rather pick up a back in round 4 or later.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I really dont see the need for him here. I like all three of our running backs better. Yeldon will walk after this year and get a chance for more carries somewhere else. I dont see a need to address backup rb until next offseason.

He's a late 20's, 1,000 yard back. He's worth a look. I don't know that he's worth a roster spot, but I'm of the opinion that the team would be doing itself a disservice to not, at the least, kick the tires on him.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Denver fans are pretty pissed at this!!! They had some rough OL play lasy year and obviously QB play was rough but CJ continued to put up 1,000 even sharing the ball with Jamal Charles and Devonte Booker. Elway and Joseph LOVE Booker, idk why because he's not good at all. The only issue with CJ is he has had alot of nagging injuries, especially his foot. He's a tough player and for an UDFA he's already had a great career but someone like Tampa/Seattle should pick him up. He's too good to sit behind LF27 and not good enough at being the change of pace guy for him to be here.

He’s more valuable to a split backfield type of team. I’m sure the Jags would love to have him backing up Fournette, but I believe there are probably a handful of teams that would pay more than us. Probably see a team sign him after the draft.

(04-17-2018, 10:16 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: He’s more valuable to a split backfield type of team. I’m sure the Jags would love to have him backing up Fournette, but I believe there are probably a handful of teams that would pay more than us. Probably see a team sign him after the draft.

I think the Jags should consider having a quality backup, that gets more than an occasional play here and there. Not necessarily an even split, but something closer to the distribution of Fred and Maurice, when both were performing at a high level. Not sure how long Fournette can last slamming his body into brick walls play after play. Fournette' s body is going to take a beating, with the Jags taking a run first approach.

Grant is better in situations where his straight line speed can be utilized. Yeldon still seems to me to be just a guy. There is a need for a backup that has the ability to put up big numbers in Fournette's absence, should it occur. Or to be able to spell him effectively. C.J. is quick to the hole, and has some shiftiness and escapability.

So we can sign him now?

Id be interested if we had an injury to Leo. I don't think theres much point of everyone is healthy. What purpose did Ivory serve last year when everyone was healthy?

As much as I'm appreciative to have a great RB like Fournette on our team, I think that due to his history, brusing style of running, and the volume of carries that the Jags will give him, injuries might occur with him more often than we want. There needs to be a viable plan B in place that can be utilized should LF go down for any period of time. Right now, I don't believe we have that plan B in action. I think the Jags wanted to get some specific RB's in the draft that never fell to the them.

I recall Coughlin I think recently saying that they were going to get an RB that was similar in style to LF to be the backup. Not sure what the plan was/is, but it has to be more than what we currently have. I think CJ not only complements and spells LF, but is also capable of carrying the load for a game or 2 if needed. You're not going to get the same production with Yeldon and Grant. There's a reason we went with an RB like Fournette at pick 4 last year.

With our ridiculous depth everywhere, I'd rather wait to sign someone if there was an injury than keep 4 RBs in case Leo gets injured

No. Just No.

Signed by the Panthers

(05-09-2018, 07:56 AM)ColoJag Wrote: Signed by the Panthers

Nice pick up for them. Much better fit for CAR than us

That was a good pick up for Cam and nem