Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bucky Brooks WR categories

I thought this was interesting today -it is Bucky Brooks attempt to group the various available receivers together by type.

Might help clarify which receivers we might want and which ones we don’t need more of.

Route runners
Calvin Ridley, Alabama
Christian Kirk, Texas A&M
DaeSean Hamilton, Penn State
Deontay Burnett, USC
Jordan Lasley, UCLA

Big receivers/red-zone threats
Courtland Sutton, SMU
Equanimeous St. Brown, Notre Dame
Auden Tate, Florida State
Allen Lazard, Iowa State
Marcell Ateman, Oklahoma State

Chain movers
D.J. Moore, Maryland
Michael Gallup, Colorado State
Dante Pettis, Washington
Cedrick Wilson, Boise State
Tre'Quan Smith, UCF

Big-play threats
James Washington, Oklahoma State
Deon Cain, Clemson
D.J. Chark, LSU
Antonio Callaway, Florida
Anthony Miller, Memphis

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 03:29 PM by knarnn.)

I would agree for the most part. There are a few guys who could fall under a couple of categories but I'm nitpicking.

Interesting to note, I think we've discussed every player listed here at least once except Cedrick Wilson. He is an interesting prospect for sure and has been deemed a draft sleeper.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/2/1...k-prescott
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We have the route runners and chain movers on the roster already. What we can use is a big receiver/red zone thread or a big play threat.
'02

I know he is valued in between our first 2 picks but I would love to see chark in this offense. He's a more athletic keelan and to have those guys stretching the field and asj along with Lee patrolling the middle would be pretty stout.

(04-16-2018, 07:58 PM)Htexasjag22 Wrote: I know he is valued in between our first 2 picks but I would love to see chark in this offense. He's a more athletic keelan and to have those guys stretching the field and asj along with Lee patrolling the middle would be pretty stout.

Same. Sign me up for some Chark.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-16-2018, 04:42 PM)Jags02 Wrote: We have the route runners and chain movers on the roster already. What we can use is a big receiver/red zone thread or a big play threat.

Agreed. 
If Sutton isn't there at 29 I could see us waiting on WR until round 3 or 4 and getting a guy like Tate.
Raw but could be a role player at WR in the RZ as a rookie.

In today's offenses it really does come down to utility. You have to have a full set of weapons to implement. Being without one severely limits your options/ability to impose your will.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-19-2018, 09:55 AM)pirkster Wrote: In today's offenses it really does come down to utility.  You have to have a full set of weapons to implement.  Being without one severely limits your options/ability to impose your will.

Agree. The more mismatches you can create the better set you are. 

The one skillset we are really missing from our WR group is a big bodied/contested catch guy. There are a good amount of them in this class and while I don't *love* any of them it might be prudent to take one from rounds 4-7.