Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Phillip Lindsay--- Thoughts?

I'm a huge fan of his and think he could be a great 3rd down/change of pace guy. Has really good hands and great vision. He's on the small side but the guy runs hard and set the CU all purpose yards record. Was curious if any of y'all have studied him and what your thoughts were. He would most likely be a 6th round pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like him a lot. He's a very good pass protector for his size ,runs hard and is a talented pass catcher. That combination is always needed. Has all the intangibles you could ask for.

Only Q with regards to us is , would you rather him get snaps or Corey Grant? Grant may not be a good pass protector but he has special game breaking ability. I'd probably rather give Grand more burn as a receiver.

Our current group of Running Backs is pretty ideal..I wouldn’t mess with it. Yeldon is great on third down for blocking and out of the backfield, Fournette is a grinder who can also catch out of the back field and I think Grant gets a lot more action with Ivory gone.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

I agree that our RB group is pretty solid right now but Yeldon is in the last year of his deal and I would love to draft Lindsay late and stash him on the PS

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 07:59 PM by pirkster.)

Grant is somewhat an enigma.  They gave him a second round tender to keep him, but they didn't utilize him much in the playoffs (pulled the plug in the second half of the title game when it mattered most.)

I'd say the plan for him is to stay at special teams/3rd down back.

I wouldn't be opposed to us drafting a share the load back.

I don't think Lindsay would be that guy.  He's a small back and probably much better suited for the role Grant is playing for us.

If we draft a back, I'd expect someone closer to Fournette's size and strength, so we can keep pounding away instead of going with a "changeup" back.  Maybe reunite him with his backup Darrel Williams in the 5th or 6th round.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-17-2018, 07:56 PM)pirkster Wrote: Grant is somewhat an enigma.  They gave him a second round tender to keep him, but they didn't utilize him much in the playoffs (pulled the plug in the second half of the title game when it mattered most.)

I don't think Lindsay would be that guy.  He's a small back and probably much better suited for the role Grant is playing for us.

If we draft a back, I'd expect someone closer to Fournette's size and strength, so we can keep pounding away instead of going with a "changeup" back.  Maybe reunite him with his backup Darrel Williams in the 5th or 6th round.

I think the review of the tape from the season/post-season (especially the title game) may have prompted the coaching staff and Cough-Well to offer up that tender once they realized exactly how underutilized he was in 2017. 

I'd not be shocked to see him schemed for more in 2018. 

Whether or not they deem it necessary to fill Ivory's former role with another power-back type remains to be seen, but a sixth rounder is surely worth spending on a prospect if there's one they like there.

(04-17-2018, 08:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 07:56 PM)pirkster Wrote: Grant is somewhat an enigma.  They gave him a second round tender to keep him, but they didn't utilize him much in the playoffs (pulled the plug in the second half of the title game when it mattered most.)

I think the review of the tape from the season/post-season (especially the title game) may have prompted the coaching staff and Cough-Well to offer up that tender once they realized exactly how underutilized he was in 2017. 

I'd not be shocked to see him schemed for more in 2018. 

Whether or not they deem it necessary to fill Ivory's former role with another power-back type remains to be seen, but a sixth rounder is surely worth spending on a prospect if there's one they like there.
I hope you are right. If not, I guess Grant does something in practice we all don't know. Because from what we see, he makes plays... a lot of them!

(04-17-2018, 08:48 AM)JackCity Wrote: I like him a lot. He's a very good pass protector for his size ,runs hard and is a talented pass catcher. That combination is always needed. Has all the intangibles you could ask for.

*Virtual High Five*

Excellent pick. Which quarterbacks do you like for next season?

(10-30-2018, 04:12 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 08:48 AM)JackCity Wrote: I like him a lot. He's a very good pass protector for his size ,runs hard and is a talented pass catcher. That combination is always needed. Has all the intangibles you could ask for.

*Virtual High Five*

*Snap*

He's awesome and great call.

(10-30-2018, 04:26 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Excellent pick. Which quarterbacks do you like for next season?

I havent watched tape of all of them, really only seen Herbert,Jones,Haskins,and a little bit of Grier. I will let you know though

(10-31-2018, 12:47 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 04:26 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Excellent pick. Which quarterbacks do you like for next season?

I havent watched tape of all of them, really only seen Herbert,Jones,Haskins,and a little bit of Grier. I will let you know though

WVU fan here. Grier is awesome. He has had 1 shaky game this year, but very accurate. He's 6'2", so I think that brings his stock down a little. But he would be the best throwing QB this team may ever have (to date) if he is drafted by us.

As for Lindsey, he's very good obviously, and we missed out again. I was an advocate for upgrading the RB position in the draft/free agency. This guy would have been great for us.