Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Daniel Jeremiah Mock 3.0

Eww.  Chark in the first and letting Wynn go by?  I'd throw up my buffalo wild wings right there.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...m=referral

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would actually like the pick...certainly better than D.J. Moore.

We have to find a way to get that 8th guy out of the box.

Chark has the deep speed and ability to separate that defenses have to respect. I think he would help get that S out of the box.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-17-2018, 10:25 AM)Markulous Wrote: Eww.  Chark in the first and letting Wynn go by?  I'd throw up my buffalo wild wings right there.

Okay, so, they have to keep changing their mocks so people will keep reading them.  That means they have to change a lot of picks every time they publish one.   Which means, a lot of the stuff they write is going to be really weird.

Chark sounds an awful like R.J. Soward.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I don't like any of their mocks. Chark, Moore and then two votes for that CB out of Louisville. While they all have us passing on Wynn or Williams to beef up the line? Doesn't make a ton of sense.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-17-2018, 11:15 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't like any of their mocks. Chark, Moore and then two votes for that CB out of Louisville. While they all have us passing on Wynn or Williams to beef up the line? Doesn't make a ton of sense.
This shows that no one has any clue what the Jags are going to do. I have a hard time believing they will go WR in round 1.

(04-17-2018, 11:03 AM)Dimson Wrote: Chark sounds an awful like R.J. Soward.

How so?

Soward was 5-11 at best and clearly a slot WR.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...waR.00.htm

Chark measures in at 6-3 and works outside.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/d.j.-chark...2ae612016b

Soward had a ton of character issues. 

I've seen no such character red flags for Chark.

I can see you not wanting to go WR at 29.  I can see you not wanting Chark at 29.

But I don't see the Soward comparison at all. 

Please enlighten me.

(04-17-2018, 11:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

How so?

I can see you not wanting to go WR at 29.  I can see you not wanting Chark at 29.

Please enlighten me.

I was just looking at the really fast, deep threat part.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-17-2018, 11:33 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 11:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote: How so?

Please enlighten me.

I was just looking at the really fast, deep threat part.

Ahh..gotcha.

(04-17-2018, 11:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 11:15 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't like any of their mocks. Chark, Moore and then two votes for that CB out of Louisville. While they all have us passing on Wynn or Williams to beef up the line? Doesn't make a ton of sense.
This shows that no one has any clue what the Jags are going to do. I have a hard time believing they will go WR in round 1.

I agree they've done a great job of not giving a hint of what they're going to do with the pick.  Their offseason moves have helped patch holes even if temporary to hide their hand.

I can easily see WR being in the mix, but zero certainty they'll do it.  Unless we know how confident Caldwell is in what he's got in hand, we won't know.

I am, however, confident in Caldwell if he does choose a WR.  That's arguably his strongest draft position, going back to his days elsewhere.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I still think TE or OL are the strongest possibilities at #29 but they've given themselves enough insurance in FA to do whatever they want there.

I love Chark. He's my favorite WR in the draft, but I'd still be ticked off, because as long as Bortles is the starting QB, there's no point in spending a high pick on a receiver. We will continue to be a predominantly running team.

You gave me an aneurysm trying to imagine a more awful R. J. Soward...
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(04-17-2018, 11:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I still think TE or OL are the strongest possibilities at #29 but they've given themselves enough insurance in FA to do whatever they want there.
Agreed. If Williams, Wynn or Hernandez are there at 29, I think they're the pick.

Many folks are focusing on RG but I'd probably rather a RT with the first pick.

(04-17-2018, 12:10 PM)pirkster Wrote: Many folks are focusing on RG but I'd probably rather a RT with the first pick.

A right tackle that will play RG for a year or two before replacing Parnell seems to be a very common suggestion in a number of threads here.  Seems a pretty popular option. 

I think it will basically come down to which prospect falls to the pick. Could be a pure guard, could be a tackle with guard ability, could be a Center who would either play guard or move Linder over. 
Whichever of those three types that is there with the highest grade would fit the bill. 

If you are suggesting upgrading Parnell as a higher priority to upgrading AJ Cann, then I just don't see it. 
Cann is a liability in the run game much more so than Parnell to my eye. And I think that's the area they're focused on.

Hard pass on a receiver or Hayden Hurst in the first.

I think they will LOVE Crosby at guard with the potential to move out to RT. Monster run blocker and ticks every box that we want. Would worry a little about his development with the position switch but Flaherty would alleviate some of my concerns.

(04-17-2018, 12:10 PM)pirkster Wrote: Many folks are focusing on RG but I'd probably rather a RT with the first pick.

(04-17-2018, 12:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

A right tackle that will play RG for a year or two before replacing Parnell seems to be a very common suggestion in a number of threads here.  Seems a pretty popular option. 

I think it will basically come down to which prospect falls to the pick. Could be a pure guard, could be a tackle with guard ability, could be a Center who would either play guard or move Linder over. 
Whichever of those three types that is there with the highest grade would fit the bill. 

If you are suggesting upgrading Parnell as a higher priority to upgrading AJ Cann, then I just don't see it. 
Cann is a liability in the run game much more so than Parnell to my eye. And I think that's the area they're focused on.

(04-17-2018, 12:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: Hard pass on a receiver or Hayden Hurst in the first.

I think they will LOVE Crosby at guard with the potential to move out to RT. Monster run blocker and ticks every box that we want. Would worry a little about his development with the position switch but Flaherty would alleviate some of my concerns.

Given how TC values versatility in his OLs (see Ben Coleman; Zach Weigert), it would not be a shock to see the Jaguars take a T and play him inside the first year, as opposed to the pure G in Hernandez.

It's the long game. RT is a higher priority in the long run, and can be harder to find. Regardless... we're in a good position to take the BAP even if not a lineman. I still think it's 50% OL/ 50% other. I wouldn't mind a C, either.

(04-17-2018, 10:25 AM)Markulous Wrote: Eww.  Chark in the first and letting Wynn go by?  I'd throw up my buffalo wild wings right there.

Yup, draft Chark in the 1st round is a reach.  You can get a Chark type of receiver every draft year, nothing special about him.  Look at the tape, he's route tree is limited mainly vertical and he looks physically weak, upper body wise.

Wynn in the 1st and Chubb in the 2nd to go with the smash mouth, ball control, nasty defense mantra.  Or this draft is a bust.