Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Daniel Jeremiah Mock 3.0

(04-19-2018, 02:42 PM)Markulous Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 02:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: How did he test better? Chark had a better 40 time, a longer broad jump and a much higher vertical. Hamilton is the much better route runner and is suited to the slot, but Chark appears to be more of a big play receiver.

You put that kid with a reliable QB and he has the potential to be the next Julio Jones.

Sheesh, this hype is getting out of control.  Julio Jones, cmon.  He's nowhere near Julio was as a prospect.

I didn't say he was gonna be Julio Jones, I said he had the potential to be the next Julio Jones. He has to go to the right team for this to happen. He'd never reach that potential here with Bortles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-19-2018, 05:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 02:42 PM)Markulous Wrote: Sheesh, this hype is getting out of control.  Julio Jones, cmon.  He's nowhere near Julio was as a prospect.

I didn't say he was gonna be Julio Jones, I said he had the potential to be the next Julio Jones. He has to go to the right team for this to happen. He'd never reach that potential here with Bortles.
You realize in the history of the NFL, there has only been one WR like Julio. And that’s Julio.

I don’t think you’ll ever see another one like him.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 09:03 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

(04-19-2018, 06:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 05:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I didn't say he was gonna be Julio Jones, I said he had the potential to be the next Julio Jones. He has to go to the right team for this to happen. He'd never reach that potential here with Bortles.
You realize in the history of the NFL, there has only been one WR like Julio. And that’s Julio.

I don’t think you’ll ever see another one like him.

Julio isn't all that, he dropped that pass against the eagles in the playoffs, he choked. He's gone vegan, so he'll lose muscle mass, strength and explosivness, he's done soon.

(04-19-2018, 02:24 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Oline, not Penn State..just Penn

http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/03/pen...peed-draft

A 4.42 is not "just as fast" as Chark.

Nfldraftscout is a great place for combine/pro-day numbers. As for their 40-yard dash times, here's what they list...

• Justin Watson - fastest 40: 4.38 ... slowest 40: 4.54 ... adjusted/official 40: 4.44
  • DJ Chark - fastest 40: 4.27 ... slowest 40: 4.40 ... adjusted/official 40: 4.34

'02

So that 1 tenth of a second is worth a 3 round gap???? Plus Watson is 25 pounds heavier than Chark with the same vertical hahaha but Chark has potential because he's an LSU WR that had a bad QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-20-2018, 01:02 AM)ColoJag Wrote: So that 1 tenth of a second is worth a 3 round gap???? Plus Watson is 25 pounds heavier than Chark with the same vertical hahaha but Chark has potential because he's an LSU WR that had a bad QB.

Half the league runs a 4.44. Running a 4.34 gives you an edge over them.

Beyond that, larger schools mean larger competition.

'02

(04-20-2018, 02:35 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 01:02 AM)ColoJag Wrote: So that 1 tenth of a second is worth a 3 round gap???? Plus Watson is 25 pounds heavier than Chark with the same vertical hahaha but Chark has potential because he's an LSU WR that had a bad QB.

Half the league runs a 4.44. Running a 4.34 gives you an edge over them.

So why do you think Chark can put up good numbers in the NFL if he can't in the SEC?

(04-20-2018, 06:11 AM)ColoJag Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 02:35 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Half the league runs a 4.44. Running a 4.34 gives you an edge over them.

So why do you think Chark can put up good numbers in the NFL if he can't in the SEC?

It's hard for a receiver to put up numbers with a horrible QB. 

QB is the one position that has kept LSU from winning more national championships.  Chark was saddled with a few during his time there.

While there is a lot that goes into player success at the NFL level, including scheme, surrounding talent, health, etc., it is unlikely Chark will end up with a team with a QB as bad as the QBs he played with at LSU.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!