Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Daniel Jeremiah Mock 3.0

Well ever since DC has been in charge the guy we drafted in the 1st round has had a private visit with us. Anybody got a list of who all has been to Jax? Not a meeting with them but them actually coming and touring the facilities

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 04:23 PM by brianmsbc.)

Yeah lets get a 5th wide receiver when we could get a stud starter at RG... ugh

(04-17-2018, 12:52 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 10:25 AM)Markulous Wrote: Eww.  Chark in the first and letting Wynn go by?  I'd throw up my buffalo wild wings right there.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...m=referral

Yup, draft Chark in the 1st round is a reach.  You can get a Chark type of receiver every draft year, nothing special about him.  Look at the tape, he's route tree is limited mainly vertical and he looks physically weak, upper body wise.

Wynn in the 1st and Chubb in the 2nd to go with the smash mouth, ball control, nasty defense mantra.  Or this draft is a bust.

Chubb or Royce will be there in the 3rd... lets go TE in the 2nd

(04-17-2018, 11:03 AM)Dimson Wrote: Chark sounds an awful like R.J. Soward.

As long as he's not a drunk like Soward, I love it. Soward was dominant in practice before being waived. 
'02

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 05:47 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

(04-17-2018, 04:15 PM)I\m ColoJag Wrote: Well ever since DC has been in charge the guy we drafted in the 1st round has had a private visit with us. Anybody got a list of who all has been to Jax? Not a meeting with them but them actually coming and touring the facilities
Walterfootball had a list. We been meeting with a lot of linebackers and TEs. None of the Oline players we have been discussing on this board past months are on it really.

(04-17-2018, 05:42 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 04:15 PM)I\m ColoJag Wrote: Well ever since DC has been in charge the guy we drafted in the 1st round has had a private visit with us. Anybody got a list of who all has been to Jax? Not a meeting with them but them actually coming and touring the facilities
Walterfootball has a list. We been meeting with a lot of linebackers and TEs. None of the Oline players we have been discussing on this board past months are on it really.

(04-17-2018, 04:15 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Well ever since DC has been in charge the guy we drafted in the 1st round has had a private visit with us. Anybody got a list of who all has been to Jax? Not a meeting with them but them actually coming and touring the facilities

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/tyre...id=2559836

Goedert
Tyrell Crosby
Ian Thomas
Mark Andrews 
Orlando Brown
Rashaan Evans
Ronnie Harrison
Hayden Hurst
Daurice Fountain
Billy Price 
Will Richardson

Not a complete list ^ but it's most of the notables

(04-17-2018, 05:21 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 11:03 AM)Dimson Wrote: Chark sounds an awful like R.J. Soward.

As long as he's not a drunk like Soward, I love it. Soward was dominant in practice before being waived. 

I remember attending practice during Soward's rookie season.

For those of you who were not Jaguars fans then or who do not remember, the practice fields were where Daily's Place currently sits, on the south end of the stadium between the stadium and the river.

The way it was set up, the practice fields were behind a fence, and on the other side were stands that were relatively close to the fields.

The Jaguars had a joint practice against the Saints that featured a pretty good fight.

Soward's speed and quickness stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-17-2018, 07:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 05:21 PM)Jags02 Wrote: As long as he's not a drunk like Soward, I love it. Soward was dominant in practice before being waived. 

I remember attending practice during Soward's rookie season.

For those of you who were not Jaguars fans then or who do not remember, the practice fields were where Daily's Place currently sits, on the south end of the stadium between the stadium and the river.

The way it was set up, the practice fields were behind a fence, and on the other side were stands that were relatively close to the fields.

The Jaguars had a joint practice against the Saints that featured a pretty good fight.

We have a sad history of drafting first round alcoholic wide receivers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-17-2018, 07:21 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 07:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I remember attending practice during Soward's rookie season.

We have a sad history of drafting first round alcoholic wide receivers.

Yes we do, and Soward started it all.

But for the Soward bust, we likely would not have drafted Reggie Williams and Matt Jones.

But for the Williams and Jones busts, we likely would not have drafted Justin Blackmon.

Arguably, that one missed pick (Soward) set this team back fourteen years, because we didn't draft a good WR until Allen Robinson in 2014.  There's no telling what other positions we would have strengthened if we didn't have to invest so much at WR.

(04-17-2018, 07:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 07:21 PM)Dimson Wrote: We have a sad history of drafting first round alcoholic wide receivers.

Yes we do, and Soward started it all.

But for the Soward bust, we likely would not have drafted Reggie Williams and Matt Jones.

But for the Williams and Jones busts, we likely would not have drafted Justin Blackmon.

Arguably, that one missed pick (Soward) set this team back fourteen years, because we didn't draft a good WR until Allen Robinson in 2014.  There's no telling what other positions we would have strengthened if we didn't have to invest so much at WR.
Oh man I forgot all about Jones and Williams. How could I forget those busts? At least Soward went on to have a career in Canada.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-17-2018, 06:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 04:15 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Well ever since DC has been in charge the guy we drafted in the 1st round has had a private visit with us. Anybody got a list of who all has been to Jax? Not a meeting with them but them actually coming and touring the facilities

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/tyre...id=2559836

Goedert
Tyrell Crosby
Ian Thomas
Mark Andrews 
Orlando Brown
Rashaan Evans
Ronnie Harrison
Hayden Hurst
Daurice Fountain
Billy Price 
Will Richardson

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/4/17/...le-jaguars

Based off the list it would be between: Hurst,Goedert,Evans, Price,Brown, and Crosby

(04-17-2018, 07:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 06:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/tyre...id=2559836

Goedert
Tyrell Crosby
Ian Thomas
Mark Andrews 
Orlando Brown
Rashaan Evans
Ronnie Harrison
Hayden Hurst
Daurice Fountain
Billy Price 
Will Richardson

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/4/17/...le-jaguars

Questionable list. I remember Lamar Jackson himself saying he met with the Jags at the combine.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Ya Knarnn but we didn't bring him in for a visit of Duval and we've only drafted a guy the 1st round if they've done that

(04-17-2018, 10:49 AM)Bullseye Wrote: We have to find a way to get that 8th guy out of the box.

Put 3 WR on the field. Any 3 WR. That's all.

(04-17-2018, 11:33 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 11:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote: How so?

Soward was 5-11 at best and clearly a slot WR.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...waR.00.htm

Chark measures in at 6-3 and works outside.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/d.j.-chark...2ae612016b

Soward had a ton of character issues. 

I've seen no such character red flags for Chark.

I can see you not wanting to go WR at 29.  I can see you not wanting Chark at 29.

But I don't see the Soward comparison at all. 

Please enlighten me.

I was just looking at the really fast, deep threat part.
We’ve got those potential guys o
n the roster. Their names are Westbrook, Cole and Moncrief. Let them prove themselves before adding another unproven candidate to the mix.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-18-2018, 01:39 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 10:49 AM)Bullseye Wrote: We have to find a way to get that 8th guy out of the box.

Not when a team has 3 good corners and will run man, the safeties still gonna come down with no fear of the WR beating them over the top of they have faith in their corners.  Cole and Dede might make them think twice about it this year though.  Last year it was 2 rookies and Lee.

(04-18-2018, 12:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 01:39 AM)Upper Wrote: Put 3 WR on the field. Any 3 WR. That's all.

Not when a team has 3 good corners and will run man, the safeties still gonna come down with no fear of the WR beating them over the top of they have faith in their corners.  Cole and Dede might make them think twice about it this year though.  Last year it was 2 rookies and Lee.

There is no team in the league that is putting 3 corners out on an island consistently vs 11 personnel, sorry. Maybe rarely on short yardage downs. Even last year on the far too uncommon times we ran 11 personnel we were facing nickel defenses pretty much every time.

(04-18-2018, 08:18 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 12:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not when a team has 3 good corners and will run man, the safeties still gonna come down with no fear of the WR beating them over the top of they have faith in their corners.  Cole and Dede might make them think twice about it this year though.  Last year it was 2 rookies and Lee.

There is no team in the league that is putting 3 corners out on an island consistently vs 11 personnel, sorry. Maybe rarely on short yardage downs. Even last year on the far too uncommon times we ran 11 personnel we were facing nickel defenses pretty much every time.

Where did I say a team does that consistently?  To say that  putting 3 WR on the field will get the 8th man out of the box is a false statement though.  They had 8 guys in the box a lot of times when they ran nickel, so what?

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 09:45 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-17-2018, 10:14 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 07:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/4/17/...le-jaguars

Questionable list. I remember Lamar Jackson himself saying he met with the Jags at the combine.

I missed that.

(04-18-2018, 01:39 AM)Upper Wrote:

So anything other than a 3-4 WR set will guarantee an 8th guy in the box?

That's not good at all.

If we lined up in 21 (2 RBs 1 TE), we need to be good enough at WR to keep that 8th guy out of the box.

If we lined up in 12 (1 RB-2TE), even though that is a predominantly run look, we still need to be good enough at WR to keep that 8th guy out of the box, some of the time.

(04-19-2018, 09:41 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 10:14 PM)knarnn Wrote: Questionable list. I remember Lamar Jackson himself saying he met with the Jags at the combine.

I missed that.

(04-18-2018, 01:39 AM)Upper Wrote: Put 3 WR on the field. Any 3 WR. That's all.

So anything other than a 3-4 WR set will guarantee an 8th guy in the box?

That's not good at all.

If we lined up in 21 (2 RBs 1 TE), we need to be good enough at WR to keep that 8th guy out of the box.

If we lined up in 12 (1 RB-2TE), even though that is a predominantly run look, we still need to be good enough at WR to keep that 8th guy out of the box, some of the time.

Even with a good receiver most teams will play an 8 man box Vs those formations.  

What may help us out a lot is having two TEs who can create mismatches in the pass game and hurt teams from those formations. Also having a true pass catching H-Back type who can block a little would allow us to manipulate the defense how we see fit.