Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Camp Grunt?

Seriously, I thought it was a joke. Then I went to their web site. This is a football stadium, not a nationalist propaganda event. I come from a military family, Navy. I grew up around the Navy. I respect our vets and support the military but this hyper patriotism that surrounds the NFL is really something that really smacks of stuff that worries me. I was really offended by some of their (Grunt's) apparel, especially the one of our flag composed of bullets and hand grenades, lovely. Red, white and blue skulls, nice. "The skulls of you enemy are dishwasher safe". There's quite a large number of other equally offensive slogans.  Seems like the only "Right" they seem to care about is a part of the second. There are a number of other rights in case people have forgotten, these people seem to have certainly. Sorry Jags. I think was a dumb move.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I agree. Particularly when that group are making controversial political videos.

Unfortunately the Jags now seem like they will do anything for a buck. I'm sorry, this is just not right. If I had a son or daughter that is one place in the stadium that I would avoid at all costs. It really is sick. I'm sorry, there's just no other word for it. Mr. Kahn what are you thinking? I had a lot of respect for you but it is falling fast.

Hope not to offend anyone because I have great respect for our veterans and countrymen but these guys kinda seem like the [BLEEP] military guys. I like more of the clean and standup guys rather then hold my gun in the air and drink some beer guys. Thats just me

I grew up in the '90s when this kind of thing was normal.

What happened to our country in such a short span of time?

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 08:27 AM by Brett.)

Can someone explain more what you guys are talking about? I didn't get to watch the whole State of the Franchise. Also not living down in Jacksonville either.

Just go to Gruntgear.com. The Jags have partnered with this company and are reconfiguring the north end zone for their store.

(04-20-2018, 07:36 AM)JPK Wrote:  "The skulls of you enemy are dishwasher safe". There's quite a large number of other equally offensive slogans.  

How are you offended by that slogan?  I can understand people who don't like macho alpha male attitude.  I can understand people who dont like overt patriotism.  But offended?  Maybe it's just semantics but I dont see how someone is offended by that slogan.  If this company sold gear that was the exact opposite.... "We hold hands and frolic in the meadows with our enemies"..... I woudnt be offended.  I'd think it's dumb and wouldnt buy their stuff.  

But I do agree that I'm surprised they went this route just from the pure business aspect.  I know lots of people who would cringe at the idea of wearing this kind of gear and may get turned off.  And in our modern culture of being offended over everything somewhat controversial, seems like a somewhat risky move for the team.  

Also, how long before this gets moved to the political board.... over/under set at noon!

Still a little confused about what this Camp Grunt is for our endzone and why people are upset but I looked up their website and this shirt is awesome. I might want one.

[Image: 19-Feb-2018_3600_Front_WEB_READY_Duuuval...1524147588]

Unfortunately, in today's age, this is not going to sit well with some fans. I think either this company will need to limit some of their product or the Jags will be forced to  cut ties with them. This could easily become a national story. I'm surprised the Jaguars would partner with them without attempting to cull some of the more "extreme" t-shirts. Three shirts stand out more than the others:

X Lives Matter
#WeAllBleedRed

The fastest way to a man's heart is 2970 ft per second (with an AR-15)

Drain the Swamp: With Presidential Strength

While it could be argued that the first is supposed to be a positive message, it is still a relatively taboo subject. The next is a political hot topic with the Parkland shooting still fresh in everyone's minds. The last is overtly political. The rest (that I saw) are a matter of taste. While, not my style, don't bother me. Imo, you don't want to let personal taste get in the way of sponsors, but you do  want to limit messages that might alienate a part of your fan base. I am all for free speech, but this does not seem like a shrewd business decision by the Jags.

Yup, Fanduelville deck was a place to chill out, relax, drink and watch football. Now they converted it to like some Call of Duty Modern Warfare museum. Lame, just like the dog park. Wonder what's next for some business to setup shop in and around the stadium to jump on the Jaguars-their-good-now-bandwagon to make an extra buck

Why is this an issue? Since when is pride in country a bad thing? And “hyper patriotism” in the NFL? Really? I guess that’s what the phrase is for the kneeling of the National anthem now?
Jacksonville is a huge military town, I don’t think I need to iterate that for anyone who lives in the area. It seems as if the Jaguars are catering to the military. It’s a smart business move in my opinion.
Yes Grunt Style has borderline offensive shirts, it’s called irreverent humor and anyone who’s ever done anytime on deployment or serious time at sea knows that it’s the humor that gets you through the stress.

Here’s a suggestion;
If you don’t like it, don’t wear it. It’s that simple.

Signed,
Hyper patriotic, red, white, and blue waving, grunt style T-shirt wearing, bald eagle of freedom riding, founding father loving veteran.

(04-20-2018, 08:40 AM)Brett Wrote: Still a little confused about what this Camp Grunt is for our endzone and why people are upset but I looked up their website and this shirt is awesome. I might want one.

The business risk is the politics.  Anything overtly patriotic is an act of aggression for some.  That particular shirt you referenced is harmless but some of the other shirts may turn people off.  For example the one referenced above where the US flag is filled out with bullets.  That smacks of political rhetoric in a time when the gun debate has been ramped up more than usual.

Even something as silly as the Gadsen Rattlers shirt will turn off people.  I think that one is harmless and kinda fun.  I'd probably wear that on 4th of july.  But again, for some, wearing that shirt is a political statement.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 08:50 AM by Brett.)

So if I'm understanding right, the Jaguars are partnering with this apparel company to create an environment on one of the stadium ends? I guess I'm still a little lost as to what kind of environment this will be and why it's upsetting people?

(04-20-2018, 08:47 AM)rfc17 Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 08:40 AM)Brett Wrote: Still a little confused about what this Camp Grunt is for our endzone and why people are upset but I looked up their website and this shirt is awesome. I might want one.

The business risk is the politics.  Anything overtly patriotic is an act of aggression for some.  That particular shirt you referenced is harmless but some of the other shirts may turn people off.  For example the one referenced above where the US flag is filled out with bullets.  That smacks of political rhetoric in a time when the gun debate has been ramped up more than usual.

Even something as silly as the Gadsen Rattlers shirt will turn off people.  I think that one is harmless and kinda fun.  I'd probably wear that on 4th of july.  But again, for some, wearing that shirt is a political statement.

Ok thanks, I understand that part now. So how exactly are we partnering with them? Creating what kind of environment in the endzone? Like selling their shirts or something?

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 09:00 AM by JPK.)

This is a football stadium. The game of football is played in it, ok? What does the presence of this vendor have to do with promoting the game and enjoyment of the game? What is so hard to understand? To be honest, I find it obscene to have this vendor at a football stadium. There are little kids around. Why don't they open a store at St. John's Town Center, maybe next to the Apple Store or maybe Toys R Us? But, I'm just voicing my opinion. If you like their overpriced crap go spend your money on it. I think the Jags stepped in it with this partnership.

And for those that think this is a political thing they are wrong. I support the 2nd. I just think there are places that are appropriate for different subject matters. What if the Bud Zone became a topless club. There are some people that would like that. Would it be appropriate, no. Not at a football stadium.

Many young "men" have unfortunately become beta soy.

T is so low our species is at risk.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-20-2018, 09:10 AM)pirkster Wrote: Many young "men" have unfortunately become beta soy.

I'm sorry, if you equate that with being a "man" you are so far off the mark. Those people aren't patriots, they are sadists.

[Image: 19-Feb-2018_3600_Front_WEB_READY_Duuuval...1524147588]

I've already ordered one.

(04-20-2018, 09:15 AM)JPK Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:10 AM)pirkster Wrote: Many young "men" have unfortunately become beta soy.

I'm sorry, if you equate that with being a "man" you are so far off the mark. Those people aren't patriots, they are sadists.

Nah, brah, you're a snowflake and a classic example of one.

You're frigging offended by a t-shirt. Or offended that a business is allowing another business to pay their business to do business in their building. You're a snowflake.

I don't care about the apparel.

Just a weird branding decision. Grunt style are set on being outspoken on social media with controversial political opinions. They even interacted with some fans yesterday in that manner.