Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A great Twitter Thread on Kolton Miller

Including some analysis by former NFL OL Geoff Schwartz.

https://twitter.com/VeteranScout/status/...6730098688

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

IMO, he has the best chance of being an elite LT out of all of the tackles in the draft, a lot of risk though.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 11:43 AM by pirkster.)

I get a little suspicious when I see this kind of analysis, but in this case I give him benefit of the doubt since he calls it a "persistent" issue.  That suggests he sees this routinely on tape.

Otherwise, when I played and wanted to get advantage on a tricky player - I would sometimes purposefully step with the wrong foot hoping he would overreact, then recover my base and catch him off balance.  Risky if he doesn't bite.

I don't think that's what the player is trying to do here based on the "persistent" comment, but just an example of where we don't always have enough information on a single play.  Sometimes a player will go against convention/coaching when trying to win the one on one battle.  That's a nuance that can be hard to pick up with a small sample size, but it would seem the analyst truly did find a trait or bad habit here.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 11:47 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-20-2018, 11:23 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: IMO, he has the best chance of being an elite LT out of all of the tackles in the draft, a lot of risk though.

Well, if you examine the full thread, there's some doubt about his viability as a LT.

Almost a "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" sort of analysis.

(04-20-2018, 11:42 AM)pirkster Wrote: I get a little suspicious when I see this kind of analysis, but in this case I give him benefit of the doubt since he calls it a "persistent" issue.  That suggests he sees this routinely on tape.

Otherwise, when I played and wanted to get advantage on a tricky player - I would sometimes purposefully step with the wrong foot hoping he would overreact, then recover my base and catch him off balance.  Risky if he doesn't bite.

I don't think that's what the player is trying to do here based on the "persistent" comment, but just an example of where we don't always have enough information on a single play.  Sometimes a player will go against convention/coaching when trying to win the one on one battle.  That's a nuance that can be hard to pick up with a small sample size, but it would seem the analyst truly did find a trait or bad habit here.

If you examine the whole thread, you will see numerous plays from different angles detailing this with Miller.

Overall, this doesn't seem to be a good LT class. Usually there are a couple guys pushing themselves to the top of the first due to how premium the position is.

Not seeing any in this draft get that kind of backing/hype.

(04-20-2018, 12:03 PM)pirkster Wrote: Overall, this doesn't seem to be a good LT class.  Usually there are a couple guys pushing themselves to the top of the first due to how premium the position is.

Not seeing any in this draft get that kind of backing/hype.

No.  The sense I've gotten all off season is that its stronger at G than it is at T.

The best LT prospect seems to be McGlinchey, and there is considerable question about his viability to play LT and whether he is best suited for the right side.

This is why I think the Patriots are interesting this year.  They have had good LT play throughout Brady's tenure there. 

Depending on what happens in this draft, this will be one of the few years Brady will be vulnerable from his blind side.

I'm a huge UCLA fan, but not a fan of Miller. He plays too high and lacks strength. I've seen him really get bullied. He reminds me way too much of Joeckel. If the Browns draft Allen, Barkley and Miller, I'll laugh my butt off!

(04-20-2018, 12:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm a huge UCLA fan, but not a fan of Miller. He plays too high and lacks strength. I've seen him really get bullied. He reminds me way too much of Joeckel. If the Browns draft Allen, Barkley and Miller, I'll laugh my butt off!

Not to hijack the thread, but if the "rumors" about the Browns drafting two QBs are remotely true (that they'd even consider it) then it could be that they aren't decided or don't have a preference.

If that's the case, I see them taking Barkley first overall, and let the guys at 2 and 3 help pare down their decision pool for the QB they like at 4.

That would be very Browns.

(04-20-2018, 12:35 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 12:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm a huge UCLA fan, but not a fan of Miller. He plays too high and lacks strength. I've seen him really get bullied. He reminds me way too much of Joeckel. If the Browns draft Allen, Barkley and Miller, I'll laugh my butt off!

Not to hijack the thread, but if the "rumors" about the Browns drafting two QBs are remotely true (that they'd even consider it) then it could be that they aren't decided or don't have a preference.

If that's the case, I see them taking Barkley first overall, and let the guys at 2 and 3 help pare down their decision pool for the QB they like at 4.

That would be funny on any number of levels, but as desperate as the Browns are for a QB, it almost makes sense for them.

(04-20-2018, 12:35 PM)pirkster Wrote:

I went to the Browns board this morning just to see what the mood was and they seem convinced that the Josh Allen stuff is all media hype. They and their local media, seem steadfast that they will be taking Darnold, but one guy seems to believe Mayfield is in the mix as well. I have a feeling if they select Allen, the fans are going to riot. There is a lot of hate for him on that board.

I don't see him going high despite the rumors swirling around today. This tackle class is weak, but it's not so weak he becomes a first round pick.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 12:56 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-20-2018, 12:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 12:35 PM)pirkster Wrote: Not to hijack the thread, but if the "rumors" about the Browns drafting two QBs are remotely true (that they'd even consider it) then it could be that they aren't decided or don't have a preference.

I went to the Browns board this morning just to see what the mood was and they seem convinced that the Josh Allen stuff is all media hype. They and their local media, seem steadfast that they will be taking Darnold, but one guy seems to believe Mayfield is in the mix as well. I have a feeling if they select Allen, the fans are going to riot. There is a lot of hate for him on that board.

I'm not a fan of his, either.  Physically he checks all of the boxes, but he hasn't put it together, and I'm not sure he will.

(04-20-2018, 12:51 PM)Markulous Wrote: I don't see him going high despite the rumors swirling around today.  This tackle class is weak, but it's not so weak he becomes a first round pick.

What rumors?

I think Miller would be decent value where NE is picking.

(04-20-2018, 12:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 12:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I went to the Browns board this morning just to see what the mood was and they seem convinced that the Josh Allen stuff is all media hype. They and their local media, seem steadfast that they will be taking Darnold, but one guy seems to believe Mayfield is in the mix as well. I have a feeling if they select Allen, the fans are going to riot. There is a lot of hate for him on that board.

I'm not a fan of his, either.  Physically he checks all of the boxes, but he hasn't put it together, and I'm not sure he will.

(04-20-2018, 12:51 PM)Markulous Wrote: I don't see him going high despite the rumors swirling around today.  This tackle class is weak, but it's not so weak he becomes a first round pick.

What rumors?

Today, they were saying he could go top 10 and be the first tackle off of the board.

(04-20-2018, 02:21 PM)Markulous Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 12:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm not a fan of his, either.  Physically he checks all of the boxes, but he hasn't put it together, and I'm not sure he will.

What rumors?

Today, they were saying he could go top 10 and be the first tackle off of the board.

That would be one of the biggest reaches of the last 10 years.

(04-20-2018, 02:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 02:21 PM)Markulous Wrote: Today, they were saying he could go top 10 and be the first tackle off of the board.

Agreed.  I think it's all BS though, like most draft news around this time.

I really don't see any LT prospects outside of Miller in this draft so it's not surprising if he goes top 10.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(04-20-2018, 06:23 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I really don't see any LT prospects outside of Miller in this draft so it's not surprising if he goes top 10.

I see Dan O'Neill as a true LT prospect, but not higher than mid to late 2nd round.

(04-20-2018, 06:48 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 06:23 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I really don't see any LT prospects outside of Miller in this draft so it's not surprising if he goes top 10.

I see Dan O'Neill as a true LT prospect, but not higher than mid to late 2nd round.

Someone is gonna draft Connor Williams and probably play him at OG, but IMO, he's the best pure LT in the draft. McGlinchey is probably gonna get drafted as the top overall OT and play him at LT, but I see him as a RT. I believe the sleeper in this class who may turn out to be the best LT in this draft, very well could be Brandon Parker of North Carolina A&T. He was like a brick wall at the Senior Bowl.

(04-20-2018, 02:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 02:21 PM)Markulous Wrote: Today, they were saying he could go top 10 and be the first tackle off of the board.

Almost as bad as Ereck Flowers. Nothing can touch that though.