Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is the Most Irreplaceable Player on this Team?

I was watching some tape of the Jaguars last season yesterday (thank you schedule release for hyping me up) and Telvin Smith really stood out consistently. I think he's the player we can least afford to lose for the year. The DL is also really talented, but we have stellar depth all the way throughout it. I think 2nd would be Linder, and 3rd Leonard Fournette.

Who do you think is the most irreplaceable player on our team this year?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is a great discussion.

I also don't want to know what our secondary would be like without Ramsey.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

That's a good question.

Actually very reassuring to go through the team and find it hard to pick anyone who would truly devastate us if we lost them.

As we are right now it would be Bouye or Ramsey for me. Largest gap between what they bring Vs any replacement we have.

1. Ramsey
2. Smith
3. Bouye

Bortles

Great discussion. The addition of Ramsey was arguably the biggest and most influential piece. The defensive dynamic is predicated on him. A close second would be a Telvin/Jack mix. Honestly, last off-season and even the first couple of games I would have been down on both of them. The last few weeks was a much different outlook. Telvin was tackling consistently, but Myles was without a doubt the most improved player. The dude was flat out ballin'! I'm certain he hasn't even scratched the surface.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I think if we lose Bortles to a season ending injury we would be in trouble. Although I do like Kessler

Smith, Ramsey, Ngakoue, Jack and Bouye would all be sorely missed if they were out of the line-up.
I know there are varying schools of thought on Jack, but the number of impact plays he made in 2017 was significant and figures to increase IMO.

Bortles makes some sense to mention as well. ATM - we have very little knowledge of what would happen in his stead. Though the run game should make back-up life easier for Kessler or whomever it turns out to be.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 12:45 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

1. Jalen Ramsey
2. A.J. Bouye
3. Telvin Smith
4. Yannick Ngakoue
5. Calais Campbell
6. Marcell Dareus
7. Myles Jack
8. Malik Jackson
9. Brandon Linder
10. Leonard Fournette

Ramsey hands down
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(04-20-2018, 12:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think if we lose Bortles to a season ending injury we would be in trouble.  Although I do like Kessler

I honestly don't think we'd lose much given that we are a run first team with a superb defense. Hopefully, we can get a major upgrade at QB via the draft and ease your mind.  Smile

(04-20-2018, 12:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Smith, Ramsey, Ngakoue, Jack and Bouye would all be sorely missed if they were out of the line-up.
I know there are varying schools of thought on Jack, but the number of impact plays he made in 2017 was significant and figures to increase IMO.

Bortles makes some sense to mention as well.  ATM - we have very little knowledge of what would happen in his stead. Though the run game should make back-up life easier for Kessler or whomever it turns out to be.

Jack evolved into a big play/clutch guy in 2017.

Consistent, high motor that can give a key play when it's needed.

And he's still not down.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Josh Lambo. He might in the mix for Offensive Player of the Year for 2018

Telvin or Ramsey.

Telvin seems more mature. He is a leader.

But....why not both ???

A lot of this depends on the draft. But as of now, I'd have to say:

1) Smith
2) Ramsey/Bouye
3) Bortles/

Reasoning - The speed and ability of our LBs keep at bay some of the troubles we've had with TE's in the past; while being major playmakers on our defense. Also, the depth of the position is very low. Loss of our corners would make our QB pressure much less effective. If we lost either of Ramsey/Bouye, our defense would suffer a lot. And there is a huge question mark with regards to QB after Bortles. But again, this may be addressed in the draft.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(04-20-2018, 12:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think if we lose Bortles to a season ending injury we would be in trouble. Although I do like Kessler

What if we draft a QB? Would you still feel that way? (I'm guessing it depends on the QB)

Ramsey and Smith.

Hard to say. Telvin missed 2 games last year without much issue, but we did have Poz still.

Our depth behind Ramsey/Bouye with AC gone is worrisome. But when Ramsey got ejected for half a game we didn't drop off much. Granted we took out their best WR in the process.

We won every game Fournette missed.

I really don't know if I can pick one. Probably one of Jack/Telvin now that Poz is gone. At least at this point in time.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Don Juan Carey

(04-20-2018, 02:21 PM)jjgator Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 12:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think if we lose Bortles to a season ending injury we would be in trouble.  Although I do like Kessler

What if we draft a QB? Would you still feel that way? (I'm guessing it depends on the QB)

Depends on who we draft