Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MSN Most likely players to be traded during the draft

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/12-...tp&ffid=gz

Saw Tannehill, Foles, Gronk, Ansah, and Clay Matthews on the list... any chance the jags make a move for one of these players?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd say highly unlikely.

Doubt it. I think we're done on player moves and will be focusing on drafting players and possibly moving up or down.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I'd love to get Foles, but the price tag will be way too high.

(04-20-2018, 02:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd love to get Foles, but the price tag will be way too high.

Or even Tannehill. But again, high price

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 02:40 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Gronk will retire if he gets traded. He's about to do it now playing with Brady. You really think he'll play if his new QB is someone like Tyrod or Josh McCown? (Just naming random qbs)
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-20-2018, 02:15 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 02:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd love to get Foles, but the price tag will be way too high.

Not bashing you but just curious...why would you even want Tannehill? I wouldn't want him. I know he has been injured a lot but when he is healthy, he doesn't seem to show anything that would deem it a good decision to give up value for him.

Tannehill? Isn't he just a non-durable Bortles?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(04-20-2018, 02:48 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Tannehill?  Isn't he just a non-durable Bortles?

I would assume as a back up

I was looking more at Clay Matthews or Ansah as an OLB... or do they only fit in a 3-4 system?

(04-20-2018, 02:15 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:

Tannehill is a good, yet not great QB with injury problems. Although I view him as a slight upgrade over Bortles when healthy, Tannehill always seems to be hurt and is unreliable. I would pass on him.

Tannehill is much more accurate than Blake, and is overall a little better. He is very close to becoming a journeyman QB tho if he doesn't produce this year. I wouldn't give much for him.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(04-20-2018, 02:40 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Gronk will retire if he gets traded. He's about to do it now playing with Brady. You really think he'll play if his new QB is someone like Tyrod or Josh McCown? (Just naming random qbs)

The NAACP and AARP Organizations are coming after you !!!

(04-21-2018, 09:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 02:40 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Gronk will retire if he gets traded. He's about to do it now playing with Brady. You really think he'll play if his new QB is someone like Tyrod or Josh McCown? (Just naming random qbs)

The NAACP and AARP Organizations are coming after you !!!

It's ok, I'm a Millennial
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2018, 10:29 PM by ATLjag.)

If the Jags get comfortable with the growth that Smoot could exhibit, it would not shock me to see them trade Fowler. I don't see them picking up the 5th year option, or signing him to a long term deal with the money his agent will demand. With a year left on his rookie deal, it would not shock me to hear TC and DC making some calls to test the trade waters.

(04-21-2018, 10:27 PM)ATLjag Wrote: If the Jags get comfortable with the growth that Smoot could exhibit, it would not shock me to see them trade Fowler.  I don't see them picking up the 5th year option, or signing him to a long term deal with the money his agent will demand.  With a year left on his rookie deal, it would not shock me to hear TC and DC making some calls to test the trade waters.

I would not be upset. We can only afford so many veteran stars on this team, and we need to start accumulating younger talent there. We NEED Smoot to develop, but we probably need a young DT that can replace Malik or Dareus. When Jack, Ramsey and Yannick get ready for a new contract we will have to replace Malik, Dareus, and Calais to afford them.

(04-22-2018, 10:15 AM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 10:27 PM)ATLjag Wrote: If the Jags get comfortable with the growth that Smoot could exhibit, it would not shock me to see them trade Fowler.  I don't see them picking up the 5th year option, or signing him to a long term deal with the money his agent will demand.  With a year left on his rookie deal, it would not shock me to hear TC and DC making some calls to test the trade waters.

I would not be upset. We can only afford so many veteran stars on this team, and we need to start accumulating younger talent there. We NEED Smoot to develop, but we probably need a young DT that can replace Malik or Dareus. When Jack, Ramsey and Yannick get ready for a new contract we will have to replace Malik, Dareus, and Calais to afford them.

They will not have to replace all of those guys and I don't think Jackson is even in the conversation unless he plays poorly in 2018 for some reason. 

I think just drafting a replacement for one of Dareus or Campbell - and also a replacement for Gipson may clear plenty of room to get all of those younger guys back in the building on new deals.

Wondering if TC might float a 7th rounder for Ereck Flowers as possible RG competition. He wasn't good at all at OT but may be worth it as a Guard.

I agree, but on the other hand, if Smoot does indeed develop, we could have Smoot, Campbell, Ngakoue, and Fowler rushing the passer with Ramsey and Bouye behind them.  I'd sure like to see that, even if it only lasts one year.

Surely Gronk might be worth a season?