Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From The Raiders Game

Quote:Just wanted to throw this out there...

[Image: yXtwuzP.gif]
After today's loss......

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Like they said the biggest voice is the wallet. ATTEMPT to sell your tickets, empty the stadium. Stop going to the games.
No offense, but if you sell your tickets to people who will go to the games, then it doesn't matter what happens. Butts will be in those seats.

Quote:No offense, but if you sell your tickets to people who will go to the games, then it doesn't matter what happens. Butts will be in those seats.

But it makes them feel better...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:In pass coverage, Amukumara had been a bright spot for us when he wasn't injured, but today, he was repeatedly exploited by a guy, who, quite frankly, is pretty average in Michael Crabtree.  Amukumara allowed a deep pass right before halftime that put the game out of reach.

I believe the phrase you're looking for is "mediocre." :thumbsup:

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Quote:Just wanted to throw this out there...

[Image: yXtwuzP.gif]

Yep, it was on that day and still is, immaturity at it's best in the NFL.

I'm waiting for the team to finally rally around each other and stick it to us fans.  They already have a bunker mentality of no appreication for what the fans have been going through for about a decade.  Sure the current players have no sense of our history nor do they care to know.  Last year they tweeted and interviewed about how much we don't know.  At least this year the guy deleted his message.

I hope they go on to the most improbable winning streak since the 1996 team but...   I don't see it with these guys.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote: 

5.  Bottom line:  I do not know Shad Khan personally.  He seems like he is calm, cool, and collected.  But for the life of me, I cannot see how he is no absolutely frothing at the mouth over this performance.  This loss encapsulates every failure of the Bradley tenure here, and is or should be, in all honesty, a fireable offense.

Can't disagree with any of your post.  In fact, I think you were perhaps too kind. 

Their is plenty of blame to be shouldered by all three units of the team and in every office of this coaching staff.  (Well, maybe not Sully Tongue )

Your frustration is warranted and likely akin to the feelings to most long time fans.  Whether or not Khan and Dave really had every intention of keeping Gus and his staff for the duration of this season regardless of record  -- one MUST think that at this point Khan's patience has been pushed to a tipping point. 

I'd welcome a staff change on October 28th and I'm typically the resident optimist around here. 

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 12:55 PM by Adam2012.)

Quote:Excellent post. I am so fed up with this team. 4 or 5 years I was off this message board with apathy towards this team... then I get drawn back in with all the talent we have FINALLY accumulated. I felt times had finally changed, the black cloud was gone... except for gus.. which I couldnt figure out why he was still here and hoped he wouldnt ruin this positivity... sure enough, this team is as bad as it has ever been even when first rebuilding. All this talent here and it doesnt show. This is the wrst coach Ive ever seen in my life in any sport at any level. He is AWFUL. The fact he still has his job makes me think that Khan is secretly trying to move this team out of jacksonville again, a theory I figured I was wrong about years ago.. but now Im not so sure again. There is no other franchise, the browns included, that would keep a [BAD WORD REMOVED] coach like tthe one we have for this long. No sane man would keep this absolute joke of a "coach".

I am done with this team again. Back to apathy and not caring and making jokes of them like everyone else. Maybe another decade will go by and they will get my hopes up again. Until then, F you jacksonville jaguars organization

Quote:Excellent post. I am so fed up with this team. 4 or 5 years I was off this message board with apathy towards this team... then I get drawn back in with all the talent we have FINALLY accumulated. I felt times had finally changed, the black cloud was gone... except for gus.. which I couldnt figure out why he was still here and hoped he wouldnt ruin this positivity... sure enough, this team is as bad as it has ever been even when first rebuilding. All this talent here and it doesnt show. This is the wrst coach Ive ever seen in my life in any sport at any level. He is AWFUL. The fact he still has his job makes me think that Khan is secretly trying to move this team out of jacksonville again, a theory I figured I was wrong about years ago.. but now Im not so sure again. There is no other franchise, the browns included, that would keep a [BAD WORD REMOVED] coach like tthe one we have for this long. No sane man would keep this absolute joke of a "coach".

I am done with this team again. Back to apathy and not caring and making jokes of them like everyone else. Maybe another decade will go by and they will get my hopes up again. Until then, F you jacksonville jaguars organization

Hey, you mean there is a positive outcome to this terrible game? Cool.

Because Krayz ... it's all about you.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

What a great read the OP was.

I haven't bothered reading much else, but I agree totally with Bullseye.

Yesterday was one of the only times in the last few years where I've felt angered by the Jags' play. I can handle losing, I'm used to it!!, but losing in such a fashion as this, I struggle to accept.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Can't disagree with any of your post.  In fact, I think you were perhaps too kind. 

Their is plenty of blame to be shouldered by all three units of the team and in every office of this coaching staff.  (Well, maybe not Sully Tongue )

Your frustration is warranted and likely akin to the feelings to most long time fans.  Whether or not Khan and Dave really had every intention of keeping Gus and his staff for the duration of this season regardless of record  -- one MUST think that at this point Khan's patience has been pushed to a tipping point. 

I'd welcome a staff change on October 28th and I'm typically the resident optimist around here. 
Twenty four hours removed from kickoff, and I am inclined to agree I may have been too kind.  But again, it was a daunting task for me to adequately express my anger with this team.

When guys like HB1148 are talking about giving away/selling the tickets for the remainder of the year, there's a huge problem.  Other long time posters are saying they no longer care.

The advocate in me likes to think I have the ability to persuade on a given topic.  Often times, despite my best efforts, there are those who find substantive basis of disagreement with me.  But I shudder to observe I have received the most lock step agreement in my 14 (?) year posting history on this board with this thread.

Coaching change October 28?

I cannot think of a compelling argument against such a change, TBH.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Yesterday was one of the only times in the last few years where I've felt angered by the Jags' play. I can handle losing, I'm used to it!!, but losing in such a fashion as this, I struggle to accept.
Exactly.

I know the guys on the other teams are professionals, have worked hard over many years to get paid the handsome salaries just like our guys.  In a competitive business like Pro Football, we're going to lose sometimes.

But the way we lost yesterday offends traditional notions of professionalism within the football context.

https://youtu.be/QGc-iPc-9dE?t=8s

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Yep, it was on that day and still is, immaturity at it's best in the NFL.

Thought it was kinda cool because I went to that game, but with how bad it's been lately, that is pretty embarrassing.
No commercial messages in sigs

Gus has lost the locker room. Not that they don't like him, they do. But there's a respect factor. When you have stupid penalties...like lining up off sides ( twice for Ramsay) get multiple penalties, including ejections , it tells me there are no consequences for those actions.

Undisciplined , uninspired play, piss poor execution is clearly a coaching issue. I wasn't on the fire Gus bandwagon. Thinking, well here we go again, need time to adjust to the changes. But it's obvious he is in way over his head.

Even little things, like knowing Del Rio would have a little extra motivation should have the team more focused.

Raiders had a lousy D. Yet these underachievers couldn't get out of their own way.

Yes. I too was totally pissed off after watching that , that, that....can't even explain it.

This team does not deserve our support. Khan may possibly still be focused on profit. ( hence the extra home games, which are critical in the NFL, still being played away) I don't know. But his standing by,watching the implosion of this backwards organization without a peep is odd to me.

I'll be saving my STH money next year. After mega years, I'm starting to hear the definition of insanity. I just can't justify spending all that money just to be angered and not a shred of entertainment.
Blakes Life Matters

The problem for me is 2015 didn't show any improvement.  We can make believe the offense had "arrived" but really it is now obvious teams played us vanilla and overall soft because they were protecting their backup QBs.

Last year's schedule was super duper soft and easy.  The team looks worse far worse this year.  Yeah, yeah the defense is playinb better but not really.  No turnovers, no fumbles and way too many mental lapses everywhere.

Honestly Gus's first year was his best.

2013 - 4 Wins against other building teams. Points Scored 247 / Points Allowed 449 (-202)

2014 - 3 Wins with a rookie QB.  Points Scored 249 / Points Allowed 412 (-163)

2015 - 5 Wins against backups, rookies and duds. Points Scored 376 / Pointes Allowed 438 (-62)

Only the players have changed.  The results are a flat line.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

i have not cared about wins or losses too much for a long time. this game got to me. it was weird. that just says how bad it was.

Quote:Exactly.

I know the guys on the other teams are professionals, have worked hard over many years to get paid the handsome salaries just like our guys.  In a competitive business like Pro Football, we're going to lose sometimes.

But the way we lost yesterday offends traditional notions of professionalism within the football context.

https://youtu.be/QGc-iPc-9dE?t=8s

Ironically, our loss yesterday reminds me of the loss/meltdown by the Raiders when they had Sapp.

Quote:Ironically, our loss yesterday reminds me of the loss/meltdown by the Raiders when they had Sapp.

I wrote that same thing in one of the other pages, agree completely

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:Please allow me to preface by providing fair warning to those who insist upon positivity in reading Jaguars related message board posts.  This board has a long tradition of Stepford Fans.  If you fall within this group that is categorically averse to negative postings regarding the Jaguars, I urge you to close this window now.  You have been given notice that you will not like what is to follow from me.  In fact, I suspect before long, a mod may be tempted to delete this posting.

I continue my preface to the readers by asserting the following guarantees.  I harbor no Raider antipathies, towards the team or the fans.  I have no obnoxious Raider fan buddy who would make my life hell because of this game.  I had nothing wagered on this game.  In fact, in the AFC South Forum, I predicted we'd lose this game.  There is nothing in my life outside of football that would cause me to lash out in anger.  I have no relationship issues, no abnormal stressors.  I do not drink, and I am not otherwise under the influence of any rage inducing substances.  What follows in this post is borne purely of the performance from today's game, and the perspective of a season ticket holder since 1995.

Finally, I feel compelled to apologize for the inadequacies of this post, though in fairness to me, I have a daunting task ahead.  A team of William Shakespeares working in three eight hour shifts working twenty four hours a day could not adequately convey the angst, revulsion and disgust stemming from this game.  Call me a bibber or self soiler if you must, place me in the category of the torch and pitchfork crowd, dismiss me as a Nattering Nabob of Negativism.  This catharsis must have life, even if brief in this forum.

During my tenure as a football fan in general and a STH for the Jaguars, I have seen some bad displays of football.  I have encountered the crushing disappointment of the AFCC game of 1999 and the morale draining seasons since 2008.  But this game marks the first time I have felt insulted by a Jaguars performance, the first time I have felt watching the team constituted a waste of time.  At least with the 44-0 loss to Detroit, qnd the 41-3 home loss to the Bears, solace could be had in the knowledge that this team was in the very beginnng stages of the franchise  in the former case, and the latter was the culmination of Gene Smith's failed rebuild.  This current roster has no such excuse for such a horrid performance.  In my mind, this as an epic display of neolithic incompetence, a damning degree of unpreparedness, and an appalling lack of focus and discipline.  My elaborations follow.

1.  During the offseason, this matchup was billed as a meeting between two up and coming teams generally, and  two young and promising QBs specifically. For whatever reasons, Bortles did not look like he belonged on the same field with Carr.  There have been myriad theories offered for Bortles' struggles.  Today, it appeared all of them have some merit.  Some, including myself, have offered that the lack of a running game has hindered his performance.  While Ivory had a nice run or two, the running game was still woefully inconsistent and did not draw in LBs underneath or deep safeties.  Others have said he is pressing, and the inexplicable throw into triple coverage ruining a chance to at least tie the game early one is an example of that,  Others have observed his mechanics are off, as evidenced by the numerous missed and inaccurate passes of open receivers like Hurns and Marcedes Lewis.  Another popular refrain places the blame at the feet of the coaches, and I certainly do not obsolve them here.  For the record, I do not want to see another bubble screen for the remainder of the year.  I'd rather the team punt than to subject themselves and the fans to such a thorough exercize in futility. The deep pass has been notably absent all year.  Why cant the intermediate and shorter routes be better utilized to move the ball after seven (7) weeks?   In the post game, FT theorized that Bortles doesn't trust his OL.  There may be some merit to that, but I saw times where he had plenty of time to throw, but was not overly decisive.  Bortles and the passing game have way too much aggregate talent to look so collectively constipated offensively.  As much as possible, the deficiencies muct be fixed and fast.

2.  The defense gets its share of the blame too.  WHile I was excited to see Fowler return to health, his mental lapses make it easy to see why he does not start.  He seems unable to consistently line up on sides.  Too often, he is flagged for lining up in the neutral zone, making charitable yardage donations to opposing offenses allowing them favorable down and distance situations.  I may be wrong, but I believe he tipped off a coverage on the second series.  He was lined up on the defensive left side, when he turned around to communicate with a DB.  My immediate thought was that he would drop into coverage.  Sure enough, he did.  If I could figure that out, Certainly Carr can, and he did, as he attacked that side of the field and got a pass completion for a first down.   If either propensity enabled him to get an edge rushing the passer, it might be tolerable, but neither he nor Ngakoue came close to sacking Carr.   Equally as disappointing was the run defense.  Last week, the run defense was very good.  Today, the Raiders ran pretty much at will.  In pass coverage, Amukumara had been a bright spot for us when he wasn't injured, but today, he was repeatedly exploited by a guy, who, quite frankly, is pretty average in Michael Crabtree.  Amukumara allowed a deep pass right before halftime that put the game out of reach.

3.  Lest we think this failure was anything less than comprehensive, special teams played a huge role in the loss today.  While Rashad Green has been an outstanding performer for us and a bad game from him was bound to happen sooner or later, his happened today and produced disastrous, field position killing errors in the muffed punt inside the 20, and later fielding the punt inside his own five yard line.  But as bad as those plays were from a guy who is clearly better than that, they were neither as demoralizing or infuriating as the play that happened late in the game where the punt coverage teams allowed a punter to field a horrible snap and run to convert a FOURTH AND TWENTY FOUR (4th and 24)!  Yes, you read that right.  Considering punt formation places a punter 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage, the punt coverage teams could not manage to tackle a punter before he traversed 39 yards in total and move the chains when we were making the last ditch effort to come back.

4.  Then there was the obdurate, persistent lack of focus and discpline that has dogged this team all year.  I understand the officials have not been our allies this year, but when Malik Jackson earns three personal foul penalties in a half that got him ejected, and Ramsey followed up getting ejected late, -on top of all of the stupid penalties this team habitually draws, I can't say I blame them.  While Allen Robinson didn't committ any penalties, he had an uncharacteristic case of the dropsies.  You'd think by now, the team would have run out of feet in which to shoot themselves.  Can such ineptitude possibly be scripted any worse than what was on display today?

5.  Bottom line:  I do not know Shad Khan personally.  He seems like he is calm, cool, and collected.  But for the life of me, I cannot see how he is not absolutely frothing at the mouth over this performance.  This loss encapsulates every failure of the Bradley tenure here, and is or should be, in all honesty, a fireable offense.

Excellent analysis as always.

I've been a long time "hold out" for getting rid of the HC, but after the embarrassment yesterday, he has to go.  While yes, it's up to the players to make plays, the buck stops at the top.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Great perspective as always Bullseye, but my feelings right now are that this team doesn't deserve the breath it takes to talk about them.