Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From The Raiders Game

Great write up.  First game I've ever been so pissed watching that I stopped being angry and just started laughing.  Probably the worst total display of football I have seen in my life.  What hurts the most is the fact that I know this team is actually talented enough to play far better than they have shown.  Like you said atleast in the past we could play the talent card.  Today it looked like the team was trying to lose and the coaching staff was helping them go about it.  Both of our horrible field position 3rd downs were attacked by the exact same blitz that worked.  The coaching staff couldn't make the correction for the offensive line on the sidelines.  

This game reminded me of another Raiders game where we put Sapp into retirement, only this time we were the undisciplined team falling apart.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This was the first game that I ever got angry inside and I wanted beat a raider fan up who stepped in my face talking trash

I encountered a couple of Raiders fans on the way back to my car. They were understandably jubilant after the win. I congratulated them on the win and told them this was the absolute worst as a Jaguars fan.

He replied "At least you have cool uniforms." As condescending, patronizing and insulting as that statement was, all I could do was shake my head, laugh, and walk away, because the team's performance was more of an attack on me as a fan than anything they said.

By a wide margin.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

What is a Stepford fan?

I get angry after every loss whether it is by a little or a lot, whether I expect the team to lose or not, regardless of the opponent. That is what Jaguars fans do. You can't tell me I am blind just because I know what good plays we made or how it could have been worse.

Quote:Too many words, not enough pictures

I considered posting a pic or two, but did not want to be responsible for inducing the projectile vomiting sure to follow.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:What is a Stepford fan?

The expression "Stepfords" was coined by Gordondoburstingfoam, a poster on Queenworld and later on Queenzone. The release of Greatest Hits 3 in 1999 caused a legendary fight on the fan club message board when some users suggested the CD was nothing but a rip-off while others thought it was a brilliant release designed to "win over new fans" . A Stepford is a fan who thinks that Queen Production can never fail and that a true fan has to buy any Queen related product that hits the market. The expression was borrowed from the movie "The Stepford Wives" telling a story about the small town Stepford where the real wives are replaced by mindless robots who never question anything they are told.

Go Jags!

Quote:Please allow me to preface by providing fair warning to those who insist upon positivity in reading Jaguars related message board posts.  This board has a long tradition of Stepford Fans.  If you fall within this group that is categorically averse to negative postings regarding the Jaguars, I urge you to close this window now.  You have been given notice that you will not like what is to follow from me.  In fact, I suspect before long, a mod may be tempted to delete this posting.

I continue my preface to the readers by asserting the following guarantees.  I harbor no Raider antipathies, towards the team or the fans.  I have no obnoxious Raider fan buddy who would make my life hell because of this game.  I had nothing wagered on this game.  In fact, in the AFC South Forum, I predicted we'd lose this game.  There is nothing in my life outside of football that would cause me to lash out in anger.  I have no relationship issues, no abnormal stressors.  I do not drink, and I am not otherwise under the influence of any rage inducing substances.  What follows in this post is borne purely of the performance from today's game, and the perspective of a season ticket holder since 1995.

Finally, I feel compelled to apologize for the inadequacies of this post, though in fairness to me, I have a daunting task ahead.  A team of William Shakespeares working in three eight hour shifts working twenty four hours a day could not adequately convey the angst, revulsion and disgust stemming from this game.  Call me a bibber or self soiler if you must, place me in the category of the torch and pitchfork crowd, dismiss me as a Nattering Nabob of Negativism.  This catharsis must have life, even if brief in this forum.

During my tenure as a football fan in general and a STH for the Jaguars, I have seen some bad displays of football.  I have encountered the crushing disappointment of the AFCC game of 1999 and the morale draining seasons since 2008.  But this game marks the first time I have felt insulted by a Jaguars performance, the first time I have felt watching the team constituted a waste of time.  At least with the 44-0 loss to Detroit, qnd the 41-3 home loss to the Bears, solace could be had in the knowledge that this team was in the very beginnng stages of the franchise  in the former case, and the latter was the culmination of Gene Smith's failed rebuild.  This current roster has no such excuse for such a horrid performance.  In my mind, this as an epic display of neolithic incompetence, a damning degree of unpreparedness, and an appalling lack of focus and discipline.  My elaborations follow.

1.  During the offseason, this matchup was billed as a meeting between two up and coming teams generally, and  two young and promising QBs specifically. For whatever reasons, Bortles did not look like he belonged on the same field with Carr.  There have been myriad theories offered for Bortles' struggles.  Today, it appeared all of them have some merit.  Some, including myself, have offered that the lack of a running game has hindered his performance.  While Ivory had a nice run or two, the running game was still woefully inconsistent and did not draw in LBs underneath or deep safeties.  Others have said he is pressing, and the inexplicable throw into triple coverage ruining a chance to at least tie the game early one is an example of that,  Others have observed his mechanics are off, as evidenced by the numerous missed and inaccurate passes of open receivers like Hurns and Marcedes Lewis.  Another popular refrain places the blame at the feet of the coaches, and I certainly do not obsolve them here.  For the record, I do not want to see another bubble screen for the remainder of the year.  I'd rather the team punt than to subject themselves and the fans to such a thorough exercize in futility. The deep pass has been notably absent all year.  Why cant the intermediate and shorter routes be better utilized to move the ball after seven (7) weeks?   In the post game, FT theorized that Bortles doesn't trust his OL.  There may be some merit to that, but I saw times where he had plenty of time to throw, but was not overly decisive.  Bortles and the passing game have way too much aggregate talent to look so collectively constipated offensively.  As much as possible, the deficiencies muct be fixed and fast.

2.  The defense gets its share of the blame too.  WHile I was excited to see Fowler return to health, his mental lapses make it easy to see why he does not start.  He seems unable to consistently line up on sides.  Too often, he is flagged for lining up in the neutral zone, making charitable yardage donations to opposing offenses allowing them favorable down and distance situations.  I may be wrong, but I believe he tipped off a coverage on the second series.  He was lined up on the defensive left side, when he turned around to communicate with a DB.  My immediate thought was that he would drop into coverage.  Sure enough, he did.  If I could figure that out, Certainly Carr can, and he did, as he attacked that side of the field and got a pass completion for a first down.   If either propensity enabled him to get an edge rushing the passer, it might be tolerable, but neither he nor Ngakoue came close to sacking Carr.   Equally as disappointing was the run defense.  Last week, the run defense was very good.  Today, the Raiders ran pretty much at will.  In pass coverage, Amukumara had been a bright spot for us when he wasn't injured, but today, he was repeatedly exploited by a guy, who, quite frankly, is pretty average in Michael Crabtree.  Amukumara allowed a deep pass right before halftime that put the game out of reach.

3.  Lest we think this failure was anything less than comprehensive, special teams played a huge role in the loss today.  While Rashad Green has been an outstanding performer for us and a bad game from him was bound to happen sooner or later, his happened today and produced disastrous, field position killing errors in the muffed punt inside the 20, and later fielding the punt inside his own five yard line.  But as bad as those plays were from a guy who is clearly better than that, they were neither as demoralizing or infuriating as the play that happened late in the game where the punt coverage teams allowed a punter to field a horrible snap and run to convert a FOURTH AND TWENTY FOUR (4th and 24)!  Yes, you read that right.  Considering punt formation places a punter 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage, the punt coverage teams could not manage to tackle a punter before he traversed 39 yards in total and move the chains when we were making the last ditch effort to come back.

4.  Then there was the obdurate, persistent lack of focus and discpline that has dogged this team all year.  I understand the officials have not been our allies this year, but when Malik Jackson earns three personal foul penalties in a half that got him ejected, and Ramsey followed up getting ejected late, -on top of all of the stupid penalties this team habitually draws, I can't say I blame them.  While Allen Robinson didn't committ any penalties, he had an uncharacteristic case of the dropsies.  You'd think by now, the team would have run out of feet in which to shoot themselves.  Can such imeptitude possibly be scripted any worse than what was on display today?

5.  Bottom line:  I do not know Shad Khan personally.  He seems like he is calm, cool, and collected.  But for the life of me, I cannot see how he is no absolutely frothing at the mouth over this performance.  This loss encapsulates every failure of the Bradley tenure here, and is or should be, in all honesty, a fireable offense.

Come on Bullseye. Quit beating around the bush. Tell us how you really feel.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Well, I was driving back from mississippi so I had to rely on a friend texting me when either team scored. Of, course I missed the details of the game but had a feeling it was the same old same old with the Jags.

Got home this evening and watched gus "we lost our poise " video and shut it off after a few minutes. Guess that's the new buzzword since the old ones are pretty used up. Read a few threads but this one says it all.

The team is unprepared, undisciplined and is not going to get better. The more money spent in free agency....they seem to get worse.

Well said Bullseye and Thank you for your clear analysis.

I too, am beginning to wonder what Khan's tolerance for ineptitude is. mine would have run out a couple games back.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Nail on the head, Bullseye.

This has to end.

At least we have won a lot of coin tosses this year.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Great write up. Thank you for sharing. My take on the game was that one team did enough to "earn" the victory while the other team forgot to show up in the first half. This has the feel of a recurrent nightmare only it is playing out in real life.

I think that Gus Bradley is a very nice and positive guy who is the head coach of a team with absolutely no discipline. Fowler can't line up onside and an unfathomable amount of penalties in all 3 phases of the game. This team plays like it is in a haze for the first 3 quarters of most games. This is totally unprofessional and beyond unacceptable. The players that are retained into the next regime will realize how easy they had it once a true disciplinarian in installed as the new head coach.

Coach JDR used to say "you are what your record says you are". Right now we are a 2-4 collection of undisciplined millionaires unwilling to take the blame for their failures. As a professional football player ou only have 16 hours a year during the regular season to showcase your skills. Guys like Poz and Hurns bring the necessary work effort into the craft. These guys work as hard as humanly possible.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

[Image: CvfrjlnXYAAUbpt.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://instagram.com/p/BL7VU5ulHIe/media/?size=l'>https://instagram.com/p/BL7VU5ulHIe/media/?size=l</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Look on the bright side, this game has freed up Thursday evening for many fans. 

Quote:Great write up. Thank you for sharing. My take on the game was that one team did enough to "earn" the victory while the other team forgot to show up in the first half. This has the feel of a recurrent nightmare only it is playing out in real life.

I think that Gus Bradley is a very nice and positive guy who is the head coach of a team with absolutely no discipline. Fowler can't line up onside and an unfathomable amount of penalties in all 3 phases of the game. This team plays like it is in a haze for the first 3 quarters of most games. This is totally unprofessional and beyond unacceptable. The players that are retained into the next regime will realize how easy they had it once a true disciplinarian in installed as the new head coach.

Coach JDR used to say "you are what your record says you are". Right now we are a 2-4 collection of undisciplined millionaires unwilling to take the blame for their failures. As a professional football player ou only have 16 hours a year during the regular season to showcase your skills. Guys like Poz and Hurns bring the necessary work effort into the craft. These guys work as hard as humanly possible.

It bothered me that gus kept saying we were 2-0 in the post game

Go Jags!

Quote:This team looks like they fight with themselves to move a foot let alone a yard. Can't put together a successful opening drive ever. I appreciate those Coughlin offenses more and more. We didn't always win but we could drive and score. The scoring feels like an accident now.

I really like this observation,  

It very much appears on O the players do not trust the plan and are trying to do more than the play accounts for.

The whole team is pressing, getting frustrated, making stupid mistakes because they CANNOT hear the coaches anymore.

Excellent post. I am so fed up with this team. 4 or 5 years I was off this message board with apathy towards this team... then I get drawn back in with all the talent we have FINALLY accumulated. I felt times had finally changed, the black cloud was gone... except for gus.. which I couldnt figure out why he was still here and hoped he wouldnt ruin this positivity... sure enough, this team is as bad as it has ever been even when first rebuilding. All this talent here and it doesnt show. This is the wrst coach Ive ever seen in my life in any sport at any level. He is AWFUL. The fact he still has his job makes me think that Khan is secretly trying to move this team out of jacksonville again, a theory I figured I was wrong about years ago.. but now Im not so sure again. There is no other franchise, the browns included, that would keep a [BLEEP] coach like tthe one we have for this long. No sane man would keep this absolute joke of a "coach".

I am done with this team again. Back to apathy and not caring and making jokes of them like everyone else. Maybe another decade will go by and they will get my hopes up again. Until then, F you jacksonville jaguars organization

Quote:[Image: CvfrjlnXYAAUbpt.jpg]
How much has Gus aged since he has been here? The stress has gotten to him lol. 

Anyways GREAT POST BULLSEYE!

One thing from the game I was wondering....

What the heck happen on that onside play?? Anyone who has replay can show a gif maybe? I could of sworn Cooper swatted the ball out of bounds. 

Just wanted to throw this out there...

[Image: yXtwuzP.gif]

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:At least we have won a lot of coin tosses this year.
Well said.  Well said.