Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Worked out Hurst

(04-25-2018, 05:47 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 05:42 PM)JackCity Wrote: No arguments here. 

When you watch Hurst, what do you think he will do at an above average level in the NFL? I don't see anything personally.

I don't think any one thing about him is exceptional. I think the sum is greater than the parts in his case. He also seems to be the exact kind of TE that the jaguars are looking for. 

Gesicki has a higher ceiling as a receiver, but the complete package of TE I think Hurst is going to have the better career.
Also fair. To me most upper tier TEs have an elite trait. They are either elite athletes or are elite recievers/route runners/contested catches or are a combination of all of these.  

I don't think Hurst is that kind of guy. A useful plauer, a guy who would fit in quite well with our scheme but ultimately not that kind of TE. I'd also wonder why people who like Hurst don't prefer Dallas G? You can make an argument his upside is much higher and he still fits our offense in several ways.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-25-2018, 06:01 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 05:47 PM)Achilles Wrote: I don't think any one thing about him is exceptional. I think the sum is greater than the parts in his case. He also seems to be the exact kind of TE that the jaguars are looking for. 

Gesicki has a higher ceiling as a receiver, but the complete package of TE I think Hurst is going to have the better career.
Also fair. To me most upper tier TEs have an elite trait. They are either elite athletes or are elite recievers/route runners/contested catches or are a combination of all of these.  

I don't think Hurst is that kind of guy. A useful plauer, a guy who would fit in quite well with our scheme but ultimately not that kind of TE. I'd also wonder why people who like Hurst don't prefer Dallas G? You can make an argument his upside is much higher and he still fits our offense in several ways.

I like both. I’d prefer Goedert but I get the Hurst pick. He’s Kyle Brady lite and Papa Tom is in charge.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I'd be fine with Hurst in Round 2 but not round 1. Only TE I'm ok with in Round 1 is Goedert but I'd much rather get a Guard

(04-25-2018, 06:06 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 06:01 PM)JackCity Wrote: Also fair. To me most upper tier TEs have an elite trait. They are either elite athletes or are elite recievers/route runners/contested catches or are a combination of all of these.  

I like both. I’d prefer Goedert but I get the Hurst pick. He’s Kyle Brady lite and Papa Tom is in charge.

Eh not close to that caliber of blocker for me, even as a lite version. I think that part of his game is massively oversold.

(04-25-2018, 06:01 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 05:47 PM)Achilles Wrote: I don't think any one thing about him is exceptional. I think the sum is greater than the parts in his case. He also seems to be the exact kind of TE that the jaguars are looking for. 

I think the reason Hurst is number one with a number of analysts is that while he is not exceptional in any one area, he does everything well.

I agree that it’s strange he is being put ahead of Goedert. The only thing I can think of is his reputation as a safe pair of hands with only one drop to his name during his time at college.

Honestly, I’d be just as happy if we picked Gesicki or Goedert (or Ian Thomas later in the draft) but think Hurst could be a reliable weapon for Bortles.

(04-25-2018, 06:13 PM)ColoJag Wrote: I'd be fine with Hurst in Round 2 but not round 1. Only TE I'm ok with in Round 1 is Goedert but I'd much rather get a Guard

I'd just prefer to get one of the upper tier interior O-Lineman in round 1. I like Hurst, but I'd prefer to address RG with the first selection. I believe there will be a run on OG's and Centers and if we wait until round 2, we may not be able to get a top tier talent.

Mayock mocks Hayden Hurst to the Jags.

Seems pretty close to a lock at the moment. Unless some prospect falls or we are putting out a heavy amount of smoke.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 02:49 AM by Upper.)

(04-26-2018, 02:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: Mayock mocks Hayden Hurst to the Jags.

Seems pretty close to a lock at the moment. Unless some prospect falls or we are putting out a heavy amount of smoke.

Praying the Panthers or Saints bail us out.

Actually I'm not selfish. Any team that wants to save us from Hurst is good enough for me.

(04-26-2018, 02:40 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 02:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: Mayock mocks Hayden Hurst to the Jags.

Praying the Panthers or Saints bail us out.

Actually I'm not selfish. Any team that wants to save us from Hurst is good enough for me.

If you believe the bookies they think 
A) Hurst is the 1st TE taken 
B) Dallas G won't be taken in the first 
C) Only one TE goes in the first. 

So not only will we take Hurst at #29,we'll likely be the only competition for him..

Ya I've really soured on him over the past week and I agree with OL that we should take a RG in the 1st

(04-22-2018, 09:14 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm all about him at 29 or even jumping up above Carolina to grab him for the right price

I really love the athleticism of Gesiki but Hurst's blocking ability makes him the ideal fit in Jax IMO

Two other teams that pick even closer to pick # 29 that could easily have serious interest in Hayden Hurst and/ or Dallas Goedert are also in the NFC South:  Atlanta and New Orleans.  Based on the current TE situations for both those teams,  no one on their respective rosters remind anyone of Tony Gonzalez or Jimmy Graham.

(04-26-2018, 05:02 AM)D6 Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 09:14 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm all about him at 29 or even jumping up above Carolina to grab him for the right price

I really love the athleticism of Gesiki but Hurst's blocking ability makes him the ideal fit in Jax IMO

Two other teams that pick even closer to pick # 29 that could easily have serious interest in Hayden Hurst and/ or Dallas Goedert are also in the NFC South:  Atlanta and New Orleans.  Based on the current TE situations for both those teams,  no one on their respective rosters remind anyone of Tony Gonzalez or Jimmy Graham.

Falcons have Austin Hooper.

Patriots maybe
Panthers maybe
Saints
Seahawks? got a lot of other needs but they are weird
Denver if they trade down
Dolphins if they trade
Jets if they trade
a lot of options if there is movement

(04-26-2018, 06:06 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 05:02 AM)D6 Wrote:   Two other teams that pick even closer to pick # 29 that could easily have serious interest in Hayden Hurst and/ or Dallas Goedert are also in the NFC South:  Atlanta and New Orleans.  Based on the current TE situations for both those teams,  no one on their respective rosters remind anyone of Tony Gonzalez or Jimmy Graham.

Falcons have Austin Hooper.

Austin Hooper has been ok at this stage of his career.  But I don't think the Falcons are highly confident he's the solution as a # 1 TE.   

The Falcons have greater needs than upgrading over Hooper.   Especially,  at DT and at RG.  So much will depend on their draft board.  I can envision them taking a Guard, TE, or Defensive Lineman in Round 1.

(04-26-2018, 06:27 AM)D6 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 06:06 AM)JackCity Wrote: Falcons have Austin Hooper.

Austin Hooper has been ok at this stage of his career.  But I don't think the Falcons are highly confident he's the solution as a # 1 TE.   

The Falcons have greater needs than upgrading over Hooper.   Especially,  at DT and at RG.  So much will depend on their draft board.  I can envision them taking a Guard, TE, or Defensive Lineman in Round 1.

I've actually been wondering if maybe the Patriots are in play to make a move for Julio Jones. 

They have the extra picks to make it happen and I just don't buy the "deleting all of his falcons posts on social media" has nothing to do with him wanting out.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(04-26-2018, 06:27 AM)D6 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 06:06 AM)JackCity Wrote: Falcons have Austin Hooper.

Falcons fans seem pretty happy with him..he's good.  

Yea I think they go Dline or interior too

Bad Achilles......we do not need that to happen! Just going to act like I did not read that

(04-26-2018, 06:49 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 06:27 AM)D6 Wrote: Austin Hooper has been ok at this stage of his career.  But I don't think the Falcons are highly confident he's the solution as a # 1 TE.   

I've actually been wondering if maybe the Patriots are in play to make a move for Julio Jones. 

They have the extra picks to make it happen and I just don't buy the "deleting all of his falcons posts on social media" has nothing to do with him wanting out.

Thanks for mentioning the info regarding Julio Jones and Social Media.  With everything going on with the pre-draft stuff,  I didn't see anything regarding the Julio Jones this week previously.  

After seeing your reply,  I came across the following.  While I'm not ruling out a possibility for a trade involving Julio Jones,   at least for now,  I would be surprised if it happens.  The Falcons need help in their passing game even with Jones.  W/o him,  their two high caliber RBs would be seeing stacked boxes early and often.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/04.../23419057/

(04-26-2018, 06:53 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 06:27 AM)D6 Wrote: Austin Hooper has been ok at this stage of his career.  But I don't think the Falcons are highly confident he's the solution as a # 1 TE.   

Falcons fans seem pretty happy with him..he's good.  

Yea I think they go Dline or interior too

This upcoming season is a big one for Austin Hooper.   At the very least,  the Falcons need more from him in the red zone.  

Barring any late changes, in my 3 Round mock draft,  I projected the Falcons selecting Texas G-T Connor Williams at # 26.  If Williams lasts to pick # 29,  I think there's a very realistic chance the Jaguars will take him.   In Round 2,  I have the Falcons taking DE Sam Hubbard.  In Round 3,  Connecticut DT Foley Fatukaski.   If a TE jumps out on their draft board,  I wouldn't be surprised if they took one in the top 3 Rounds.

YESSSSSSSS, we dodged the bullet.