Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft Bold Predictions

Draft week!

This Thursday is the draft so let’s see what people got. Not talking about how good a player will be but instead, bold predictions that will take place this week. Players rising? Falling? Teams reaching? What do you got?

1. Rosen will fall outside the top 15.
2. 3 RBs will go in the 1st round.
3. Only 2 WRs in the 1st round.

Can’t wait for Thursday!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2018, 07:12 PM by JackCity.)

- 6 QBs go in the first 20 picks.

- Jaguars draft an Alabama defender (Evans, Payne, Harrison)

- Unprecedented amount of trades.

Josh Allen will fall out of the top 10.
Saquan Barkley will fall out of the top 5.
Minkah Fitzpatrick will fall out of the top 10.
D.J. Moore will be the top WR taken in the draft.
Mason Rudolph will be a first round selection and will be taken before Lamar Jackson.
Calvin Ridley will be the 3rd WR taken in the first round.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2018, 07:41 PM by BlueEyedJag.)

Tremaine Edmunds falls to 29 and is selected by Jacksonville.

I doubt the player is Edmunds but feel that Jacksonville is going to grab the top defensive talent that has fallen for whatever reason and wait to address OL/TE in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

(04-23-2018, 07:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Josh Allen will fall out of the top 10.
Mason Rudolph will be a first round selection and will be taken before Lamar Jackson.
I was gonna say Moore as well. 

Allen falling out the top 10 is odd because I feel like the Bills would trade up from 12 to get him.

Great predictions!

One of the top 6 QBs will fall lto the Jags
Jags don't draft a QB
Jags take a defensive player in one of the first 2 rounds
Browns will trade the first over all pick
Jags will trade back and trade up
Jags draft a punter
A record number of QBs will be drafted
A record number of punters will be drafted
Patriots trade up to take Brady's replacement
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

No WRs go in the first round (probably file that under crazy bold)

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2018, 10:58 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-23-2018, 07:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Draft week!

This Thursday is the draft so let’s see what people got. Not talking about how good a player will be but instead, bold predictions that will take place this week. Players rising? Falling? Teams reaching? What do you got?

1. Rosen will fall outside the top 15.
2. 3 RBs will go in the 1st round.
3. Only 2 WRs in the 1st round.

Can’t wait for Thursday!

If Rosen falls out of the top 15 we should start trying to trade up to get him.

I remember when people were arguing that RB was losing its importance.

I could definitely see 2 WRs at most going in the first.

(04-23-2018, 07:10 PM)JackCity Wrote: - 6 QBs go in the first 20 picks.

- Jaguars draft an Alabama defender (Evans, Payne, Harrison)

-  Unprecedented amount of trades.

I could definitely see 6 QBs in the first round.

Taking one of those guys in the first, while outside the paradigm of most fans, would be a good decision I think, though I would kinda wonder about Evans, based upon the off field issues by the other Alabama LBs.  LOL

Do you think the number of trades will be commensurate with the number of QBs?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-23-2018, 07:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Josh Allen will fall out of the top 10.

I would not be surprised at all if Allen falls out of the top ten.  I would also not be surprised if some team falls in love with his physical traits and takes a chance on him early.

I think Barkley falling out of the top 5 is wholly contingent on the Giants.  If the Giants go QB or Chubb, then he falls to Indy.

Not a huge Moore fan.

I can see Rudolph going before Jackson

Somehow I get the sense the Ridley falling is smoke by teams.  He may not be top ten, but I think he will be the first WR off the board when all is said and done.

My predictions...

1. The Bills will not trade up and end up with Josh Allen.

2. No TEs will be drafted in the first round.

3. #2 will happen because there will be a late run on offensive linemen and CBs, starting with Seattle at 19 (assuming they don't deal down).

(04-23-2018, 11:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote: My predictions...
2. No TEs will be drafted in the first round.

I really, really like Goedert and Gesecki, but I am so scared that our FO loves Hurst that I will be happy if this prediction is true.

1. Jags get D.J. Chark in the 2nd round
2. Jags take a punter in the 6th round, maybe Townsend from UF
3. Rosen goes to Broncos and Mayfield to the Jets (not that bold)
4. Jags trade back to the top of round 2 with a team who wants the last top tier q.b. available (probably Rudolph).

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2018, 11:39 PM by pirkster.)

I predict that this will be one of the worst drafts in recent history.  Busts and disappointments throughout the first two rounds.

Pick 28.b is certainly not a bad place to be.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Marcedes Lewis offers his bold prediction on NFLNetwork, predicting SMU WR Courtland Sutton will be the pick for the Jaguars, citing the FA loss of Allen Robinson and the release of Allen Hurns.

Sutton would be a perfectly good pick. We need size and athleticism and he offers both.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2018, 12:35 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Cleveland will trade the #4 overall pick to one of these 3 teams: Tampa Bay, Buffalo or Arizona.
The Indianapolis Colts will trade the #6 overall selection to one of these 3 teams: Tampa Bay, Buffalo or Arizona.
The Jaguars will trade down from the #29 position and add a 2019 draft pick.
No TE's will be taken in round 1.
The Jaguars first selection of the draft will either be Isaiah Wynn, Mike McGlinchey, Hayden Hurst or Billy Price.

(04-23-2018, 11:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Marcedes Lewis offers his bold prediction on NFLNetwork, predicting SMU WR Courtland Sutton will be the pick for the Jaguars, citing the FA loss of Allen Robinson and the release of Allen Hurns.

That would be a waste of a pick.

(04-24-2018, 12:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Cleveland will trade the #4 overall pick to one of these 3 teams: Tampa Bay, Buffalo or Arizona.
The Indianapolis Colts will trade the #6 overall selection to one of these 3 teams: Tampa Bay, Buffalo or Arizona.
The Jaguars will trade down from the #29 position and add a 2019 draft pick.
No TE's will be taken in round 1.
The Jaguars first selection of the draft will either be Isaiah Wynn, Mike McGlinchey, Hayden Hurst or Billy Price.

(04-23-2018, 11:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Marcedes Lewis offers his bold prediction on NFLNetwork, predicting SMU WR Courtland Sutton will be the pick for the Jaguars, citing the FA loss of Allen Robinson and the release of Allen Hurns.

That would be a waste of a pick.

I think McGlinchey will be off the board by the time we pick.  I would add Tyrell Crosby.

Ok then...

We trade away at least one player during the draft.

Despite assurances we are going to draft players in the first three rounds who can start straight away, we pick a player who is clearly going to be a developmental project.

We pick a RB in the first two days.

We don’t pick any tight ends.

The Patriots move up for a QB.... and it’s Mason Rudolph.

Lamar Jackson doesn’t get picked in the first round.

(04-24-2018, 01:51 AM)Andy G Wrote: Ok then...

We trade away at least one player during the draft.

Despite assurances we are going to draft players in the first three rounds who can start straight away, we pick a player who is clearly going to be a developmental project.

We pick a RB in the first two days.

We don’t pick any tight ends.

The Patriots move up for a QB.... and it’s Mason Rudolph.

Lamar Jackson doesn’t get picked in the first round.

These are good predictions. 

I've been thinking myself, what happens if we don't draft a TE?   Could we re-sign Marcedes Lewis?  He's still out there, and he's a pretty stellar blocking TE.

Bold prediction: they finally won't go on commercials right when the Jaguars are making the pick. Big Grin