Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Titans pick up Marcus Mariota's fifth-year option

Titans pick up Marcus Mariota's fifth-year option

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ear-option

The Titans exercised quarterback Marcus Mariota's fifth-year contract option Tuesday. The option keeps Mariota under contract through the 2019 season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

nice, hopefully he gets a huge contract

(04-24-2018, 07:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: nice, hopefully he gets a huge contract

Exactly. Make chicken legs the highest paid player in the league. 10 years and 100% guaranteed.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Tacks picked up that 5th year option instead of working out a new deal because they need to see Mariota actually look like a QB. Tacks fans have flamed us over bortles but he hasn't come close to having as bad a season as Mariota last year.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Poi for everyone.

Maryscrota is buying.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(04-25-2018, 05:40 AM)Achilles Wrote: Tacks picked up that 5th year option instead of working out a new deal because they need to see Mariota actually look like a QB. Tacks fans have flamed us over bortles but he hasn't come close to having as bad a season as Mariota last year.

Agreed. It's humorous to see tack fans talk about the guy like he's the next Aaron Rodgers and about Bortles like he's the next Ryan Leaf based pretty much entirely on the Jaguars team record prior to last year.

(04-25-2018, 05:40 AM)Achilles Wrote: Tacks picked up that 5th year option instead of working out a new deal because they need to see Mariota actually look like a QB. Tacks fans have flamed us over bortles but he hasn't come close to having as bad a season as Mariota last year.

Really? I seem to remember jags fans ripping bortles like no other prior to last season, some even during last season. 
Mariota may have had a rough year, mostly due to his coaches tying his hands and expecting miracles. But even after last season, most tack fans are still behind mariota.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(04-25-2018, 10:15 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:

Really? I seem to remember jags fans ripping bortles like no other prior to last season, some even during last season. 
Mariota may have had a rough year, mostly due to his coaches tying his hands and expecting miracles. But even after last season, most tack fans are still behind mariota.

And what does that have anything to do with what I said?

I'm glad you fans are still behind Mariota. I hope he gets a massive new contract with you guys for a long time. 

His coaches didn't throw those picks...
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 07:30 AM by SeldomRite.)

(04-26-2018, 07:12 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 10:15 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Really? I seem to remember jags fans ripping bortles like no other prior to last season, some even during last season. 

And what does that have anything to do with what I said?

I'm glad you fans are still behind Mariota. I hope he gets a massive new contract with you guys for a long time. 

I think Mariota shares a lot of Bortles problems, namely that neither of them currently has the go out and win the game with their arm ability of someone like Brees or Brady. Mariota seems like the more accurate passer by completion percentage, but just can't seem to make some throws at all, and is apparently too frail for the NFL. Bortles misses some throws inconsistently, but not always the same throws like Mariota, and he's never missed a start.

The difference between the two is we already know Bortles can throw 35 TDs in a season and isn't an injury waiting to happen. If the Titans pay Mariota they'll end up regretting it.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 07:27 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(04-26-2018, 07:29 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 07:12 AM)Achilles Wrote: And what does that have anything to do with what I said?

I think Mariota shares a lot of Bortles problems, namely that neither of them currently has the go out and win the game with their arm ability of someone like Brees or Brady. Mariota seems like the more accurate passer by completion percentage, but just can't seem to make some throws at all, and is apparently too frail for the NFL. Bortles misses some throws inconsistently, but not always the same throws like Mariota, and he's never missed a start.

The difference between the two is we already know Bortles can throw 35 TDs in a season and isn't an injury waiting to happen. If the Titans pay Mariota they'll end up regretting it.

Thats fair. I'm holding out until we see what mariota does with competent offensive coaches. I think lafleur will get 10 times what terry freaking robiskie did out of em. So yes, they picked up his 5th year option. Now go out and earn your next contract. Bortles earned his extension last season after several bad seasons. Hopefully he continues to improve as well

(04-26-2018, 07:26 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 07:29 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I think Mariota shares a lot of Bortles problems, namely that neither of them currently has the go out and win the game with their arm ability of someone like Brees or Brady. Mariota seems like the more accurate passer by completion percentage, but just can't seem to make some throws at all, and is apparently too frail for the NFL. Bortles misses some throws inconsistently, but not always the same throws like Mariota, and he's never missed a start.

Thats fair. I'm holding out until we see what mariota does with competent offensive coaches. I think lafleur will get 10 times what terry freaking robiskie did out of em. So yes, they picked up his 5th year option. Now go out and earn your next contract. Bortles earned his extension last season after several bad seasons. Hopefully he continues to improve as well

And I think if Mariota gets anything it'll probably be something closer to what Bortles got than to what Andrew Luck got, and that's if the titans have a successful season. That's by no means assured, especially if they try to change the scheme to be less run heavy and Mariota gets injured early in the season again.

Well think that Mariota can run. And really needs to prove on his deep throws. Just hope he does not get injured. Focus on his arm, Not his feet.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(04-26-2018, 07:29 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 07:12 AM)Achilles Wrote: And what does that have anything to do with what I said?

lol The biggest difference is Bortles’s garbage time TD’s.

Mariota may get injured, but he puts it all on the line, which is something you don’t have to worry about Bortles doing.

(04-26-2018, 09:26 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 07:29 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I think Mariota shares a lot of Bortles problems, namely that neither of them currently has the go out and win the game with their arm ability of someone like Brees or Brady. Mariota seems like the more accurate passer by completion percentage, but just can't seem to make some throws at all, and is apparently too frail for the NFL. Bortles misses some throws inconsistently, but not always the same throws like Mariota, and he's never missed a start.

lol The biggest difference is Bortles’s garbage time TD’s.

Mariota may get injured, but he puts it all on the line, which is something you don’t have to worry about Bortles doing.

Are you kidding me?

Bortles is a hundred times tougher than Mariota. It's not even a comparison. Mariota even sounds soft in his interviews. Apologizing for "rudeness".. pathetic little frail man.

(04-26-2018, 10:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 09:26 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: lol The biggest difference is Bortles’s garbage time TD’s.

Are you kidding me?

Bortles is a hundred times tougher than Mariota. It's not even a comparison. Mariota even sounds soft in his interviews. Apologizing for "rudeness".. pathetic little frail man.

Being a fat drunk isn’t tough. He plays with no heart

(04-26-2018, 11:16 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 10:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Are you kidding me?

He does wear his tongue on his shoulders though

(04-26-2018, 11:16 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 10:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Are you kidding me?

No heart but constantly extends plays and scrambles leading to big hits. Unless you're talking about Mariota...he seems to lack enthusiasm.

(04-27-2018, 12:03 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 11:16 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: Being a fat drunk isn’t tough. He plays with no heart

No heart but constantly extends plays and scrambles leading to big hits. Unless you're talking about Mariota...he seems to lack enthusiasm.

Mariota has more comeback victories in his three years than Bortles has in his four years and there has been way more opportunities for Bortles to rally his team late in games. Mariota is the type of player that can put a team on his back. Bortles is just along for the ride.

(04-28-2018, 07:13 AM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:03 AM)Achilles Wrote: No heart but constantly extends plays and scrambles leading to big hits. Unless you're talking about Mariota...he seems to lack enthusiasm.

Mariota has more comeback victories in his three years than Bortles has in his four years and there has been way more opportunities for Bortles to rally his team late in games. Mariota is the type of player that can put a team on his back. Bortles is just along for the ride.

I honestly thought backwoods tack fans didn't start getting drunk until 9am but you learn something new everyday.

Mariota is a pathetic excuse for a man let alone QB for an NFL team.

Its a match made in heaven for you tack fans.