Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
1st Round Pick: Happy, Meh, or Mad

Happy will depend on what gets done in rounds two and three, but I like the pick.
Good value at the spot and eases the cap concern looming for 2019.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-26-2018, 11:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Happy will depend on what gets done in rounds two and three, but I like the pick.
Good value at the spot and eases the cap concern looming for 2019.

I feel like we could've accomplished that in rd 2 or 3 or next offseason or next year's draft

Someone on that line is either cut or traded, and fairly soon.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I like it... They say he has a JJ Watt ceiling and Jax is the best landing spot for him to reach it.

The obvious downside is that he just doesn't add much value to the team in 2018. But if they thought he would be a better player than Will Hernandez over the next 5 years then they made the right choice.

(04-27-2018, 12:35 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Someone on that line is either cut or traded, and fairly soon.

My guess is that it will be Malik Jackson.

(04-27-2018, 12:35 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Someone on that line is either cut or traded, and fairly soon.

I don't think so. Dareus will be gone next year and so will Fowler probably. Campbell isn't getting any younger either. This is a pick to build on beyond just 2018. Taven needs to refine his technique a little, I don't think they anticipate him starting quite yet

(04-27-2018, 08:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

My guess is that it will be Malik Jackson.

Unless you are getting a high 2nd rounder...keep Malik for the next 2 years and have him train Taven.

I think Dareus/Campbell/Fowler all go before Jackson.

(04-27-2018, 09:08 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 08:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: My guess is that it will be Malik Jackson.

Unless you are getting a high 2nd rounder...keep Malik for the next 2 years and have him train Taven.

That would be ideal, but I believe Bryan was drafted solely for the purpose of cutting a big salary and lowering our cap number. It's the only reason that makes sense to me.

(04-27-2018, 09:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:08 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Unless you are getting a high 2nd rounder...keep Malik for the next 2 years and have him train Taven.

That would be ideal, but I believe Bryan was drafted solely for the purpose of cutting a big salary and lowering our cap number. It's the only reason that makes sense to me.

I think Malik gets restructured before he gets cut...

Dareus is as good as gone unless he restructures to some crazy team friendly deal...Fowler probably the next one out as they will give his money to Yannick.

I was mad at first then I went to meh but now I am happy. No one can say this isn't a BAP pick. This is what we prepared ourselves for and we did it. Can't be mad at that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-27-2018, 09:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:08 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Unless you are getting a high 2nd rounder...keep Malik for the next 2 years and have him train Taven.

I think his ceiling is exactly what the Jags want out of our D-Lineman, and that should make sense to anyone... and that's why he was drafted. I like the chances of him reaching his potential with the guys we have around him. 

He definitely allows us to let go of one our largest salaries on the team.

(04-27-2018, 09:23 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would be ideal, but I believe Bryan was drafted solely for the purpose of cutting a big salary and lowering our cap number. It's the only reason that makes sense to me.

I think Malik gets restructured before he gets cut...

Dareus is as good as gone unless he restructures to some crazy team friendly deal...Fowler probably the next one out as they will give his money to Yannick.

Taven and Malik are the same type of player, a pass rushing DT. Dareus is solely a run stuffer. If we get rid of him, we'll need to find another NT.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 12:58 PM by BlueEyedJag.)

(04-27-2018, 12:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:23 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: I think Malik gets restructured before he gets cut...

Taven and Malik are the same type of player, a pass rushing DT. Dareus is solely a run stuffer. If we get rid of him, we'll need to find another NT.
I'm in agreence that Taven will be playing Malik's position and possibly some of Campbell's.

I just think for their current salaries Jackson's impact > Dareus' impact.

If I had to rank them in order of being cut it would be Dareus, Campbell, Fowler then Malik. I don't think Jackson//Campbell will be on the roster after the 2019 season anyways.

(04-27-2018, 12:57 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Taven and Malik are the same type of player, a pass rushing DT. Dareus is solely a run stuffer. If we get rid of him, we'll need to find another NT.
I'm in agreence that Taven will be playing Malik's position and possibly some of Campbell's.

If I had to rank them in order of being cut it would be Dareus, Campbell, Fowler then Malik.

So we should expect to draft a NT in the next couple of rounds? At this point, nothing would surprise me.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 03:32 PM by brianmsbc.)

(04-27-2018, 12:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:57 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: I'm in agreence that Taven will be playing Malik's position and possibly some of Campbell's.

If I had to rank them in order of being cut it would be Dareus, Campbell, Fowler then Malik.

So we should expect to draft a NT in the next couple of rounds? At this point, nothing would surprise me.

I don't think they are targeting a specific position... it is BAP. They said that much before the draft. At least that was the case in the first round.

(04-27-2018, 12:57 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: I'm in agreence that Taven will be playing Malik's position and possibly some of Campbell's.

Tim Settle in the 3rd?

(04-27-2018, 03:32 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: So we should expect to draft a NT in the next couple of rounds? At this point, nothing would surprise me.

Tim Settle in the 3rd?

Nothing would surprise me at this point.

BPA