Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Official 2018 NFL Draft Thread

I like the pick - dude can stretch the field.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-27-2018, 09:08 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: I like the pick - dude can stretch the field.

So do i !!

With Chark's vertical presence, eventually he'll be able to get that S out of the box.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

DJ Chark at 61?! DJ Chark is a steal at 61

I really like the pick.

Two thoughts though - is taking the place of Cole?

And does this realistically end our hopes of improving at TE and guard?

Dave said they tried to trade up to 50 to get him. No takers. Got their man anyways.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 09:24 PM by Achilles.)

(04-27-2018, 09:22 PM)jagboss Wrote: Dave said they tried to trade up to 50 to get him. No takers. Got their man anyways.

That's pretty wild. Makes me like the pick even more that we didn't have to give up extra haha

Would anyone be upset with shaqueem as our 3rd round pick?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(04-27-2018, 09:13 PM)Andy G Wrote: I really like the pick.

No. They found Linder in the third and there’s been many TE’s who have been drafted beyond the second who were great. Stop being an alarmist.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(04-27-2018, 09:25 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:13 PM)Andy G Wrote: I really like the pick.

No. They found Linder in the third and there’s been many TE’s who have been drafted beyond the second who were great. Stop being an alarmist.

Nope, I was just being a realist.

The better players at those positions have gone (or are likely to go before we pick next)

Of course we could get lucky, but the chances have reduced significantly.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 10:38 PM by TheBigDawg.)

Wouldn't be mad with Kyle Lauletta here.

It's Ronnie Harrison, strong safety Alabama.
Signature goes here.

Love the Harrison pick. Mayock has him at 34th overall prospect.

Guy had a 2nd round grade and he's listed as a top 50 talent.

(04-27-2018, 10:40 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: Guy had a 2nd round grade and he's listed as a top 50 talent.

Prisco thinks he’s just a box safety. Thoughts?
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-27-2018, 10:52 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 10:40 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: Guy had a 2nd round grade and he's listed as a top 50 talent.

Prisco thinks he’s just a box safety. Thoughts?

That's fine, we have Gipson at FS.

I hope we get a "project" QB tomorrow. Luke Falk looks like a guy I think fits that role. Some OL depth would be really nice too, someone who can play T/G so we have a little more versatility and I am a happy guy. Not sure about the 1st pick yet, the other 2 look good though.

(04-27-2018, 09:13 PM)Andy G Wrote: I really like the pick.

I have a feeling Dalton Schultz is a name we will hear called by the Jaguars on day 3.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/04/2...m-day-2/3/

Jaguars get an A for Chark and A+ for Ronnie Harrison

Speaking of homeruns, how bout them tacks? 2 top 20 players with zero picks in the top 20.

I guess we can call this the "all backups" draft. Despite Caldwell's claim that he looks to draft starters in the first three rounds, this year we drafted three backups...

Round one - backup to Malik Jackson
Round two - backup to Donte Moncrief
Round three - backup to Barry Church
'02

(04-28-2018, 06:25 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I guess we can call this the "all backups" draft. Despite Caldwell's claim that he looks to draft starters in the first three rounds, this year we drafted three backups...

Round one - backup to Malik Jackson
Round two - backup to Donte Moncrief
Round three - backup to Barry Church

Even in round 1 we weren't really in a position to draft anyone that was going to start week 1 unless we went probably OL.

Drafting backups just means that your roster is stacked.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."