Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan Buying Wembley Stadium

£800m is the rumoured figure to buy Wembley, what does this even mean for the Jags?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nothing except it will be even more of a home presence there. We're not moving there
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I can't see him spending all that money renovating the stadium to move the Jags to Wembley, it just seems strange.

Wow.

(04-26-2018, 07:53 AM)Brindle91 Wrote: I can't see him spending all that money renovating the stadium to move the Jags to Wembley, it just seems strange.

If the reports are accurate, he's spending a billion to buy Wembley.  That trumps what he's spent here.  

Some reports indicate this will eventually become the Jags home field.  Some say it COULD happen.  Let's hope that's all crap, but when your team owner buys a stadium in London, that is certainly cause for questions.

Not gonna sweat it at this point.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Oh boy, this is less than ideal.

It's a big moneymaker.

Current debt for the previous renovations are scheduled to be paid off in 2024.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

It is a smart deal for Shad. Now he can own a team and host all the games in London and make even more money.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

As they just said on 1010, everything they've done in Jax flys in the face of moving the team.

Theres also the possibility that we would keep more of the revenue generated from that game and maybe use it as the Fulham home field. He'd also earn revenue from all the other NFL games played at the stadium.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-26-2018, 08:14 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Oh boy, this is less than ideal.

But completely predictable.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

It can also be leveraged into getting more money from Jax to renovate The Bank.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Wembley is used for all sorts of things from International Soccer, Domestic Soccer finals and playoffs to concerts or shows as well as 2 NFL games a year. It could be him just making a very shrewd investment, but they are also building a Jaguars practice facility here too. I think it'll result in 4 games here and 4 games in Jax

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 08:24 AM by SamusAranX.)

Again, he’d have to prove a loss for three consecutive years here or the stadium would have to be in disrepair for Khan to move the team. Neither is the case

Wow this is potentially crazy! As a fan from the U.K I personally would rather see the team stay in Florida. Don't get me wrong, I love watching the jags, but it is a really huge special occasion when they play here annually. For me, living in the North of England, it would be too expensive to travel and attend home games regularly. Yes, the Jags have a UK fan base, but I don't think it's anywhere near as people seem to think.

Fans from the UK sell out the stadiums because they want to go and watch football, not because they are all necessarily Jags fans. The biggest Franchise's over here by miles are the Patriots, Packers, Raiders, Seahawks and Steelers.

It's not like Wembley is a small venue either, it seats 90,000 - that's not going to sell out in a hurry.

I know he’s spent a lot of money on Jacksonville, but you’ve got to wonder if he’d want more than one game at Wembley after spending more than $1bn to buy it.

I hope the Jaguars come out really quickly to explain this and don’t leave it hanging about.

(04-26-2018, 08:18 AM)UKJag Wrote: Wembley is used for all sorts of things from International Soccer, Domestic Soccer finals and playoffs to concerts or shows as well as 2 NFL games a year. It could be him just making a very shrewd investment, but they are also building a Jaguars practice facility here too. I think it'll result in 4 games here and 4 games in Jax

That would be the dumbest thing in the world

(04-26-2018, 08:12 AM)FBT Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 07:53 AM)Brindle91 Wrote: I can't see him spending all that money renovating the stadium to move the Jags to Wembley, it just seems strange.

If the reports are accurate, he's spending a billion to buy Wembley.  That trumps what he's spent here.  

Some reports indicate this will eventually become the Jags home field.  Some say it COULD happen.  Let's hope that's all crap, but when your team owner buys a stadium in London, that is certainly cause for questions.

Not gonna sweat it at this point.

^This.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

British news article says the Fulham team will NOT play there and speculates (a lot) on Jags moving there.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal...24286.html

Who is going to want to live in London with all of that travel?? NFLPA would be sooooo pissed

(04-26-2018, 08:23 AM)Andy G Wrote: I know he’s spent a lot of money on Jacksonville, but you’ve got to wonder if he’d want more than one game at Wembley after spending more than $1bn to buy it.

I hope the Jaguars come out really quickly to explain this and don’t leave it hanging about.

He'll get all the money from any NFL team that plays there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato