Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What position will the Jags draft at #29?
This poll is closed.
OL
65.31%
32 65.31%
TE
18.37%
9 18.37%
WR
2.04%
1 2.04%
QB
6.12%
3 6.12%
LB
4.08%
2 4.08%
DL
4.08%
2 4.08%
CB
0%
0 0%
S
0%
0 0%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NFL Draft - Round One - Live Thread

All set to go in Dallas!  

Discuss round one as it happens here. 

[Image: Dbt5a6VUwAAg36b.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can't wait, This is gonna be a wild first round.

I think we go O-line first round. We should know in about 11 hours.

It's going to be a long 8 hours
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

The only pick that we could realistically make at 29 that would upset me would be Hurst. I think we go O-line though, and I actually like all of the O-line prospects in that range. What I'm really hoping for is that we shock everyone and take Mike Gesicki.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 12:41 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

(04-26-2018, 11:27 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: All set to go in Dallas!  

Discuss round one as it happens here. 

[Image: Dbt5a6VUwAAg36b.jpg]

Lol! The only thing I can focus on in this picture is all the dang cables (or is it just a picture scratch or something. Originally looked like cables, but now I can't tell lol). It looks like it's raining..... I'd be so nervous if I had to play under that big ol' thing.... Me and my draft buds almost thought about attending it out there.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(04-26-2018, 12:08 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: The only pick that we could realistically make at 29 that would upset me would be Hurst. I think we go O-line though, and I actually like all of the O-line prospects in that range. What I'm really hoping for is that we shock everyone and take Mike Gesicki.

I imagine you'd be pretty upset if they picked me. I run the 40 in about 8 seconds.

Realistically by the time we pick it'll be like what, 11pm EST?

(04-26-2018, 01:31 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Realistically by the time we pick it'll be like what, 11pm EST?

It's funny, I just popped in here to post that after drafting in the top five for how many consecutive years, I'm not sure how quite how to feel about this one. One can almost predict who a team might select if they're in the top five, and all the pre-draft hoopla around that is exciting. We're in no such spot this year, and yes, it will be late when we pick. I'm guessing it will be after 11pm. If I remember correctly, the last few drafts were still going when I got home from work, and I work until 11pm. I want to say it was still in the early to mid twenties even then.

(04-26-2018, 01:46 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 01:31 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Realistically by the time we pick it'll be like what, 11pm EST?

It's funny, I just popped in here to post that after drafting in the top five for how many consecutive years, I'm not sure how quite how to feel about this one. One can almost predict who a team might select if they're in the top five, and all the pre-draft hoopla around that is exciting. We're in no such spot this year, and yes, it will be late when we pick. I'm guessing it will be after 11pm. If I remember correctly, the last few drafts were still going when I got home from work, and I work until 11pm. I want to say it was still in the early to mid twenties even then.

Gonna be a long night at the stadium

I always think about how these draftees are feeling right now. Knowing your just a couple hours away from a multi million dollar paycheck and a completely different life... has to be an incredible, long, day.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Is the draft a good excuse to eat wings and drink beer on a Thursday?

(04-26-2018, 05:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Is the draft a good excuse to eat wings and drink beer on a Thursday?

It's as good as any, IMO.

Any excuse would do, TBH.  Some are more tasty than others.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

When are the Jags projected to be picking time wise?

(04-26-2018, 05:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Is the draft a good excuse to eat wings and drink beer on a Thursday?

Absolutely. Follow game day rules.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 05:24 PM by pirkster.)

(04-26-2018, 01:46 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:

Keep in mind trades could extend the night further.  This one could be a record for first round trades.

You may be home in time to catch it if you get there by 11:30 at the latest.

If we average 7 minutes per pick that would put us around 11:28.

(04-26-2018, 05:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: When are the Jags projected to be picking time wise?

I'm projecting 11:28.

Could be later with trades.  Faster without.

I certainly would want to tune in/start paying attention by 11pm.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-26-2018, 05:08 PM)pirkster Wrote:

It's as good as any, IMO.

(04-26-2018, 05:22 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Absolutely. Follow game day rules.

I knew I liked you guys for good reason.

Gotta be a long fun night!
I think the Jags will be picking around 5.30 am my time here, I'll manage to stay up tonight but (like every year) the challenge will be tomorrow staying up all night again for round 2-3.

Let's enjoy it guys Smile

(04-26-2018, 05:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 05:08 PM)pirkster Wrote: It's as good as any, IMO.

(04-26-2018, 05:22 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Absolutely. Follow game day rules.

I knew I liked you guys for good reason.

[Image: M6o_Tx3n.jpg]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Cleveland gonna shock the world and pick LJ #1 OVR and we are gonna trade back.