Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What position will the Jags draft at #29?
This poll is closed.
OL
65.31%
32 65.31%
TE
18.37%
9 18.37%
WR
2.04%
1 2.04%
QB
6.12%
3 6.12%
LB
4.08%
2 4.08%
DL
4.08%
2 4.08%
CB
0%
0 0%
S
0%
0 0%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NFL Draft - Round One - Live Thread

(04-26-2018, 11:26 PM)Kcirred Wrote: I get the pick but its kind of underwhelming, like taking Alualu again, except at 29.

To be fair, Alualu looked like a late first or early 2nd round pick. I think Bryan is a bit more athletic than him though

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mel Kiper said he has physical traits remnicent of Watt.

No one envision Josh Jackson available... wow. Taven.. Wow.. Total no brain move

(04-26-2018, 11:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We should be drafting to win a championship NOW. Not drafting to decrease the payroll in 2019. That's what losing teams do.

yup, waited 3 hours and 20 minutes for this pick

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 11:29 PM by DuvalJag.)

(04-26-2018, 11:25 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: You have need at OL.  But you use your #1 pick on a position that is the position of LEAST need on the team?  And on a one year wonder who isn't even a 1st round talent??  Dear Lord.  We're the stinking Browns.

Didn’t realize the Browns made it to the AFC championship! Try to have some semblance of intelligence.

Go Jags !

(04-26-2018, 11:28 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Mel Kiper said he has physical traits remnicent of Watt.

Cause he’s a white DT? I don’t get the comparison.

This was a terrible pick.

If it means anything, he had the 11th highest grade on nfl.com

(04-26-2018, 11:28 PM)Markulous Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 11:26 PM)Kcirred Wrote: I get the pick but its kind of underwhelming, like taking Alualu again, except at 29.

To be fair, Alualu looked like a late first or early 2nd round pick. I think Bryan is a bit more athletic than him though

Yeah I'm not upset about it, just underwhelmed a little is all. Guy definitely has potential.  Pretty athletic and strong for a guy his size.

I think the means a few things:

1. They really think Cann will be better this year than last year.
2. They feel the D-Line wore out in the 4th quarters with less pressure later in the season. Moving to more of a rotation to keep everyone fresh, like what the Eagles did last year.
3. Allows cap flexibility.

Only question about Taven Bryan. Isn't he best suited for a defense that utilizes the blitzes more than the Jags?

why are we the only team that does not stockpile competent RB's? Patriots just drafted another RB. Any one of their RB's could be a successful starter. We have defensive lineman for days

(04-26-2018, 11:24 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: We coulda took Hughes FFS...

Forget Huges... we could took Joshua Jackson if we wanted a CB. We also could have talke Lamar Jackson, Dallas Goedert, Courtand Sutton, Conner Williams, etc, etc. 

'02

(04-26-2018, 11:31 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: why are we the only team that does not stockpile competent RB's? Patriots just drafted another RB. Any one of their RB's could be a successful starter. We have defensive lineman for days

I mean didn't the Jags have 3 competent RB's last year?

Maybe we trade up in round two. I’m spiraling here. So confused.

Trust in Coughwell, but man I’m shocked on this one. Hope he proves me wrong and becomes the next Stroud/Henderson.

Is this Lamar Jackson?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I have seen him compared to Fletcher Cox also.

They took a swing at a high potential player late in the first.

He wasn’t my choice, but for [BLEEP] sake stop freaking out before the man takes a snap.

And there goes Jackson!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Finally some good new! Now I don't have to worry about Jackson.

(04-26-2018, 11:31 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: why are we the only team that does not stockpile competent RB's? Patriots just drafted another RB. Any one of their RB's could be a successful starter. We have defensive lineman for days

we still got nick chubb in the 3rd