Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What position will the Jags draft at #29?
This poll is closed.
OL
65.31%
32 65.31%
TE
18.37%
9 18.37%
WR
2.04%
1 2.04%
QB
6.12%
3 6.12%
LB
4.08%
2 4.08%
DL
4.08%
2 4.08%
CB
0%
0 0%
S
0%
0 0%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NFL Draft - Round One - Live Thread

(04-26-2018, 11:33 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: Maybe we trade up in round two.  I’m spiraling here.  So confused.

Trust in Coughwell, but man I’m shocked on this one.  Hope he proves me wrong and becomes the next Stroud/Henderson.

I hope not. I don't wanna give up draft picks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-26-2018, 11:33 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 11:24 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: We coulda took Hughes FFS...

Forget Huges... we could took Joshua Jackson if we wanted a CB. We also could have talke Lamar Jackson, Dallas Goedert, Courtand Sutton, Conner Williams, etc, etc. 

Panicked again like when Colvin got signed away and they overpaid for Hayden. They wanted Hurst..... freakin Taven ? they literally looked at their board and said... uhhhh take this guy!

I actually really like the pick, if you wanted BAP then you got it

I wish we could be a little more focused on offense. It's obvious that we could use some help, but I know, I know, you can never have enough pass rushers.

(04-26-2018, 11:29 PM)DuvalJag Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 11:25 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: You have need at OL.  But you use your #1 pick on a position that is the position of LEAST need on the team?  And on a one year wonder who isn't even a 1st round talent??  Dear Lord.  We're the stinking Browns.

Didn’t realize the Browns made it to the AFC championship! Try to have some semblance of intelligence.

Go Jags !

Don't talk about intelligence when you can't understand a reference to FO incompetence rather than play on the field last year.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(04-26-2018, 11:35 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:

Forget Huges... we could took Joshua Jackson if we wanted a CB. We also could have talke Lamar Jackson, Dallas Goedert, Courtand Sutton, Conner Williams, etc, etc. 

Panicked again like when Colvin got signed away and they overpaid for Hayden. They wanted Hurst..... freakin Taven ? they literally looked at their board and said... uhhhh take this guy!

Yup, just like that wimpy Jaguar GM portrayed in that movie in Draft Day

(04-26-2018, 11:35 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:

Yeah I bet after months and months of planning, if Hurst was their plan A, the jaguars just didn't even come up with a plan B.....

Some of you guys will fabricate whatever you need just to try and take a shot at the front office.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Lol taven bryant.

Coulda had Lamar Jackson or anybody else on offense. But yet they wanna trot Lewis back out there with Lee and Bortles.

(04-26-2018, 11:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 11:33 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: Maybe we trade up in round two.  I’m spiraling here.  So confused.

Trust in Coughwell, but man I’m shocked on this one.  Hope he proves me wrong and becomes the next Stroud/Henderson.

I hope not. I don't wanna give up draft picks.
I agree, I hate trading up, particularly in a draft so rich in rounds 2-4, but I’m just really surprised.  Overreacting cus I’m drunk, I wish this kid nothing but the best and I’m sure we did our homework since he’s in our backyard, I’m just surprised.  Cut me a break bud?.

(04-26-2018, 11:31 PM)Kcirred Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 11:28 PM)Markulous Wrote: To be fair, Alualu looked like a late first or early 2nd round pick. I think Bryan is a bit more athletic than him though

Yeah I'm not upset about it, just underwhelmed a little is all. Guy definitely has potential.  Pretty athletic and strong for a guy his size.

Kind of how I feel. I like the player, just kinda wanted Hernandez there to beef up our offensive line even more. I don't hate the pick. At least we didn't take a WR.

(04-26-2018, 11:41 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Lol taven bryant.

Coulda had Lamar Jackson or anybody else on offense. But yet they wanna trot Lewis back out there with Lee and Bortles.

Lewis is gone brotha... 

Needed some BEEF for LF24...

Well WalterFootball loves the pick with an A- grade...he usually hates everything we do.

LOL

catch up bro

For some reason... the FO... loves CANN!!! Cann is the RG.... period.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 11:45 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Yes we needed some beef. Not a defensive player.

Now if they cut Jackson, then ill be singing a different tune. Guess ill wait.

(04-26-2018, 11:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

LOL

catch up bro

Honestly forgot

Lewis was cut bro...that’s the second time today you’ve mentioned him.  No offense intended, but if you’re gonna criticize at least be caught up on the roster.

(04-26-2018, 11:45 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote:

Lewis was cut bro...that’s the second time today you’ve mentioned him.  No offense intended, but if you’re gonna criticize at least be caught up on the roster.
too busy go karting with mario

The Jags took the highest guy on their board, period! I've seen several sites where he was considered a top 15-20 talent in this draft. This is why they did what they did in free agency. Hernandez would have been nice, but I'm fine with this pick. No doubt, they will add at least 1 offensive lineman, a tight end and wide receiver later in the draft. I have faith in Coughlin and Caldwell and those highly critical of this pick will hopefully be eating crow before too long.

Worst part of the draft was watching Shazier.... why would Goodell even do that! Jags pick is so bad but watching Shazier.... cmon man...

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 11:52 PM by Achilles.)

(04-26-2018, 11:48 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Worst part of the draft was watching Shazier.... why would Goodell even do that! Jags pick is so bad but watching Shazier.... cmon man...

What is wrong with you?

(04-26-2018, 11:47 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: The Jags took the highest guy on their board, period! I've seen several sites where he was considered a top 15-20 talent in this draft. This is why they did what they did in free agency. Hernandez would have been nice, but I'm fine with this pick. No doubt, they will add at least 1 offensive lineman, a tight end and wide receiver later in the draft. I have faith in Coughlin and Caldwell and those highly critical of this pick will hopefully be eating crow before too long.

That pick was also in immediately. I think they we're thrilled that he was still there and they got their guy. 

Looking for an offensive splash in day 2.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."