Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Select Taven Bryant

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 11:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Dont forget about Smoot. Smoot will take over for Campbell and Bryan for Jackson

Looks like they went BPA in their eyes

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just want a Super Bowl this year.

This becomes a good pick in the future. Im too selfish to realize it. I want a championship now.

We can now win a game of Red River against any other team's Defensive Lineman squad.

I have a feeling he's going to be tossed around by NFL linemen.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 11:52 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(04-26-2018, 11:48 PM)knarnn Wrote: I picked him in our board mock draft for Philly. He’s a Calais clone and future pro bowler.

Future pro bowler? Wow

(04-26-2018, 11:50 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I have a feeling he's going to be tossed around by NFL linemen.

Yeah, hes like 290'ish. Derek Landri

http://baltimoresportsandlife.com/kirwan...nfl-draft/

That's a link for a guy's "Explosion" factor. Bryan has a 75 and scored well on agility too. Yannick was in the mid 70s. It's not a guarantee, but it just means a guy over 70 was "excellent." For a DT to get over 70, that's insane. I saw him play some games at UF and thought he was pretty solid. He's got tons of potential. This is a pick for the future. Either Malik or Marcel are gone in 2019, and we need to resign Yannick, too. This guy is gonna be our future at DT.

Great pick. Period.
BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 11:54 PM by Rockman1966.)

Kiper had him as #16 overall player in his Top 300.
First noticed him in past years FSU game, he was very disruptive. Beat double-teams throughout the game.
Can't pay everyone......

(04-26-2018, 11:51 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 11:48 PM)knarnn Wrote: I picked him in our board mock draft for Philly. He’s a Calais clone and future pro bowler.

Future pro bowler? Wow
And yet he only started 1 year in college.

I understand the need to cut 1 DT next season, but at least get help the offense

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

My frustration with this pick is building. Are the Jaguars even going to talk about it? Where Marrone? Coughlin? I want to hear what they have to say, but I'm seeing nothing.
'02

Have you guys seen what our defensive linemen are getting paid?

Bryan is here because he can do the job of everyone on the defensive line except Yannick. That's good, because between the expensive Jackson and Dareus and the aging Campbell, something's gotta give. When it does, Bryan will be the guy to take over. This is a pick for the future. It's looking past R. Jay Soward, who's the flashy pick, and drafting Keith Bulluck instead because even though you don't need him today, you're going to be happy he's around in a couple of years.

They've been talking over at jaguars.com

Rich Eisen on NFL Network couldn't believe that the D will be even better

Easily the worst 1st round pick on draft night in Jaguars history. I get wanting to take the best available player, but he is likely our 4th string defensive tackle. You don't use your 1st round pick for a 4th string defensive tackle. The only way he climbs the depth chart is with the release of players that are better than him. This pick was made with the hopes/anticipation that he'll play at a Pro Bowl or Near Pro Bowl level within a year and replace Malik Jackson. That is absolutely insane to believe this will happen. He would have to be a top 5 pick talent to justify taking here... He's not. He has averaged less than two tackles per game for a 30 game career and has 5.5 career sacks over that span. He made minimal impact on the Florida defense.

(04-26-2018, 11:50 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I have a feeling he's going to be tossed around by NFL linemen.
Like Malik Jackson?

(04-26-2018, 11:42 PM)Jags239 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 11:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: Relax your kacks.

He's Malik Jacksons/Calais Campbell's replacement (which we need).

He's was top of their board and is one of the freakiest athletes we have seen at his spot.

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/9897...57152?s=19

Is there a list of the 10 ahead of him? Just to see what their careers were like.

https://relativeathleticscores.com/tag/d...ve-tackle/

(04-26-2018, 11:54 PM)TJBender Wrote: Have you guys seen what our defensive linemen are getting paid?

Bryan is here because he can do the job of everyone on the defensive line except Yannick. That's good, because between the expensive Jackson and Dareus and the aging Campbell, something's gotta give. When it does, Bryan will be the guy to take over. This is a pick for the future. It's looking past R. Jay Soward, who's the flashy pick, and drafting Keith Bulluck instead because even though you don't need him today, you're going to be happy he's around in a couple of years.

That's just it. It's a pick for the future. So was Caldwell lying to us when he said he drafts immediate starters early? 

'02

(04-23-2018, 07:23 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 07:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think it’s Hurst or Goedert.

I don't.  I think it's best lineman to fall to us.

(04-26-2018, 11:54 PM)Jags02 Wrote: My frustration with this pick is building. Are the Jaguars even going to talk about it? Where Marrone? Coughlin? I want to hear what they have to say, but I'm seeing nothing.

Honestly, I feel like Gene Smith made this pick

Except half the size of Calais... And the fact that Calais has almost as many sacks in one game against NFL players as Taven had in his entire 30 game career against college players.

I wonder what Smoot thinks about this?