Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So who is left that you would trade the 2019 1st for?

Sorry about ending that question with a preposition, but I'm hoping that my point got across. It's a long-known idea that this year's pick is worth next year's pick, plus one round. Granted, with JAX probably being seen as a late round pick, they will have to sweeten the deal some, but I think it's a good starting point for this discussion...

Are there any players still available in this draft that you think are First Round worthy? Who are they? What do you think is quality compensation to get them? For me, I would be tempted to move up for Hernandez (OG), Jackson (CB) or Williams (OT/G).
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nobody.

Mason Rudolph

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 09:18 AM by I am Yoda.)

I want a nasty OL. But I'm not trading next year's #1. I'd be more inclined to send a package that includes one of the overcrowded DL.

(04-27-2018, 09:16 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Mason Rudolph

Do you think Mason would be an upgrade over Blake in the next 2 years?
[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-27-2018, 09:17 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I want a nasty OL.  But I'm not trading next year's #1.  I'd be more inclined to send a package that includes one of the overcrowded DL.

Absolutely.

(04-27-2018, 09:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:17 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I want a nasty OL.  But I'm not trading next year's #1.  I'd be more inclined to send a package that includes one of the overcrowded DL.

Absolutely.

Not arguing, just asking for understanding because I see them similarly.  Is he more accurate?  Does he read the defenses better?
[Image: giphy.gif]

You would trade a first round pick for a guy that's gonna go mid 2?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 12:41 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-27-2018, 09:21 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Absolutely.

Not arguing, just asking for understanding because I see them similarly.  Is he more accurate?  Does he read the defenses better?

He is way more accurate and consistent. Hecan actually throw the ball downfield with accuracy. He has the best deep ball in college football.

(04-27-2018, 09:28 AM)Achilles Wrote:

You would trade a first round pick for a guy that's gonna go mid 2?

Yes I would, because I believe he is a franchise QB and he won't make it to our 2nd round pick.

Nobody, you dont trade away a future 1st for a 2nd

(04-27-2018, 12:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Nobody, you dont trade away a future 1st for a 2nd

Unless you are getting a franchise QB.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 12:48 PM by Adam2012.)

First round picks are too valuable! There is no one who is a certain choice. You can't be sure of anyone - too many variables. Just pick the best player who is there when it's your turn.

Trust the process! Hey, it (sort) of worked for the 76ers.

And Mason Rudolph? Really? All 32 team's GMs and scouting departments were wrong? Don't do it.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(04-27-2018, 12:48 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: First round picks are too valuable! There is no one who is a certain choice. You can't be sure of anyone - too many variables. Just pick the best player who is there when it's your turn.

And Mason Rudolph? Really? All 32 team's GMs and scouting departments were wrong? Don't do it.

32 teams were wrong about Drew Brees. 32 teams passed on Tom Brady multiple times. Plenty of franchise QB's have not been first rounders.

(04-27-2018, 12:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:48 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: First round picks are too valuable! There is no one who is a certain choice. You can't be sure of anyone - too many variables. Just pick the best player who is there when it's your turn.

32 teams were wrong about Drew Brees. 32 teams passed on Tom Brady multiple times. Plenty of franchise QB's have not been first rounders.
Also Tony Romo and Kurt Warner. Neither were even drafted.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Every expert and GM disagrees with you. Nobody wants him. Especially not to the Jags, we don't need him.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 01:13 PM by knarnn.)

(04-27-2018, 12:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Nobody, you dont trade away a future 1st for a 2nd

I'm not trading a future 1st rounder to move up for Rudolph.

I'll take my chances for Lauletta or White to fall. Given the talent currently on the board I like those chances.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-27-2018, 12:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

No. You wouldn't trade a future first for a guy that's gonna go mid 2. If it's a QB that you want there, ok, work out a package to trade up, but why would you volunteer to overpay with a 1st right off the bat?

That's ridiculous logic. No one savvy in the business would do that. No one.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Nobody, because I'm not Gene Smith. And that's a Gene Smith move.

Yesterday would have been the day to do it for someone like Rosen or something. Not giving up a first unless a stud veteran player is involved in the trade.

What idiot GM gives up a next year 1st round pick to move up the top of the 2nd round

Nobody at this point. I think they'll have plenty of value lined up to choose from tonight when the 61st pick comes up.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."