Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Could we really get Griffin in the 4th?

Im surprised he hasnt been picked yet. If we could steal him in the 4th we get more value and fill a need.

Or do we go offense?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-28-2018, 04:27 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Im surprised he hasnt been picked yet. If we could steal him in the 4th we get more value and fill a need.

Or do we go offense?

He was projected by NFL.com to go in the 4th or 5th rd so it shouldn't be a surprise he is still on the board.

He's a great athlete and a great story but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes undrafted.

I think there is a legitimate concern as to his ability to tackle effectively at this level. NFL players don't go down as easily as college players. You have to wrap up when making tackles at this level and unfortunately for him that may be something he won't be able to do effectively enough to be successful.

Drafted or not, I'm sure he will be given a shot to make someone's roster, but I think teams may be hesitant to use a pick on him.

I like it and can't wait to see him prove the same people wrong again. I like quick ball skills and twitchy althletes who make plays and he's one of em.

JPP had 68 tackles and 8.5 sacks last year and he basically has one hand. At least one useable hand.

Shaq is going to be awesome and I hope we get him
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I'd be fine with him in the 4th for sure.

He's not near the very top of my best available's currently, but by the end of the 4th he could be. Would be a nice story at the least.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2018, 09:05 AM by Jagsfan32277.)

Drafting Griffin equals more media attention, more fans, thus more revenue. Cha ching. Kahn and Lamping in Caldwell's face banging the table in the war room to draft him.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2018, 09:15 AM by brianmsbc.)

Maybe I'm in the minority but the hand thing concerns me. He can only play his position and if you are the 3rd linebacker that's a problem. I don't know how you play special teams with one hand, and in the NFL you just need both hands for getting off blocks. Hope I'm wrong.

I think its not outside the realm of possibility that he doesn't get drafted.

(04-28-2018, 09:14 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: Maybe I'm in the minority but the hand thing concerns me. He can only play his position and if you are the 3rd linebacker that's a problem. I don't know how you play special teams with one hand, and in the NFL you just need both hands for getting off blocks. Hope I'm wrong.

You can't play ST with one hand?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2018, 09:31 AM by brianmsbc.)

(04-28-2018, 09:23 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(04-28-2018, 09:14 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: Maybe I'm in the minority but the hand thing concerns me. He can only play his position and if you are the 3rd linebacker that's a problem. I don't know how you play special teams with one hand, and in the NFL you just need both hands for getting off blocks. Hope I'm wrong.

You can't play ST with one hand?

I don't know how you can. I think he will have trouble blocking and getting off blocks.

Players play with clubs on their hands all the time when they fracture a bone. What’s different from Griffin basically doing the same with his hand?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-28-2018, 09:27 AM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(04-28-2018, 09:23 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: You can't play ST with one hand?

I don't know how you can. I think he will have trouble blocking and getting off blocks.

I just dont understand this thought. As knarnn said, players play with clubs all the time, its essentially the same thing. 

And like I mentioned earlier, JPP's hand is essentially just as useful as Griffin's and it doesn't seem to limit him anymore. And Shaq has been dealing with it his whole life, not just a couple years
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

End of the 4th you're close to the point where you are throwing darts anyway.

Hey guys, it's not like he just lost his hand. He's grown up with this condition. He pled with his mother to have it removed. He's learned how to deal with it and it didn't prevent him from playing D1 football and was a huge contributor on a team that went undefeated last season. I think his speed is very intriguing and as many have pointed out he fills on need at LB. He can tackle, cover and rush the passer. The speed at the second level for the Jags would be amazing. Sign me up at pick 129!

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2018, 11:46 AM by brianmsbc.)

(04-28-2018, 10:36 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(04-28-2018, 09:27 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: I don't know how you can. I think he will have trouble blocking and getting off blocks.

I just dont understand this thought. As knarnn said, players play with clubs all the time, its essentially the same thing. 

And like I mentioned earlier, JPP's hand is essentially just as useful as Griffin's and it doesn't seem to limit him anymore. And Shaq has been dealing with it his whole life, not just a couple years

You guys are missing my original point. The guys you are talking about were established STARTERS and played every down. In Griffin's case he would play 3rd LB (at best) which means he will need to find other ways to contribute. Missing a hand will significantly hinder his ability to play Special Teams (which requires blocking and disengaging blocks).

(04-28-2018, 11:44 AM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(04-28-2018, 10:36 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I just dont understand this thought. As knarnn said, players play with clubs all the time, its essentially the same thing. 

You guys are missing my original point. The guys you are talking about were established STARTERS and played every down. In Griffin's case he would play 3rd LB (at best) which means he will need to find other ways to contribute. Missing a hand will significantly hinder his ability to play Special Teams.

Guess what?

He played ST in college.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-28-2018, 10:36 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I just dont understand this thought. As knarnn said, players play with clubs all the time, its essentially the same thing. 

You guys are missing my original point. The guys you are talking about were established STARTERS and played every down. In Griffin's case he would play 3rd LB (at best) which means he will need to find other ways to contribute. Missing a hand will significantly hinder his ability to play Special Teams (which requires blocking and disengaging blocks).

Oh I understand your point. I just think you're completely wrong.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-28-2018, 11:46 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-28-2018, 11:44 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: You guys are missing my original point. The guys you are talking about were established STARTERS and played every down. In Griffin's case he would play 3rd LB (at best) which means he will need to find other ways to contribute. Missing a hand will significantly hinder his ability to play Special Teams.

Guess what?

He played ST in college.

Hey, I'm rooting for the guy... as is everyone in the nation... just saying my opinion... the AAC isn't the NFL.

He could be another Telvin Smith like steal today in hopefully about an hour when we are up to pick. His missing hand doesn't scare me one bit. His highlight reels were all I needed to see and the athlete we saw at the combine translates into the production he had for UCF.

And he's dealt with it his entire life. So he's made up for it I am sure with technique and instincts. I think with our defense and our ability to swarm to the football as it already stands just makes his life easier to get involved to make a play.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

You're point is not lost.  He's a rare athlete who's had to overcome a significant handicap all his life.  Do you remember Jim Abbott?  I'm sure there were people like you who doubted his ability to pitch in the Major Leagues with just one hand.  Guess what?  He was a superstar and pitched a no-hitter.