Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who starts at WR?

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2018, 03:47 AM by Andy G.)

I think we are stronger at the receiver position now, despite the departures of ARob and Hurns, but its anyone’s guess what the depth chart will look like.

And does someone get cut?

I think they start with the more experienced Moncrief and Lee as their starting pair, with Westbrook as the next man in. Cole and Chark will start as bit-players.

But if Chark could rise up that list if he impresses.

Mickens could be gone unless he’s seen as being too valuable in the return game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How many did we keep last year? 5?

At this point I imagine Chark and Moncrief battling for the start. I'll guess Moncrief starts the season, but you know he'll be looking over his shoulder...

Split-end: Moncrief, Chark
Flanker: Cole, Lee
Slot: Westbrook, Mickens
'02

I honestly have no clue.

Lee will probably start. After that it's anyone's guess. Conventional wisdom is that Moncrief got a lot of money but in reality that's just what it cost for a veteran receiver. If Keelan Cole out plays in in the preseason I don't see it being cost prohibitive for him to sit.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2018, 08:21 AM by SeldomRite.)

(04-29-2018, 08:00 AM)Jags02 Wrote: At this point I imagine Chark and Moncrief battling for the start. I'll guess Moncrief starts the season, but you know he'll be looking over his shoulder...

Split-end: Moncrief, Chark
Flanker: Cole, Lee
Slot: Westbrook, Mickens

It's hard for me to imagine a very unproven rookie starting the season. Definitely Lee, that's why they re-signed him, and probably Moncrief for now, though if he doesn't show much it could easily be Cole instead, maybe even Westbrook.

Lee, Moncrief, Cole are likely topping the depth chart, but it won't really matter.
Whoever is showing out at the end of preseason will get their snaps.
"Starts" won't mean much with this corps IMO.
They'll scheme to player strentghs - utilize speed to stretch in play action.

I can see Chark getting a lot of reps as the season goes on. I don't have as much faith in Moncrief as a lot of people seem to do.

If we're only keeping 5 its:

Lee
Moncrief
Cole
Westbrook
Chark

In no particular order. With Lazard making the team as a TE
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

My main question with Chark is how are his hands? He seems to catch the ball a lot with his body. I'm hoping he isn't Troy Williamson 2.0 who also ran a 4.34.

I'm still concerned about wr losing arob and hurns is going to hurt at first.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(04-29-2018, 10:52 AM)EricC85 Wrote: I'm still concerned about wr losing arob and hurns is going to hurt at first.

Overall production from our WRs will be as good or better than last year.  I'm not worried about it because they were good enough to make it to the SB but were robbed by the refs.

(04-29-2018, 10:52 AM)EricC85 Wrote: I'm still concerned about wr losing arob and hurns is going to hurt at first.

Maybe. He did miss quite a bit of time last year and Cole/Westbrook have some experience now. It could be a relatively seamless transition.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-29-2018, 10:38 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: My main question with Chark is how are his hands? He seems to catch the ball a lot with his body. I'm hoping he isn't Troy Williamson 2.0 who also ran a 4.34.

He needs to catch better and learn how to run routes a lot better, basically be a better receiver. He's bigger and more physical than Williamson was, so he has that at least.

Either way, I don't expect him to do a ton on offense this year.

Lee
Moncrief
Cole
Westbrook
Chark
Lazard

I think we keep 6. I'm hoping Lazard shows out. I wouldn't move him to TE yet. He seems capable on short outs and can win the 50/50 balls With his size at 6'4", 220 he would be valuable in the slot in RZ situations. I don't think Chark is strong enough to handle RZ. If/when Blake learns how to throw the fade Lazard could be a serious weapon. Besides, he ran a 4.55 in the 40 which is nothing to sneeze at for someone his size. As much as I love Jaydon, I think he's the odd man out. Would Jaydon be eligible for PS?

(04-29-2018, 11:10 AM)JaxonJag24 Wrote: Lee
Moncrief
Cole
Westbrook
Chark
Lazard

I think we keep 6.  I'm hoping Lazard shows out.  I wouldn't move him to TE yet.  He seems capable on short outs and can win the 50/50 balls  With his size at 6'4", 220 he would be valuable in the slot in RZ situations.  I don't think Chark is strong enough to handle RZ.  If/when Blake learns how to throw the fade Lazard could be a serious weapon.  Besides, he ran a 4.55 in the 40 which is nothing to sneeze at for someone his size.   As much as I love Jaydon, I think he's the odd man out.  Would Jaydon be eligible for PS?

The size of Lazard has me thinking maybe as a replacement for Benn. He was always very important on special teams.

Remember when we were worried if Reggie Williams and Matt Jones would be adequate? Good times

Moncrief
Cole
Westbrook
Chark
Lazard

I think we keep 6.  I'm hoping Lazard shows out.  I wouldn't move him to TE yet.  He seems capable on short outs and can win the 50/50 balls  With his size at 6'4", 220 he would be valuable in the slot in RZ situations.  I don't think Chark is strong enough to handle RZ.  If/when Blake learns how to throw the fade Lazard could be a serious weapon.  Besides, he ran a 4.55 in the 40 which is nothing to sneeze at for someone his size.   As much as I love Jaydon, I think he's the odd man out.  Would Jaydon be eligible for PS?

As far as Blake Bortles throwing the fade route he has improve on that tremendously last year but I truly believe they are going to keep 7 receivers this year because mickens is too good on punt returns to cut him. I can see them sliding Lazar with the tight end count instead of including him as a receiver.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2018, 12:13 PM by MalabarJag.)

Moncrief
Cole
Westbrook
Chark
Lazard

Mickens is the best punt returner this team has ever had. Barring injury I doubt he wouldn't make the final 53.

(04-29-2018, 12:05 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Remember when we were worried if Reggie Williams and Matt Jones would be adequate? Good times

Touche'

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

1. Lee
2. Cole
3. Westbrook

That'll be the primary three at the start of the year. Moncrief has to prove himself and stay healthy. I slot him at the fourth position. Chark is in the same boat but with his size and speed it wouldn't shock me if he's somehow a starter over Cole or Westbrook if they begin to slip in production. I'll keep him at the fifth spot.

I think that sixth spot goes to Lazard. He'll be a red zone option later on at some point. As much as I liked Mickens last year they may opt to cut him and just give Chark, Grant and Westbrook return duties.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."