Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who starts at WR?

I'm very happy that this WR group is gonna be ultra competitive in terms of earning playing time. That's exactly what we need with a group of young players who are nowhere near to their potential yet. Hopefully a couple of those guys can reach the next level and become long term fixtures on this team.

There's no rush to name starters right now, let's see how it all shakes out. My suspicion is that, by the end of the year, Moncrief will be the one missing out. I'd be very surprised if he is here for more than a year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll take Chark's potential and Moncrief all day over Robinson and Hurns. As good as ARob was with the 50/50 balls neither one of them had the speed or agility to get separation.

Mickens is gone. No need for him anymore.

Lee, Moncrief, Cole, Westbrook, Chark and Lazzard.

(04-29-2018, 10:56 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 10:52 AM)EricC85 Wrote: I'm still concerned about wr losing arob and hurns is going to hurt at first.

Maybe. He did miss quite a bit of time last year and Cole/Westbrook have some experience now. It could be a relatively seamless transition.

That's my hope but the schedule won't be as creampuff this year either
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(04-29-2018, 12:13 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 11:10 AM)JaxonJag24 Wrote: Lee
Moncrief
Cole
Westbrook
Chark
Lazard

I think we keep 6.  I'm hoping Lazard shows out.  I wouldn't move him to TE yet.  He seems capable on short outs and can win the 50/50 balls  With his size at 6'4", 220 he would be valuable in the slot in RZ situations.  I don't think Chark is strong enough to handle RZ.  If/when Blake learns how to throw the fade Lazard could be a serious weapon.  Besides, he ran a 4.55 in the 40 which is nothing to sneeze at for someone his size.   As much as I love Jaydon, I think he's the odd man out.  Would Jaydon be eligible for PS?

Mickens is the best punt returner this team has ever had. Barring injury I doubt he wouldn't make the final 53.

(04-29-2018, 12:05 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Remember when we were worried if Reggie Williams and Matt Jones would be adequate? Good times

Touche'

I worry if Robinson has a great season and our receivers here take some time to gel this fanbase’ heads will explode. But we have a richness of youth and depth at the position. I only wish we had this in our 2007 season. Oh well

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2018, 01:30 PM by SignMeUpAtQB.)

Mickens was a really good returner on ST. What makes you guys think that Lazard will beat him out? (legit question)

Some reports say he might switch to a pass catching TE role in the NFL due to lack of separation skills.

I really hope we keep Mickens. He is an absolute Playmaker on ST. Plus we have our big bodied Receivers in Moncrief and Chark now.

Cole gonna be elite, just sayin

(04-29-2018, 02:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Cole gonna be elite, just sayin

we cant afford an elite wr

(04-29-2018, 02:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Cole gonna be elite, just sayin

I hope that Cole stays in the starting lineup. That kid is exciting to watch.

I would like to see Cole, Westbrook and Chark as our top 3 guys with the redzone schemes featuring Chark, Lazard and Moncrief, but that's not gonna happen. For some reason this team is infatuated with Lee and I don't understand why.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2018, 03:06 PM by NH3.)

Rashad Greene and Shane Wynn will probably be the odd ones out. I like the new acquisitions at the position but as we know, we cannot keep all of them. Cole will be our #3 receiver on the depth chart in my opinion unless Tevaun unseat him.

NH3...

(04-29-2018, 12:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Mickens is gone. No need for him anymore.

Lee, Moncrief, Cole, Westbrook, Chark and Lazzard.

Didn't we just resign Jaydon Mickens?

NH3...
"AZANE"

Man, Blake is gonna have a glut of playmakers. Moncrief, Cole, Westbrook, Lee, Chark, ASJ, Lazard, Leo, Grant, Yeldon... Whew thats some serious firepower

(04-29-2018, 03:08 PM)JNev Wrote: Man, Blake is gonna have a glut of playmakers. Moncrief, Cole, Westbrook, Lee, Chark, ASJ, Lazard, Leo, Grant, Yeldon... Whew thats some serious firepower

Not to beat that horse further but if Blake doesn’t improve with all the offensive weapons we have, even slightly. Well you get the point...

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2018, 06:12 PM by JackCity.)

Watching a lot of Chark here and he destroys teams in the slot. He's not the best at getting off press so giving him an easier get off + a 2 way go really opens up what he can do. He's also really good at coming in and hitting blocks on LBs/CBs.

Wouldn't be surprised if the majority of his snaps comes at slot. Team will have to be very wary of bringing a safety down and leaving him 1 v 1 with a nickel.

Moncrief Lee And Cole will start. Chark and Westbrook getting plenty of reps. Mickens was a good ST last year but I think Chark beats him out and takes over PR duties. Greene finally gets cut and I think sadly Mickens does too. Chark offers as much return ablility and better WR potential to keep mickens around.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(04-29-2018, 06:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: Watching a lot of Chark here and he destroys teams in the slot. He's not the best at getting off press so giving him an easier get off + a 2 way go really opens up what he can do. He's also really good at coming in and hitting blocks on LBs/CBs.

Wouldn't be surprised if the majority of his snaps comes at slot. Team will have to be very wary of bringing a safety down and leaving him 1 v 1 with a nickel.

He seems to always have separation. Etling routinely underthrew him on deep routes
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2018, 07:48 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/rosterwatch/status/9...34977?s=21

I think it’s safe to say the WR depth chart is wide open.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-29-2018, 01:29 PM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: Mickens was a really good returner on ST. What makes you guys think that Lazard will beat him out? (legit question)

Some reports say he might switch to a pass catching TE role in the NFL due to lack of separation skills.

I really hope we keep Mickens. He is an absolute Playmaker on ST. Plus we have our big bodied Receivers in Moncrief and Chark now.
Mickens faltered down the stretch when it got cold, he started folding. Not sure if it was the nerves in the bigger games or the cold weather, but he is a risk right now. If he starts off bad in camp, he is gone.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Having so many quality receivers is a good problem to have. I'm just hoping that one of them takes that next step and becomes a number 1. My bet is on Moncrief.

(04-29-2018, 10:52 AM)EricC85 Wrote: I'm still concerned about wr losing arob and hurns is going to hurt at first.

We didn't have arob all last year, so that doesnt hurt, plus hurns was hurt alot last year also....our young receivers got alot of exp last year.  I am really looking for Westbrook to step up this year...to me, he just looks the part.