Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who starts at WR?

I think we have the most talented receiver corps we've had thus far in the Khan/Caldwell era.

I feel confident the specific roles will sort themselves out easily enough in camp/preseason.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-29-2018, 10:52 AM)EricC85 Wrote: I'm still concerned about wr losing arob and hurns is going to hurt at first.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Comedy gold!

Lee if healthy would be starting... he has earned that right. After that it's anybody's guess. Just one big competition for playing time. Not really a bad thing. We don't know what Chark can do but he has the physical traits to be a #1. McCardell can maybe turn him into a beast.
No pain, no gain.

(04-29-2018, 10:17 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: If we're only keeping 5 its:

Lee
Moncrief
Cole
Westbrook
Chark

In no particular order. With Lazard making the team as a TE

At 227 lbs, Lazard is bit light for a TE
'02

(04-30-2018, 07:33 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 10:17 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: If we're only keeping 5 its:

Lee
Moncrief
Cole
Westbrook
Chark

In no particular order. With Lazard making the team as a TE

At 227 lbs, Lazard is bit light for a TE

He'd only be a move TE so it's fine. 

According to Lazards agent he signed here specifically because we said we'd use him as a WR and on special teams so perhaps we just keep him there (in name at least)

(04-29-2018, 06:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: Watching a lot of Chark here and he destroys teams in the slot. He's not the best at getting off press so giving him an easier get off + a 2 way go really opens up what he can do. He's also really good at coming in and hitting blocks on LBs/CBs.

Wouldn't be surprised if the majority of his snaps comes at slot. Team will have to be very wary of bringing a safety down and leaving him 1 v 1 with a nickel.

I'll have to keep an eye on this to see if he plays more at slot or split-end.  I was thinking the latter mainly because he reminds me a lot of ARob. 
'02

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2018, 07:46 AM by JackCity.)

(04-30-2018, 07:40 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 06:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: Watching a lot of Chark here and he destroys teams in the slot. He's not the best at getting off press so giving him an easier get off + a 2 way go really opens up what he can do. He's also really good at coming in and hitting blocks on LBs/CBs.

Wouldn't be surprised if the majority of his snaps comes at slot. Team will have to be very wary of bringing a safety down and leaving him 1 v 1 with a nickel.

I'll have to keep an eye on this to see if he plays more at slot or split-end.  I was thinking the latter mainly because he reminds me a lot of ARob. 

I'd say he gets play at both but with Lee and Moncrief out there he'd play slot more.

Quite a different play style to Arob.

(04-30-2018, 07:46 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 07:40 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I'll have to keep an eye on this to see if he plays more at slot or split-end.  I was thinking the latter mainly because he reminds me a lot of ARob. 

I'd say he gets play at both but with Lee and Moncrief out there he'd play slot more.

Let's all keep in mind that while Lazard is a UDFA, it doesn't mean he can't come in here and outperform the incumbents. The smart choice is to pencil in Lee, moncrief, and Cole as the starters but depending on chark and Lazard, some of those guys could become expendable.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(04-30-2018, 07:54 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 07:46 AM)JackCity Wrote: I'd say he gets play at both but with Lee and Moncrief out there he'd play slot more.

Let's all keep in mind that while Lazard is a UDFA, it doesn't mean he can't come in here and outperform the incumbents. The smart choice is to pencil in Lee, moncrief, and Cole as the starters but depending on chark and Lazard, some of those guys could become expendable.

Indeed. How quickly we forget Hurns was undrafted

(04-30-2018, 07:46 AM)JackCity Wrote: I'd say he gets play at both but with Lee and Moncrief out there he'd play slot more.

I tend to think Marqise is already expendable although his contract may say otherwise.
'02

Rotoworld blurb:

Quote:Allen Lazard - WR - Jaguars

Jaguars signed Iowa State WR Allen Lazard.

Lazard (6’5/227) was a four-year starter and two-time first-team All-Big 12 pick, logging a prolific 241/3,360/26 career receiving line with 13.9 yards per catch. Cyclones QBs combined for a 104.1 passer rating when targeting Lazard in 2017. Lazard showed well in Indy with 76th-percentile SPARQ results, acceptable 4.55 speed, and a springy 38-inch vertical. Lazard’s tape shows a wideout who lacks explosive traits and lives in traffic, but knows how to use his body in both the possession and downfield games. Known for being smart and a hard worker, Lazard has some poor man’s Vincent Jackson appeal.

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-30-2018, 08:41 AM)knarnn Wrote: Rotoworld blurb:

Quote:Allen Lazard - WR - Jaguars

Jaguars signed Iowa State WR Allen Lazard.

Lazard (6’5/227) was a four-year starter and two-time first-team All-Big 12 pick, logging a prolific 241/3,360/26 career receiving line with 13.9 yards per catch. Cyclones QBs combined for a 104.1 passer rating when targeting Lazard in 2017. Lazard showed well in Indy with 76th-percentile SPARQ results, acceptable 4.55 speed, and a springy 38-inch vertical. Lazard’s tape shows a wideout who lacks explosive traits and lives in traffic, but knows how to use his body in both the possession and downfield games. Known for being smart and a hard worker, Lazard has some poor man’s Vincent Jackson appeal.

Sounds like Ernest Wilford.

'02

(04-30-2018, 08:50 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 08:41 AM)knarnn Wrote: Rotoworld blurb:

Didn't Wilford eventually make the move to TE?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Yeah I'd say Lee is the only one with all of his snaps locked in. If Moncrief gets nicked up he might not get this snaps back...

Gonna miss those 17 yards Robinson got us last year.

(04-30-2018, 08:53 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 08:50 AM)Jags02 Wrote:

Didn't Wilford eventually make the move to TE?

I'm not sure. I remember we always talked about that. Maybe in his final year or two.
'02

Cole is our best receiver and it is not really that close, Lee is very valuable though because too quick to cover on short routes.

I thought for sure they would address Tight end from the draft. I guess they beleive in Jenkins more than most. This team needs that guy who can open up the middle of the field.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2018, 01:16 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-30-2018, 01:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think we have the most talented receiver corps we've had thus far in the Khan/Caldwell era.

I feel confident the specific roles will sort themselves out easily enough in camp/preseason.

I do not know if I would say this is the most talented group of receivers, but from 1-6, to me this is easily the fastest, most explosive group of WRs we've ever had.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I think it’s the most enigmatic group of receivers we’ve had in a while.

With the exception of Lee, we’ve seen relatively little of the others and not really enough to be sure what we have.

But yes, the raw athletic ability appears to be there.