Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your perfect draft

Hindsight is 20/20, so let's have some fun putting together our perfect drafts with the full knowledge of where everyone went. I'll start.

1. Will Hernandez
2. Mason Rudolph
3. Ian Thomas
4. Josh Sweat
5. No 5th rounder
6. Equanimeous St. Brown
7. Leon Jacobs 
7. Don't like anyone else that was drafted at this point so I'll say Quenton Meeks just for fun.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1. Connor Williams, OT/OG, Texas
2. Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
3. Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford
4. Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford
6. Colby Gossett, OG/OT, Appalachian State
7. Mike McCray, LB, Michigan
7. Holton Hill, CB, Texas

(04-30-2018, 10:37 PM)Upper Wrote: Hindsight is 20/20, so let's have some fun putting together our perfect drafts with the full knowledge of where everyone went. I'll start.

1. Will Hernandez
2. Mason Rudolph
3. Ian Thomas
4. Josh Sweat
5. No 5th rounder
6. Equanimeous St. Brown
7. Leon Jacobs 
7. Don't like anyone else that was drafted at this point so I'll say Quenton Meeks just for fun.

I tried to make a better one but I couldn't

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2018, 12:30 AM by JackCity.)

1. Lamar Jackson QB
2. Justin Reid S
3. Ian Thomas TE
4. Maurice Hurst DT
6. Colby Gossett G
7. Justin Jackson RB
7. Trey Quinn WR

I was tempted to make a Lamar Jackson one too, but felt the Rudolph value in round 2 made it slightly better. I also forgot all about Mo Hurst that was a good one even if his condition is quite worrisome.

(05-01-2018, 12:03 AM)JackCity Wrote: 1. Lamar Jackson QB
2. Justin Reid S
3. Ian Thomas TE
4. Maurice Hurst DT
6. Colby Gossett G
7.  Justin Jackson RB
7. Trequan Smith WR

Tre'quan Smith was selected by the Saints in the 3rd round #91 overall.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2018, 12:28 AM by JackCity.)

(05-01-2018, 12:22 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 12:03 AM)JackCity Wrote: 1. Lamar Jackson QB
2. Justin Reid S
3. Ian Thomas TE
4. Maurice Hurst DT
6. Colby Gossett G
7.  Justin Jackson RB
7. Trequan Smith WR

Tre'quan Smith was selected by the Saints in the 3rd round #91 overall.
Meant Trey Quinn.

(05-01-2018, 12:21 AM)Upper Wrote: I was tempted to make a Lamar Jackson one too, but felt the Rudolph value in round 2 made it slightly better. I also forgot all about Mo Hurst that was a good one even if his condition is quite worrisome.

Just realised I forgot a nickel. Oh well. 
Yeah Hurst was too good not to take a punt on. Was weird that some reports stated that some teams only had him in the 2nd/3rd regardless of his heart issue. Don't know if I buy that.

Without even analyzing the board properly in hindsight - I'd probably have gone

Hernandez
Rudolph
Thomas
Either Ballage or a nickel prospect if there was a good one

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2018, 09:19 AM by I am Yoda.)

(04-30-2018, 11:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 1. Connor Williams, OT/OG, Texas
2. Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
3. Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford
4. Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford
6. Colby Gossett, OG/OT, Appalachian State
7. Mike McCray, LB, Michigan
7. Holton Hill, CB, Texas

I like that draft a lot, O-Line!  I would have gone Hernandez instead of Williams, but wouldn't be disappointed at all.

(05-01-2018, 09:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Without even analyzing the board properly in hindsight  - I'd probably have gone

Hernandez
Rudolph
Thomas
Either Ballage or a nickel prospect if there was a good one

Those first three picks would have me jumping up and down for joy.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-30-2018, 10:37 PM)Upper Wrote: Hindsight is 20/20, so let's have some fun putting together our perfect drafts with the full knowledge of where everyone went. I'll start.

1. Will Hernandez
2. Mason Rudolph
3. Ian Thomas
4. Josh Sweat
5. No 5th rounder
6. Equanimeous St. Brown
7. Leon Jacobs 

These are very good choices and definitely preferable to the Jaguars actual draft. If I were calling the shots, the toughest call would have been in round 2. Chark was a very good pick and hopefully will develop into a legitimate deep threat, but Rudolph has a chance to become a franchise quarterback so he'd have been my pick also. Harrison is a solid player, but has limitations in coverage while Thomas has tremendous upside. My only difference would be keeping Richardson rather than Sweat. If he stays clean, there's a good chance he could be the starting right tackle in 2019.

Id have went Hernandez and Rudolph also. I feel Harrison was the right pick in the 3rd though and I like the Richardson pick

We were never picking Hernandez with his lack of height, small school, and t-rex arms. We like big hulking lineman from power conferences.

Taven Bryan
DJ Chark
Ronnie Harrison
You guys get my point..I liked our draft.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(05-01-2018, 10:29 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: We were never picking Hernandez with his lack of height, small school,  and t-rex arms. We like big hulking lineman from power conferences.

I mean, I liked him a lot, but sure seems like teams weren't as high on him as the draft community and fan base was.  A lot of people had him as the 2nd ranked offensive lineman, but guess that wasn't the case.

(05-02-2018, 02:09 AM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: Taven Bryan
DJ Chark
Ronnie Harrison
You guys get my point..I liked our draft.

I'm also happy with what we came away with. 
It's nice not to have so much trepidation about next year's contracts and I think we end up with some impact from three of the top four guys.

I just know I'd have gone about it differently based on my perception of the run game and offensive line.
Despite what the stat line says - I think that if Marrone/Hackett continue down the path of daring defenses to stop the run, they need another road-grader at RG.

1st - Taven Bryan
2nd - Ronnie Harrison
3rd - Ian Thomas
4th - Will Richardson
6th - Equanimeous St. Brown
7th - Leon Jacobs
7th - Logan Woodside

Not many changes.

1. OG Will Hernandez ...build and upgrade the interior running game, impose your will.
2. QB Mason Rudolph ...needed development depth for the most important position on an NFL team.
3. S Ronnie Harrison ...tremendous value/depth, and a starter in 2019 with cap savings.
4. RB Kalen Ballage ...rotational back for Fournette/replacement for Ivory.
6. WR Equanimeous St. Brown ...big developmental speed guy to learn behind Moncrief this year.
7. CB Holton Hill ...maturity issues but huge value here, worth the gamble with a 7th.
7. WR/TE Allen Lazard ...Value as a move TE conversion.

1. Mike Gesicki - TE
2. DJ Chark - WR
3. Kyle Lauletta - QB
4. Kalen Ballage - RB
6. Marcell Ateman - WR
7. Sean Welsh - G/C
7. Ryan Izzo - TE
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Rd. 1 - Will Hernandez - OG - UTEP
Rd. 2 - D. J. Chark - WR - LSU
Rd. 3 - Ian Thomas - TE - Indiana
Rd. 4 - Jaylen Samuels - RB/WR - NC State
Rd. 6 - Kalen Ballage - RB - Arizona State
Rd. 7 - Auden Tate - WR - FSU
Rd. 7 - Punter - ???

I can't really fault their draft.

My own draft would have targetted needs more but wouldn't have maximized value like they did.

I'm thinking... 1. Goedert 2. Chark 3. Josey Jewell 4. Will Richardson (now that I know about him) 6 on... no idea
'02