Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Ballard: Quenton Nelson 'easiest pick' I've ever made

Ballard: Quenton Nelson 'easiest pick' I've ever made

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-ever-made

When Colts GM Chris Ballard invited local reporters to the team's war room for a post-draft film session, per the Indianapolis Star, he noted that Nelson was "the easiest pick I've ever been a part of."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Better be an all pro to justify drafting guard top 10. Glad another mediocre GM has joined the division.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(05-08-2018, 05:49 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Better be an all pro to justify drafting guard top 10. Glad another mediocre GM has joined the division.
Based upon everything I've seen he's damn good.

He and Smith should give the Colts a physical presence inside, which, in theory, should lessen the pressure on Luck to pull off miracles.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-21-2018, 08:26 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 05:49 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Better be an all pro to justify drafting guard top 10. Glad another mediocre GM has joined the division.
Based upon everything I've seen he's damn good.

He and Smith should give the Colts a physical presence inside, which, in theory, should lessen the pressure on Luck to pull off miracles.
He’ll be throwing ducks like his predecessor did his final year. It will serve that organization right for tanking to get him.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

The amount of Colts game I've seen where luck was terrible in the first half then put up some late scores and yards in the second and then receive no blame is incredible.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nelson was absolutely the perfect fit for the Colts. O-Line, (particularly OG) was their biggest need and they get a guy many considered a "can't miss" prospect as well as another OG, who was highly rated as well and could also play RT as well. They realize they must keep Luck healthy and establish a consistent running game to be successful. The Nelson selection helps them on both ends. They finally have a GM who understands how to build a team. Grigson set that team back a good 5 years with his complete buffoonery.