Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thoughts Before Rookie Minicamp

(05-10-2018, 02:59 PM)B2hibry Wrote: I'm most intrigued with LB Darius Jackson. Not sure where he'd line up. The dude has the speed of Telvin, the motor of Fowler, and good hands like Yann. Appears to really thump when getting in the backfield.

The only Darius jackson I know ran a 4.9. That's telvin's speed of telvin ran backwards.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll keep my thoughts to Rookies for now since its rookie minicamp and we've discussed the rest of the roster ad nausem so far this offseason:

Taven Bryan - I like the pick, his potential is off the charts and there's no better room in the NFL than our Dline room to learn from and compete with. As much as people wanted Will Hernandez, the dude was raw (watch week 1 when he gets whipped by Bryan and our Dline). You're deep at a position until you're not (look at our WR's prior to week 1 vs. week 15 or so ... 1 or 2 injuries can turn a strength into a flaw) It also gives us flexibility with the big contracts tied up in the Dline to make some tough decisions/cuts in order to spend money elsewhere and keep the window open. There was really no one else at the spot (besides Lamar Jackson but it was clear we weren't going QB) that I really would've wanted.

DJ Chark - Love his size, love his speed. I'm concerned with his hands and tendency to basket catch. Even on contested catches he doesn't go up and attack the ball at arms length with his hands. Don't get me wrong he's catching the ball ... but against NFL DB's I think that body catching will negate his length and size advantage and may lead to drops (Marqise Lee had a similar problem of letting the ball into his body back in college as well). If McCardell can coach some aggression into him to fight jams and go up and attack the ball, this man could be DANGEROUS. Just the threat of him going deep will help our play action and maybe open up the run game by having the Safety think twice about coming down into the box and leaving the Corner alone with a 6'4" dude with 4.34 speed.

Ronnie Harrison - Versatile Safety that seems to be a jack of all trades and can lay the wood. What's not to like, depth at Safety was a concern of mine, i think he has limitations in coverage so SS may be a bit of a better fit for him. overall good value in the 3rd round and hopefully a ST contributor as well.

Will Richardson - unreal production at RT in college, played well in the biggest games on his schedule. Didn't allow a single sack or pressure his last year. While people think he'll compete for the RG position with Cann, I really think he might just win the RT job outright and force Parnell inside, similar to Robinson & Brandon Albert last year. At worst he's our swing tackle and will easily usurp Josh Well's role on this roster (thank the lord). I think come 2019 him and Tony Adams could be our right side of the line as I doubt Cann's contract is renewed and Parnell is up there in age but still solid.

Tanner Lee - Raw prospect, big arm, horrendous decision making. I think they were hoping Luke Falk would fall to their pick only to be grabbed 4 spots before. Idk if poor coaching played a factor but as a developmental prospect there's a lot to like but a lot to hate. There were some solid players available at the spot but considering the strength of this roster its hard to say a player in the 6th round could be a lock for a roster spot.

Leon Jacobs - great ST contributor, coachable, high character and good locker room guy. can provide depth at Strongside Linebacker but will most likely be a core-4 ST's player if he sticks, anything he adds at LB/Defense is just a bonus.

Logan Cooke - Brad Nortman had a down year, him (and the ST's as a whole really) underwhelmed at outright cost this team ... the rams game, and the short punt in the AFC Championship game. I'd rather shed his pricy punter contract for a rookie minimum guy with a big leg, I really don't think he could be much worse (but then again .. I've seen Matt Turk in teal so I don't want to jinx it)

UDFA - Allen Lazard - Love his size and red zone presence. if he plays well in preseason, he may force his way onto the roster as a 6th receiver; especially if he can contribute on ST's.

UDFA - Tony Allen - very surprised he was undrafted, solid Guard who i could see taking over for Cann after his contract is up after this season. Might need to add some strength and adjust to the speed of NFL players; but practicing against our Dline will help expedite that process.

UDFA - Quenton Meeks - again, very surprised this guy was undrafted. If he plays well or DJ Hayden Struggles I could see him getting looks at the nickel spot. Very early and he is an undrafted rookie but the kid seems like he has athletic ability and talent.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Tony Adams failed his physical and won't be signing with the jaguars.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(05-11-2018, 11:21 AM)Achilles Wrote: Tony Adams failed his physical and won't be signing with the jaguars.

Wow. Guess that's why he went undrafted. Medical issue?

(05-11-2018, 08:04 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 02:59 PM)B2hibry Wrote: I'm most intrigued with LB Darius Jackson. Not sure where he'd line up. The dude has the speed of Telvin, the motor of Fowler, and good hands like Yann. Appears to really thump when getting in the backfield.

The only Darius jackson I know ran a 4.9. That's telvin's speed of telvin ran backwards.

He has posted several times at 4.7...Anyways go watch this dude's games and tell me he's slow at 240+lbs. By the way, Telvin ran a 4.52 at 218lbs so let' not pretend he is an untouchable blazer.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(05-11-2018, 12:01 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 11:21 AM)Achilles Wrote: Tony Adams failed his physical and won't be signing with the jaguars.

Wow. Guess that's why he went undrafted. Medical issue?

That's the speculation but I haven't seen what it was yet.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Im hoping Chark is a Jimmy Smith clone.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2018, 03:43 PM by jagboss.)

Saw the Bryan clip of him walking onto the field. That's a pretty big guy.

So do we have the best defensive line in football?

(05-11-2018, 07:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: So do we have the best defensive line in football?
Who else is even close? Chargers? Broncos? Rams? Panthers?

(05-12-2018, 01:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 07:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: So do we have the best defensive line in football?
Who else is even close? Chargers? Broncos? Rams? Panthers?

The Panthers lost Lotulelei so I'm thinking that's a setback.

In Denver, it's more about their blitzing LBs.

The Chargers are running Gus Bradley's Seattle defense. They added NT Brandon Mebane as a FA from the Seahawks to pair with DT Corey Liguet inside at the 3-tech spot. Outside they have Joey Bosa at the big end spot, and then I take it Melvin Ingram is their LEO.  Not bad, but I wouldn't say better than the Jags.

The Rams may have the best 3-man DL... LDE Michael Brockers, NT Ndamukong Sue, RDE Aaron Donald
'02

Eagles or us.